Status: Completed on 3/17/12

Foolish

Never Again.

Two months later,

I was on my 4th month of pregnancy and doing okay just really sad that I couldn't share my true happiness with my husband. I walked into the house holding the bags of groceries for the week. Nick was helping me out by making sure I took care of myself. Marcus was there to help me out and always made sure I went to my doctor's appointment. Last week we found out that we were having a girl.

I put my three bags of groceries on the counter because my cellphone was ringing. I checked the number to Lyric's name pop up so I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey girl, what are you doing?" She asked.

"Just got back from grocery shopping I will be with the lawyers with Marcus working out a custody agreement and settlement tomorrow for Lord knows how long even though we agreed we want joint custody." I said while putting my milk away.

"You two are sure handling this very maturely. Are you sure you want to go through with the divorce?" She asked.

"I wasn't the one who gave up. I was going home the next day but Marcus gave up." I said.

"I still think that both of you are making a huge mistake." She said.

"I think so too but I still can't change anything." I said sadly.

I continued to unpack my things but then I heard Ryan's loud mouth in the background.

"Hey, I've got to go but I love you."

"Love you too." I said.

I felt a small sharp pain in my stomach as I hung up and I rubbed the area that was hurting. The doorbell rang and I walked to the front door opening it. There stood Marcus holding a crib that needed to be assembled.

"I know I said that I wouldn't stop by unannounced but I just wanted to drop this off before I headed to work." He said.

"It's okay." I stepped back and he walked in. "The nursery is upstairs second door to the right." I said as he nodded and headed upstairs. The small pain hit again but it wasn't as bad. I massaged it and started sorting out my groceries again. A minute later Marcus came jogging down the stairs.

"Nursery looks good." He said.

"How can it look good and I haven't even painted it yet?" I asked.

"Well nevermind. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just a small pain." I said.

"Want to go to the hospital?" He asked.

"No, I'm okay."

"You need to slow down all of this working and not resting isn't good for you or the baby." He scolded me.

"Marcus, I'm fine really?" I assured him.

"Okay." He nodded. "I'm going to go."

"You sure? Do you want anything to eat or a drink?" I was just so used to taking care of him it was natural of me to ask.

"No, I'm fine. I'll see you in the morning." He said.

"Okay." I said walking him to the door. He opened it.

"Bye." He said as he walked out looking back at me.

"Bye." I closed to the door and letting out a sigh.

***

The next morning,

I was sitting in the conference room with my lawyer and Marcus sat across from me with his lawyer. All morning the pain was getting worse but I kept my mouth shut so I could just get through this and go to the hospital. I didn't want to worry Marcus even though he's the father.

"Mrs. Morgan, my client want you to to get 55-45 out of the settlement and he is willing to pay you alimony as well as child support."

I elected to speak for myself.

"That would be way too much. I will take alimony and child support." I noticed him looking at me strangely.

"Mel, are you okay?" Marcus asked.

"I don't think so." I said as I felt a whole lot of pressure on my lower abdomen and I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. Marcus got up and walked over to me.

"Mel, what is it?" He asked.

"The baby. Marcus?" I said looking up at him.

"What is it baby?" He looked at me concerned.

"Catch me." I said as I fell over and lucky for me Marcus caught me. As the world faded out I could hear Marcus yelling.

"Call an ambulance she's bleeding!"

***

I blinked a few times as I opened my eyes to hear a steady beeping. Then it hit me as I saw Marcus.

"Marcus." I said.

"Melodie." He said and walked over to the bed.

"What happened? Is the baby okay?" I asked and then I saw him shake his head slightly and his eyes water a little.

"She didn't make it." He said.

"No, please don't tell me that Marcus, please!" I pleaded with him while the tears were falling down my cheeks.

"Come here." He said as he got on the bed and I buried my head in his chest as he consoled me.

"It's my fault." I sobbed.

"No, it's not." He said. "It's mine I left you alone and this happened. I promise never to leave you again. He kissed my forehead and rubbed my back.