Take Him Away, Give Him a Gun

Truth

"You're the girl of his dreams!" Kilee exclaimed on the way to Chloe’s locker, the day before Joe’s big wrestling match.

"I don’t believe you. Besides, he likes heavily tattooed and semi pierced chicks. He'd never like me." She replied giving her a skeptical look.

"Whatever Chloe, here comes Joe. I'll see you later." She said, as she turned to go.

"Bye."

She would have stayed around longer, but she knew that Joe disapproved of her, and Chloe’s friends. Her real friends, the ones that she doesn’t have to act fake with; the ones where she actually fit in.

"Hey babe." Joe said, as he kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey." Chloe said while digging into her locker looking for her Algebra II book. While she was searching, a couple of Joe's close friends arrived at her locker.

"Hey, Chloe." One of the guys said.

"Hey, Zach." She replied without turning around.

"So dude, that party last night was awesome!" Joey, another one of Joe's friends, exclaimed.

Quickly, Chloe turned around, "What party?"

Joey went to open his mouth, but out of the corner of her eye Chloe saw Joe give him a silencing stare.

"What party? There was a party last night?" Joey said trying to cover for himself and most likely Joe as well.

Chloe glared at him, and he started to get scared, "Whatever. The bell's about to ring, I have to get to homeroom." She slammed her locker door shut, and walked away.

Glancing over her shoulder, she saw Joe hit Joey in the back of the head. "Dude that was close. Next time watch your mouth."

She continued walking, and slowly headed towards her homeroom.

"Hey, chicky. I see you're not with Joseph. What’s wrong Juju bee?" Kilee asked, as she walked out of her history class.

"Ugh. Nothing I think Joe's using me for something. What, I don't know yet." Chloe replied, giving her an uneasy look.

"Well, dump him. I mean come on, hell if someone's got his eye on you, it could be something big. Plus he's so much hotter than Joe." She said turning the corner to their homeroom.

"I dunno. Well see how things go tonight."

"Hey." Kilee said to someone she couldn't see, since her eyes were fixed on the ground.

"Hey, Ki. What’s up?" A male voice answered her.

'I thought she was talking to me for a second’, Chloe thought as she looked up to see five guys standing outside the door to their homeroom.

These boys weren't popular boys, since they would know better than talk to Kilee, but instead it was people of Chloe’s own clique.

Brian Hanner Jr. was the one who replied to Kilee.

"Hey Chloe." He said finally noticing her standing there. Standing a few feet from Brian, Chloe noticed Zachary Baker and Matt Sanders slouched against the wall, talking to Jonathan Seward and Jimmy Sullivan.

When Brian said her name, Zacky turned, and gave Chloe one of those, ‘If-my-best-friend-didn't-like-you-I'd-do-you looks’.

"...But I mean, I can't believe it happened, I was completely drunk...," Zacky turned back towards the other guys and nudged Matt, "What?!"

He yelled, pissed that Zacky had interrupted him. But when he looked up his face went from pissed to shocked, in a matter of seconds.

"Did either of you go to that party last night?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, I did. But Chloe was a hoe and stayed home."

"What party are we talking about? And I'm not a hoe, I had homework to do. Sorry." Chloe replied; giving what she thought was a great counter example.

"You didn't hear about Kyle’s party? Hell, we saw Joe there..." Brian started to state when she suddenly interrupted him.

"WHAT?!" you said, raising your voice, "Oh well. I don't care right now."

"I'm sorry, I thought you knew." Brian said, sounding very apologetic.

"Ah, you know what, don't worry about. I just wish he told me there was one. Wait, Kyle? Kyle Montgomery? The kid that absolutely hates Joe?" She asked, surprised.

"Yeah." They all replied, except Matt and Zacky.

Chloe huffed as the bell rang signaling everyone to get to his or her homerooms.

"Well Chloe, I'll see you later." Kilee said, as she patted her on the back and headed down the hall with Brian.

As she walked into her homeroom, she could hear Zacky say "Later" to Johnny, Jimmy, and Matt.

Chloe found her seat, and decided to finish her History homework. Halfway through the boring assignment on the Vietnam War, a paper airplane floated through the air, and landed on the desk.

Picking it up, you examined it, and written on the left wing was "Open Me."

Looking around, you saw your other close friend Sam, widening her eyes, mouthing for you to open the piece of paper.

"What?" You mouthed to her.

"OPEN IT!" she mouthed back.

Chloe growled at her, and turned back to the plane.

Opening it, inside the message stated: "Did you know That Matt has been staring at you since the second bell? Did Kilee tell you? Write me back, but make damn sure that you fold this the right way."

She turned around and looked at her. Sam leaned her head towards Matt, trying to act like she was cracking her neck. Chloe leaned down to get a pencil out of her backpack, and quickly stole a glance at Matt, who happened to turn his head just as she looked over.

Jimmy noticed this, and mentioned it to Matt. Matt looked back over at Chloe, and smiled.

Her eyes went wide with the shock of him catching her, and she emitted a squeak that caused everyone to look in her direction. Behind you the three guys were smirking, and Sam shook her head.

"Is there something wrong, Mrs. Reynolds?" Mr. Lorson asked you.

"Oh! No! I just thought I saw a mouse." Chloe replied with a sheepish grin, "Sorry."

He rolled his eyes, and went back to looking at his magazine.

Finally the bell rang, and Chloe ran out of the room quickly, with Sam on her heels.

When they reached the steps, Kilee caught up with them, and asked Sam, "What’s wrong with Chloe?"

Sam started to laugh; Chloe began to turn, ready to tell her off when she realized that Matt was behind them, with the other guys.

"Nothing happened," Chloe called back to them, "Geesh. Umm OH! Here Sam, here's your damn paper airplane. I never got a chance to give it back to you."

"Oh!! Really! Thanks!" She replied causing everyone to laugh. When they reached the landing, the eight of them stood there in the area where the two hallways joined.

"Okay, well I'm off to Biology. Jimmy, Matt, see you guys later." Johnny said as he walked down the hall with Sam, who waved good-bye to Chloe and Kilee.

The rest of the group headed down the other hallway and dispersed into the classrooms. Zacky, and Brian headed into their Computer Apps classes, and Chloe, Matt, Jimmy, and Kilee headed into their English class.

Unfortunately when Chloe stepped through the door, Joe was already seated and scanning the room for her. When he saw her, he motioned for her, and Chloe looked back to Ki and said, "I'll see you guys later."

She nodded and took her seat next to Jimmy.

Chloe took her seat, and faced the white-board, taking a few deep breaths, when she felt Joe tap her shoulder. Fixing her face with a fake smile, she turned around, "Yes?"

"What’s wrong? Are you mad at me because I didn't mention the party?" he asked semi-interested.

Chloe continued with her fake smile, and replied, "Nah, I was busy anyway." She turned around as Mr. Hoyle entered the room and started the lesson.