On Writing

1/1

The words spilled upon the page. She smiled as she wrote the golden words. Each letter, every syllable, was an immortal treasure that only she had the ability to release into the world. She had created new life upon the page.

It is all so easy to diminish the life she had created in her own world. All it took was the death marker known as an eraser. Like a scythe the device swiftly swerved across the page. See how effortlessly the girl flips the pencil, scratching in new life onto the page. This is her Utopia; a paradise which she commands with God-like omnipotence, exercising it by scratching in new life and eliminating the old with only mental effort.

Though her peers call her a crazy bookwork, she accepts this. Because she knows that the only thing that is keeping her sane in this ever changing world is the stability that the pen and paper provide. Whatever she writes happens in her world. She can only hope that the little world she had created with the help of the pen and paper would influence the real world. It is the hope of every writer that the reader cries when a character cries, that they laugh at humorous moments, and that they feel hope for the future when an antagonist is thwarted once and for all. That is the beauty of fiction. That is the dream of a writer.