Tangled up in You

My Heart Just Melted.

When the bus pulled in to the first venue, was when reality finally set in.

I've made it. Finally.

All of the girls exited the bus and stood in front of The House Of Blues in Dallas, Texas.

We all seemed to exhale at the same time. It was like a movie.

Four girls chasing their dreams. Then one summer their record label sends them to go on a tour with The Maine, and All Time Low. Even if we were an opening act, it was still fucking awesome.

"All right girls. Huddle!" Jeneva said. All of us gathered around embracing each other in a tight group hug. It was a tradition that we had been doing ever since our first school talent show. "We've been dreaming of this for as long as we can remember. And we're finally here. We've only got one person to thank." she said as she closed her eyes and raised her index finger to the sky. "We love you big man. Now, let's go kick some ass."

"Hell yeah!" Fallon shouted as she darted towards the venue.

"Fall, you might wanna get your stuff." I reminded her as she almost reached the door.

"Oh... Yeah." she said and turned around.

We all gathered our instruments and amps from underneath the bus, and headed for the doors.

Once inside we were greeted by All Time Low's tour manager, Matt Flyzik.

"All right you guys. You're up first, then The Maine, and my boys close out the show after that. So, right now, Evan is going to help you all do sound check since you don't have a crew." he looked down to his clip board full of notes. He hummed a little as he stuck the pen that was once behind his ear in his mouth. "Which one of you is Starla?" he asked.

"Uhm, that would be me." I said as the rest of the girls pushed me to the front of the group.

"You're up first. Get your guitar, go to stage, and set up."

I let out a long sigh, before grabbing my bass and heading up to the stage. It was just sound check, but I was still nervous as hell.

"You can do it Star!" Daiton screamed from the back of the venue. She, and the rest of the girls were seated at the bar waiting on their turn.

I smiled as I hooked up my Squire to a nearby amp. Techs swarmed around me, to fix wires, while one small man stood in front of me.

"This is your earpiece, It was molded special for you. Put it in, and you can hear yourself. And some minor stage directions from Evan. But that won't go on during the show. I'm Danny by the way." He smiled as he handed me my monitor and ran off stage.

I quickly placed the piece in my ear. I threw my strap over my shoulder and waited for instructions on what to do next.

"Whenever you're ready." Evan said.

And with that I closed my eyes and played. It was the only thing that mattered anymore.

About five minutes later, I looked towards the back of the venue to see Evan giving me a thumbs up.

"That was great!" he said "You've got about four hours of downtime until doors open. Go take a nap. Or chill. Or... something." he laughed at himself.

"Thanks, Ev." I smiled as I set my bass at side-stage, and exited to return to my girls.

Image

I sat down next to Jeneva at the bar.

"Your sound check was amazing," she said. "This show is going to kick ass." She smiled as she took another sip of her vodka.

"You're drinking pre-show? That might not be healthy," I winked as she downed another mouthful.

"Shut up." she smiled. "Ooh. Looks like someone has noticed youuuuu." she cooed as she pointed across the large room.

There near the stage stood a tall, blonde headed man. He was very muscular, and had tattoos peeking out from behind his shirt. I also noticed a nose ring, as he turned around and flashed a smile in my direction.

"Or you." I said to Jeneva, as she elbowed me in the side.

"He totally wants you." she laughed.

"Oh yeah. And so does your mom." I chuckled.

"He's coming over here." she smiled.

"Oh shit." I murmured under my breathe.

And before I knew it, he was standing right in front of me. He smiled before sticking out his hand.

I grabbed it, only to notice his strength as his fingers wrapped around mine.

"Hi." he greeted.

"Hi." I managed to say, probably looking like a fool while staring into his deep brown-ish green eyes.

"I'm Zack."

"St- St- Starla." I choked out. The words didn't seem to want to leave my throat.

God, I'm an idiot

"You're a wicked bass player. Let's hang out after the show!" he grinned a toothy grin before walking away.

I pivoted on my chair to look at Jeneva who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh. My. God." she started, but I interjected before she could go any further.

"Jen?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"I think my heart just melted."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people. :)

Sorry it's been a long while.
Just wanted to update and keep the story fresh.
This chapter sucks ass, but hey. It's another chapter... Right?
Keep reading.
We love you allll.

-Emily. <3