Strangers

XO

She was sleeping in the guestroom. He was in the basement watching a movie, but his mind wasn’t in it. He was still focused on the sleeping girl upstairs, even though he tended to lean more towards guys. There was that nagging voice in the back of his head that reminded him that it wasn’t Patrick in his house, for once, that it was this seemingly innocent girl that he’d met a few times, signed her band, but really he knew nothing about her besides her name and what he got out of her lyrics.

He finally got up and wandered through the house till he was in front of the guest room. He knocked lightly on the door, knowing she wouldn’t respond, and he didn’t really want her to wake up because he knew that she had trouble sleeping and had only fallen asleep two hours ago.

He twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open a little, looking in the room before he pushed it open enough for him to slide into the room, then lightly closing the door again. He crawled into bed beside her, wrapping his inked arms around her small waist and inhaling her intoxicating scent. His eyes ran across her bare skin, examining the few tattoos, noticing small scars; he stopped when he saw the small bat behind her right ear. It wasn’t the biggest tattoo, and it certainly wasn’t the most interesting (when she had a zombie giraffe somewhere on her left forearm that had lyrics coming out of its mouth, and on her right shoulder there was a lizard with a spider on its stomach,) but it was his favorite.

“I’m hungry,” the dark haired girl mumbled. “Pete, can we get tacos?” Her hand moved from the pillow and covered his. Pete pressed his lips against the soft skin of her neck.

“Patrick is coming over later. He can pick up some food if you want,” he said lightly. He secretly loved that she didn’t question waking up beside him, loved that even though they were practically strangers, she didn’t complain once.