Status: Completed.

Sing Me To Sleep

Epilogue

Alex P.O.V
“Daddy” Came a little voice from behind me, “Who was she?” I turned around picking up my three year old daughter, Sierra
“This honey is the woman you’re named after. The bravest and strongest woman I’ve ever met in my entire life. She was incredibly brave baby” I muttered, my eyes never leaving the headstone in front of me. It seemed like only yesterday I was laughing on her bed at some stupid joke Jack had cracked. It’s a weird feeling knowing that it’s been almost ten years since she passed away. Not a day goes by where it doesn’t hurt
“Daddy” Sierra whispered noticing my eyes filling with tears, “Don’t cry daddy, be brave like your friend” I smiled looking at my daughter. She was the most precious thing in my entire life and I just wish that Sierra could have lived to see her. I carefully gripped onto my daughter who was clutching onto me as I laid the 8 red roses down in front of Sierra’s grave. There was a bunch of fresh orchid’s left, I presume by one of the boys who’d visited earlier today.
“AUNTY HAYLEY!” Sierra shouted once I’d stood back up and put her down. She scampered down the path after the girl that was coming up the path. Hayley James was still only sixteen but she was the most mature kid I’d ever met. Much like her sister.
“Hey kiddo” She grinned hoisting little Sierra onto her hip before coming towards us. She smiled resting a hand on my arm; “Hey”
“Hey I smiled” Looking at her was almost like looking into the past. Hayley had inherited Sierra’s porcelain skin and massive brown eyes. The only difference being her flaming red hair that was tied in a ponytail behind her head. Looking behind her I could see Debbie, Sierra’s mum dawdling up the path- trying to prolong the walk to her daughter’s grave. With every year you’d think it’d get easier, but it doesn’t. After 8 it’s just as painful as the first.
“Hey Alex, hi See” Debbie greeted placing a kiss on my daughter’s forehead
“Hey Debs” I smiled hugging her. Even after Sierra’s death I couldn’t leave her family, so I stuck around and they were like my adoptive family
“How’s Izzy?” She asked smiling down at the stone in front of me
“She’s great, he came this morning.” I muttered, hoping that she’d miss that
“This morning? Why didn’t you tell us straight away you oaf?” Debbie laughed, shaking her head
“You know how I get about today.” I shrugged. This morning I’d held my wife’s hand tight as we welcomed our son into the world.
“He’s called Jonah, Grandma and he’s really pretty” Sierra smiled looking at Debbie
Debbie’s eyes glazed over as she remembered the day Sierra brought up names
We were in the living room watching some TV show about midwives, there was a lot of blood. Ew.
“Awww I can’t wait to have kids” Sierra had giggled before catching a glimpse of a newborn boy and awing even louder, “AWWWWW Oh my god Alex I want one” She cooed staring wide eyed at the TV screen
“We’d have a girl and a boy. We’d call them Summer and Jonah. Jonah’s my favourite name ever, if I was a dude I’d change my name to Jonah” she’d laughed before going off on some tangent about kids and how cute they were and how ‘Aunty Hayley’ would take them shopping.

“Thank you Alex” Debbie whispered, “Congratulations”
“Thanks” I muttered back seeing her smile. It was her approval that I wanted. We stood for a few more moments before all heading off back to the car park with the intentions of spraying my son with gifts and remembering the best woman on the planet.
Here lies Sierra Jadyn James

“Some say each and every day that we live are nothing short of miracles.
The past is a mere memory and the future holds promise”

Beloved daughter, sister, girlfriend and friend.

She will always live on.

Born: October 18th 1987
Died: September 27th 2004


---

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
And it's finished.
I wrote this story off the inspiration from My Sisters Keeper (if you didn't catch on)
I also would like to mention this is my first ever successful chaptered fic that's lasted over 4 chapters and has managed to get finished.
Thank you to EVERY SINGLE PERSON that's even clicked on this story. it means a lot and I am crazy grateful.
Thank you so much
Comment. Subscribe. Love (for one last time) <3
Stay Beautiful
~Jack's Creativity