Take Him Away, Give Him a Gun

Infidelity

Chloe rushed up the stairs towards Kyle's room. Without hesitating, she swung open the door to reveal Kyle naked in bed with a random girl from her class.

"Shit, sorry guys!" Chloe mumbled, covering her eyes as she backed out of the room. Thankfully, they both laughed at the interruption.

"Just close the door on your way out please!" Kyle called from the bed.

Chloe groaned to herself and continued down the hallway until she gave up and slid down to the floor, her back to the wall. She heard her name being called and saw Kilee approach her from the top of the stairs. She took a seat next to Chloe, "Are you alright? Come on, let's go home." Chloe nodded and they both stood from their seated position. Brian happened to meet them at the top of the stairs and escorted them to the front porch where Johnny, Zacky and Matt were sitting, beers in hand. Chloe took a seat on the porch swing next to Johnny, absentmindedly staring at the ground.

"Guys, I need your help.." Brian said motioning towards Chloe. Matt moved to stand as well when Brian asked him to stay with Chloe. Matt nodded and sat next to her on the porch swing. The rest of them disappeared back into the house and Chloe watched as the door closed behind them. Without thinking, she laid her head on Matt's shoulder and he comfortably wrapped his around around her as the front door opened again and Joe was practically tossed through the opened front door.

While Joe brushed the grass from his jeans, the door opened once more and Kyle appeared, dragging Joey and Zach out with him, "Get the fuck out of my house." Chloe felt Matt's arm tighten around her shoulder, "I'm sorry Chloe." She looked up at Matt with red puffy eyes, "Please don't apologize for him." Matt nodded.

Kilee approached them and gently wiped at the tears on Chloe's face, "Matt could I ask you for a big favor?" He looked up at her and nodded, "Will you take her home?"

Matt's eyes widened in surprised, "T-take her home?" He gently stammered. Kilee nodded and helped Chloe up from the seat, "She'll let you know how to get back there." Kilee gently shoved Matt off the porch. They slowly walked West towards her house and Matt struggled to keep Chloe upright now that the alcohol she had consumed was starting to kick in.

"Are we almost at your house?" Matt asked, glancing at the houses trying to recall what Chloe's looked like. Chloe shrugged and leaned into Matt's shoulder. He sighed, "Chloe, I can't take you home if you don't tell me where you live..." Chloe giggled to herself and pulled away from him.

Matt took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Listen. I want to get you home, please. I can't fulfill my promise to Kilee if I can't get you home safely." Chloe pointed down the street, "I know it's this way."

Matt gritted his teeth, reaching the end of his rope and roughly grabbed at her arms, "Okay, Chloe. One last time.. where the fuck is your house?" Chloe's eyes went wide in fright and tears started to fall down her cheeks, "Hepburn Street," she replied, pointing back over her shoulder. Matt dropped his gaze, and rubbed at his temples, "Listen, I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have lost my temper. I'm sorry." Chloe nodded in silence as she tried to stop her tears.

Chloe quickly sobered up and reached for Matt's hand in comfort from the dark streets. She was thankful that he didn't protest. They continued down the street, when Chloe patted at her pockets, "I should call my mom, but I don't have my phone. Should have done that before I left that party." Matt nodded and frowned, "Sorry, I left mine at home as well."

Matt attempted to start a conversation, but before the words could leave his mouth he would rethink it and keep quiet as they walked down the street. He looked at her from the corner of his eye, when his mouth opened without him thinking, "I have a question, and please don't get upset for me asking.. but, why are you with Joe?"

Chloe shrugged, "I don't know anymore really. At first I thought it was because I liked him, I mean he is a good person, but after a while.. I figured out he was just using me.. why, I still have no idea, but I have known for a while that he has to have been cheating on me..."

Without thinking and without looking at her, Matt stated, "He was."

"What?!"

Matt gently covered her mouth so not to wake anyone, and pulled her into his side, "Shush. We saw him last week. We were going to tell you - but I didn't know how to get the message to you."

"Who was it?"

Matt sighed, "I believe it was his ex.. I'm not sure."

Chloe kicked at the loose gravel on the sidewalk, not looking up from the ground.

"Chloe, I'm really sorry for you to find out this way.."

Chloe wrapped her arms around his torso and Matt placed his around her shoulders. They stood like that for a few minutes and Chloe softly giggled to herself, causing Matt to pull away from her and give her a questioning look. She could feel her cheeks turn red when she looked up at , "Nothing."

He laughed and pulled her into his chest again.