Status: Completed on 3/17/12

Foolish

Safe Haven

At Nick's house,

I walked in as he carried my bags following me.

"I have a guest bedroom you can stay in." He said as I wiped my eyes again.

"Thank you Nick, you didn't have to help me but you did." I said gratefully.

"Dude, you were my first love and I would do anything for you." He answered honestly.

"Okay, can you just show me which room it is, I'm exhausted." I said.

"Yeah sure." He said while leading me and my bags to the room. I followed him down the hallway and he let me into the room. I put down my purse and Nick set my things in the corner.

"If you need anything, just call me." He said.

"Okay." I nodded and he walked out closing the door.

***

An hour later, I was sitting on the bed after nice long shower I was so upset that I wanted to cry all over again but if I did I wasn't sure I could make it stop. I turned on my cellphone and went to lay down but the phone started to ring. I saw Lyric's number and decided to answer.

"Hello?"

"Mel, where are you?" She asked.

"Somewhere that will give me time to think without your brother in my face all the time. I never knew that I could hate and love someone at the same time." I said.

"Marcus is really upset. He was asking me if you mentioned divorce." She said.

"I just need time alone. I will call him to just to put him at ease for now but I am not going home right now." I said.

"Okay, be careful." She said.

I got off the line with her. Before calling I waited another 10 minutes to collect my nerves.

After dialing his number my heart started beating faster.

"Hello?"

"Marcus." I said.

"Melodie where are you?"

"At a friend's. I'm okay I just need some time to myself right now."

"I told you I was sorry and I love you, just please come home." he begged.

"I can't. Just a few more days to think and I will be back." I said.

"Mel-"

"Marcus, I've got to get some rest." I hung up and crawled across the bed. I started crying because I was miserable and I love him but I didn't know if I could get past this.

***

After a few days of depression and questioning myself I was still confused about everything. I couldn't bring myself back to Marcus but I couldn't leave him either. He called everyday and I knew he was regretting everything. Today, I was going to pick up some more clothes. I pulled up to the house to see Marcus' car parked out front. I almost lost my nerve but I got out of the car because I definitely wasn't wearing dirty clothes. I walked into the house to absolute silence so I proceeded to go upstairs to get my clothes. I walked down the hallway and opened our bedroom door. I saw Marcus in just a towel about to call someone. I froze and he turned to me.

"Hey, I was calling to see if you were okay." He said.

"I just came for more clothes but I am good." I said as I walked past him.

"Do you want a divorce?" He asked. I turned my head to see him looking at the floor. In the 7 years we've been together I have never seen him this vulnerable.

"No- I don't know. I want to stay with you because I love you so damn much that I can't even picture my life without you but I have never felt so betrayed in my life. I asked you before if you cheated on me I would have preferred that you would tell me the truth and we could've worked things out a lot better. I just need some time okay?" I said.

"Yeah." He said as I started to packing up few days of clothes. I started looking for my shoes.

"Marcus, have you seen my leopard print Louboutins with the studs?"

"Yeah." He walked over to my side of the closet and found them on the top in the shoe boxes. "I put them in there so they wouldn't be damaged."

"Thank you." I really wished he would put some clothes on. Damn he looked really good in towel. He handed me the shoes and sat down on the bed. I put the box in my bag making sure not crush my other shoes.

"Mel, if I could I would trade everything just for you to come home. I wish I wasn't so stupid." He said.

"Maybe some of this was my fault." I walked over and sat beside him. "I've been so lonely recently that even when you wanted to have sex, I pushed you way." I took his hand. I could feel the tears coming again. I traced his wedding ring with my fingers. The next move that Marcus made surprised me as he lifted me up to placed me on my back on the bed. He lifted my dress and pulled my underwear to the side as he started thrusting into me slowly. I swear my eyes rolled into the back of my head. He held me by my waist as he made a steady thrust into me.

"I want you to come home." He whispered while kissing me.

***

An hour later after the final thrust I was on top of him and he made sure every last drop was inside of me. I leaned down and kissed him.

"Wow, we have way more sex now than the last few months of us being together.

"How about you give me a chance to earn your trust back?" He said while he rubbed my waist.

"How do you propose we do that?" I asked.

"We can do date nights. I just want to prove that I love you and would do anything just to make us work."

"I like the sound of that. See that is what I want to hear."

"Tonight, you get dressed up and meet me here." He said.

"No can do." I said.

"Why not?"

"Let's just start tomorrow night. I have to study." I said.

"Okay." He answered giving me the sweetest kiss. I got up to get cleaned up and leave.

I cleaned up a little bit then grabbed my bags. Marcus took them from me. He helped me take my things to the car and I turned around and gave him a peck before getting in my car. I noticed the look in Marcus' eyes. He looked so lost. Maybe if I stayed a little bit longer it would teach him a lesson.