Status: Completed on 3/17/12

Foolish

Home

I was laying in the hospital bed as a nurse took my vitals, Nick decided that he would take over my care since I grew depressed after the miscarriage. I ended up staying a few more days extra while Marcus got the house ready for me. He decided that I would be staying with him until I got better and we made a decision about the divorce. He was being so good to me that I didn't know if I wanted to be divorced again. There was a knock on the door and then it opened to reveal Lyric.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, Marcus had to drop some documents off so he sent me with some lunch for you." She put the bag of food on my lap.

"Thank you." I sat up a little bit as she moved my overhead tray over to me.

"So, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm not going to lie I feel so damn empty." I said.

"I know that you were excited about this baby but there is always more time to have more." She said.

"I don't know." I said shaking my head.

"You will be okay, just think positive and we will all be here for you." She said.

"I know, so Marcus refuses to cry in front of me. How is he?" I asked.

"He's taking it bad." She said while looking down. "He had a nursery built and when we went over there to help him put the things in storage, he broke down and and broke almost everything but the crib."

"Shit." I said.

"Yeah, but he will be okay and you two will be together again."

"Maybe." I said.

"Mel, you have got to think about it." She said.

"I know, I still love him so much." I said.

"Then you two belong together." He said.

***

A few days later, I was packing up with Marcus' help.

"Can you get me an aspirin? My head is killing me." I asked Marcus.

"Sure. I'll run to the nurses station." He said.

"Thank you." I said as I sat down in the wheelchair thinking maybe I should give him another chance.

He came back with the aspirin and some water handing them over.

"Here you go." He said.

"I'm sorry I didn't come to the hospital when the warnings were there." I said as I took the pills.

"It's okay, I don't blame you. It's your first child and you didn't know. All that matters is that you get better and we work on us."

"Okay." I said.

He finished packing me up and signing the release forms that Nick pushed to have delivered earlier. Once we were finished we left and went home.

Once we were home, I was too tired to walk up the stairs so I planned on sleeping in the guest room.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Yeah and sleepy." I said.

"How about we get you upstairs and I'll fix you something to eat?" He said.

"Okay." I nodded.

He lifted me off my feet bridal style and carried me upstairs. When we reached the bedroom he opened the door and walked over to the bed. He laid me down gently and I grabbed my pillow.

"Get some rest and I'll wake you to eat okay?"

"Okay." I nodded. I didn't even last long after he left the room. I turned on the tv to watch Sex and The City and ended up passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very short filler but working on the next chapter.
Melodie coming home