Status: Active.

Tragic the Way People Pass Her By

Quatre.

“Well, that clears that up,” I mumbled to myself. My head started to pound, and I felt myself getting drowsy. Suddenly, my vision blacked out.



I woke up in my bed hours later. The sunlight poured in through the large window adjacent to my bed. My head still throbbed, and I was a little dizzy. My clock said that it was ten in the morning. I had passed out for over seven hours.

This has happened a lot since the incident. The first few times, I thought I was dying. I went to the doctors and they told me it was a side effect of my severe concussion. They said that whenever I got stressed out, extremely tired or over emotional, I would faint. At first, I was passing out frequently. Sometimes twice a day. At the beginning, I couldn’t understand what happened, and my mind was constantly racing. I suppose my brain was like a computer, in the way if it gets too much information or has too many things happening at once, it crashes. However, I haven’t had one of these in ages. I suppose the whole Zach thing brought it on.

Slowly, I sat up. I reached for the water bottle sitting next to me, and cautiously took a sip. My head stopped spinning, and I was able to think again.

I didn’t have class today. I would probably just stick around the house like I normally did. I used to go to the mall, but everyone there started to recognize me as the girl who broke Zach Porter’s heart. They attacked me. It’s funny how naive people can be. Zach and I never released what actually happened to me. Allstar Weekend eventually canceled the rest of that tour due to “Unlikely circumstances”. It made people furious, and they took it out on me.

Of course, having a celebrity boyfriend was never easy. From the few months I had with Zach, I knew that. And just from how people are overreacting to Lexie, made it all the more clear.

People are like hungry animals. They take in these stories, regardless of the circumstances. They devour them, without questioning what really happened. What really went into it.

I got out of bed, and slowly made my way down to the kitchen. Everyone was gone as it was a weekday. On the counter, I found a note from my mom.

“Honey, I saw that you had passed out when I went to wake you up this morning. Please call me when you read this so I know that you are okay. Oh, and there are muffins in the drawer. Also, someone came by when you were asleep. I don’t know who though, they wouldn’t tell me their name.”

It was peculiar that someone came by to see me. I never socialized anymore, and I really didn’t have any friends. There were a few people from school, I was acquainted with, but none of them knew where I lived. Or my last name for that matter. I wondered who it was, and why they came.

I spent my day alone. Drawing pictures, and writing stories.

After dinner, I got on my computer again. Scrolling through my timeline on Twitter, I found another tweet that caught me off guard.

“Pittsburgh, let’s rock it tonight! Time to party like it’s #notyourbirthday!”

I looked at the date. March 5th. Time really does fly. I had forgotten that they were going to be in my city today. It was weird knowing that they were a mere twenty minutes away from my house. Sure, they’ve come back several times since I’ve left. Yet for some reason, it feels different this time.

“Sarah!” I heard my mom calling up the stairs at me. “I need you to go to the strip, and get me some parmesan cheese! From that one store!”

I consented, having nothing better to do, and flung on my shoes. The strip district was this one part of Pittsburgh. In my opinion, the best. There were tons of shops, mostly different types of food stores, with street vendors, and little restaurants. The bar where I first saw Allstar Weekend was there, too. It was basically where the night scene was.

I got into my car, and drove the short drive to the strip. The traffic wasn’t bad, being it was a Tuesday night. I quickly found a parking spot, and started walking to the cheese and sausage store. I passed a few people here and there, but there really wasn’t anyone one the streets.

I walked into the small store, and the aroma of cheese surrounded me. A lot of people don’t like the smell, but for some reason, it relaxes me.

I walked up to the counter, and was waited on quickly. While the lady was getting my cheese, I heard some familiar voices behind me.

“Zach, stop trying to steal my hustle!”

“I’m not trying to steal your hustle!”

“POKEMON, GOTTA CATCH THEM ALLL!”

I froze. I knew whose voices they were.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm curious. Who do you think said what at the end? Like who do you think said "POKEMON, GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL"?

Thanks for the comments on the last chapter. You have no idea how happy that made me.

Come hit me up on twitter. @Sarahishere13