Status: Completed on 3/17/12

Foolish

The Truth

"Just like that you guys are fine again?" Lyric asked as she bit into her food. It was Saturday afternoon and she dropped by to have lunch and hang out. Lyric was way more than just my sister-in-law, she was my person.

"Yeah, we are going to try having a baby and he's been so good for me for the last week that even if he cheated it's in the past." I said.

"Aww, mommy and daddy are back together." She said and I threw a piece of breadstick at her. "Where is he anyways? His cars are here by the way I love his new Bentley." She said.

"Bentley is mine and Audi is his." I said.

"Damn girl." She grinned and I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"He's been in the gym this morning so he was probably laying down." I explained.

Hey Lyric!" He said when he reached the bottom of the steps and he walked over giving me a kiss. He looked at my food. "Got more?"

"Yep, on the stove. Breadsticks are still in the oven." I grinned.

"Sweet." He walked over to Lyric and gave her a hug.

"Ready to go shopping?" Lyric asked me.

"Yeah, I need some more scrubs." I said and stood up. "Hey, do you work today Marcus?"

"Nope, but I need to stop by the office later."

"Oh well, I wanted to do dinner or something later but I will see you when you get home." I walked over and gave him a kiss. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. he opened it and pulled out a credit card. I shook my head but he put it in my pocket and gave me a kiss.

"Treat yourself on me and I love you."

"I love you too." I responded.

Lyric was fake gagging in the background at us.

"Shut up." Marcus said while throwing an oven mitt at her head.

"Love you too big bro!" She finally grabbed me and pulled me out of the house.

***

After shopping for a a few hours and grabbing dinner I decided to go drop some off to his office for him. We pulled up to his office and I got out holding his food.

"I'll be back." I told Lyric.

"Okay." She said putting her sunglasses back on.

"I have to call Ryan anyways." She said getting out her phone.

"You do that." I smiled and walked up to the building.

Anna, my husband's receptionist was right there.

"Hey Mrs. Morgan, how are you?"

"I'm good, is Marcus busy?" I asked.

"I will see." She got up and walked to the office.

After waiting a few minutes she came out followed by Karrine one of his paralegals who was absolutely gorgeous.

Hello Mrs. Morgan." She said and I knew something was up. I walked into the office to Marcus buttoning up his pants. At that exact moment I knew what was going on. I walked over to his desk I put the food down.

"Baby, I can explain." When he noticed the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Don't! I can't even look at you right now." I went to walk away but he grabbed my arm. I slapped hiim so hard that my hand stung. He stood there in complete shock because I would never get violent. I used that time to make my exit. I swore if I saw Karrine I would beat the living shit out of her. She was lucky to be gone as I walked out of the door. I wiped the tears from my eyes and walked over to Lyric's car. She immediately got off the phone as I got in and put my seatbelt on.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Just go." I said.

"What happened Melodie?" She asked.

"Get me the hell out of here now!" I said. She just shrugged her shoulders and drove off. "I am so fucking stupid, he was still cheating and I just didn't want to believe it."

"Where do you want to go?" She asked.

"Anywhere except home there are way too many objects I can use to kill him with." I said.

"Mel, I am so sorry for my asshole brother." She said as the tears started to fall.

"It's not your fault." I said.

"I know." She said.

"I didn't want to see the truth even when it's staring me dead in the face."

"I didn't even he would do something like that." She said.

"Just drop me off over here. I need time to think." I said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I will take a cab home when I am ready." I said.

"Okay." She said and I smiled weakly and got out of the car. I made sure to get my purse before slamming the door and walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Karrine
Melodie