Status: So... active for me apparently means years in between, I promise that's not the case this time. I hope.

Right to Choose

Change

Thinking back on it all, I can’t even decide what was worse. I made a lot of mistakes, I’m never going to deny that, but now… now I don’t know what my ultimate downfall was. All of my decisions were clearly questionable, with undesirable consequences, and I guess, in the end, it all fucked me over.

***

October 19th, 2011

“New uniforms? Looking a bit spick there, Evans,” Cass exhaled, blowing a cloud of smoke out of her lungs before putting her cigarette out on the stairs below her.

“Mmhmm, bit of a change, yes,” Evans glanced down at her black shirt as she took her sunglasses off, looking back over at the teenage girl sitting on the stairs, “you don’t look too bad yourself there either Cass. Scrub up well, I see.”

“Oh, yeah, I’m the picture of class and sophistication,” Cass rolled her eyes as she rolled up the sleeves of her button up shirt, “I think my lawyer nearly had a heart attack, something about jeans being informal,” Cass shrugged and stood up, dusting herself off, “so what do I owe this pleasure anyway, Evans?”

“I’m just here to pick up Sam, I’m off duty. What did you get, anyway? The charge was B&E and destruction of property, wasn’t it?” Evans checked her phone quickly before focusing back on the girl.

“Two year good behaviour bond and a curfew for the next six months. Not allowed out between 6pm and 6am. It’s going to be so much fun, just my mother and I,” Cass scowled at the thought.

“No juvie? Your teacher will be devastated; he was really pushing the charges, from what I heard,”

“Bit of leniency, since it’s my birthday and all,” Cass scoffed, still disagreeing with the judge’s decision, “dunno if it’s worth it though, juvie could’ve been interesting. Might’ve buffed me up a little.”

“Cass, you’re an idiot. Happy birthday, by the way, you’re what, 17 now?” Reaching into her cargo pants pocket again, Evans pulled out her now ringing phone, “hey hun, yeah, I’m just out the front. I’ll be there in just a second,” hanging up, Evans looked back at Cass, “looks like I’ve got to run, kid. Be good for once, will you?” Evans walked off into the courthouse; only stopping to ruffle Cass’s carefully done hair.

“What does good mean?” Cass called out after the retreating officer’s back, scowling as she put her hair back into place, making her way down the steps and onto the footpath, starting her walk back to the new found prison in her home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is officially my break from reality, and my chance to focus on something that's not pain. All I can say is that hospitals suck and if I listen to what I've been told, I have no veins, no blood pressure, and no internal organs. Well, that's what I gathered from five tests and two trips to emergency, that is.