Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

Stars and Boulevards

I ran as fast as I could out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. I dropped my body in front of the toilet and puked. I flushed the toilet and pushed my hair back. I could feel sweat dripping down my face, but I couldn’t understand what had caused me to vomit. I washed my teeth, but as soon as I finished, I was bending down in front of the toilet again. I flushed it, and lay down against the cold tiled floor. What in the world was wrong with me?

--------------------------------------------

John POV

Band practice was way too long since we had been writing a couple of new songs for a new record. We were still having practice at Pat's since all the equipment was there. We would eventually move it to mine and Carter's garage back home. We had been living there for a bit over two weeks now, and we were as happy as ever. I was driving back home and dialed her number. After about six rings, it went straight to voicemail. This worried me. Carter always had her phone on her. I sped up a bit and parked in our home. I ran inside and called out her name.

"John?" I heard her grumble from the guest bathroom. I ran over and saw her lying down on the cold tile floor. She looked way too pale. I bent down next to her and helped her sit up. "What's wrong? Are you alright?" I asked worriedly. My hands shook as I held her small frame.

"I think I'm better now." She assured me.

"What happened?"

"I was getting dinner started and I got nauseous." She answered.

"You feel a bit warm. I think you have a fever." I noted, picking her up into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I walked to our bedroom and lay her down on the bed.

I fished the cabinets in the bathroom for the thermometer. After finding it, I rushed back to Carter and she popped her mouth open before I place it under her tongue. I stroke her hair as we waited for the thermometer to beep. A minute later, it read 102 degrees.

"You definitely have a fever." I said, stroking back her bangs from her sweat filled forehead.

"I don't understand. I felt perfectly fine." She told me.

"Do you want to take a shower to freshen up?" I asked.

"If you join me." She gave me a tired grin. I chuckled with a nod, picking her up again. I helped her take off her clothes, then mine, and into the shower.

I wrapped a warm towel around her body when we finished and one around myself. I helped her into bed and sat next to her, stroking her hair.

"I'm fine." She assured me with a smile. My phone rang and I reached over to the night table to get it.

"Is Carter okay?" Pat asked worriedly.

"Yeah, she just wasn't feeling well." I replied.

"What does she have?"

"I think it's a stomach virus. She was throwing up and now she has a fever." I lay my hand over Carter's warm forehead. She had managed to fall asleep in the few seconds of Pat and I talking.

"Keep us informed on how she feels." Pat said before we hung up.

I kissed Carter's forehead before slipping into the kitchen. I was starving. I made myself some Mac and Cheese before sitting in the living room and watching tv with my food.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't cook anything." Carter said as she plopped down on the couch next to me.

"It's understandable, babe. You're sick." I smiled, kissing her cheek.

"I feel perfectly fine now, though." She said.

"Want to watch some movies with me then?" I asked her.

"Do you even need to ask?" She grinned, standing up and skipping to the kitchen. I was confused. She had a fever thirty minutes ago and now she was perfectly fine.

I stood and looked through our movies. I grabbed The Hangover and popped it into the DVD player. I could smell the fresh scent of popcorn when I sat back on the couch again. Carter came back with a big bowl of popcorn, two cups with ice, and a bottle of soda. I helped her set it in the coffee table and she joined me in the couch.

My phone went off in the middle of the movie. I paused it and answered Garrett's call on speaker.

"Hey, man. How's Carter?" he asked.

"I'm as healthy as a race horse." She answered.

"That's great to hear. You had us worried." Garrett said. "What are you guys doing?"

"Watching some movies." I told him.

"Melli called. They're throwing a party at their place in an hour." Garrett said.

"I am so so happy that you and Melli are working out, but not even my friends call me to share this with me." Carter pouted.

"They called and you didn't answer, so I called John." Garrett chuckled.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot where I left my phone when I ran to the bathroom." She remembered, making me giggle.

"Are you guys in?" Garrett asked. I opened my mouth to say no just in case Carter would feel sick again, but she beat me to answer.

"Of course."

"I'll be at your place in ten." Garrett said before hanging up.

"Are you sure?" I asked, dropping my phone onto the couch.

"I feel fine, babe." She smiled, pressing her salty lips to mine.

"You taste like popcorn." I whispered against her lips. She giggled and increased the kiss, her tongue tangling with mine. She climbed over me and wrapped her legs around my waist. "If you want to go, we have to get ready." I said against her lips. She pouted and pulled me to the bedroom.

-----------------------------------------

Normal POV

“Are you and Garrett official or what?” I asked Melli once Garrett, John, and I arrived, and joined them in the backyard.

“I don’t know.” She blushed. “He hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend yet.”

“I’m going to have a conversation with that boy.” I sighed.

“Don’t mention anything about me, please.” Melli stated.

“I won’t,” I told her with a soft smile. “I just want you both to be happy and be on clear terms.”

“Thank you.” She smiled, hugging me.

“Why the sudden party, by the way?” John asked, joining us with a bottle of beer at hand.

“For a new beginning.” Vivi shrugged. John made a fart noise with his tongue, making me laugh. “Thanks for that, Mr. Asshole.” She rolled her eyes and punched his chest.

“Ow, I was just kidding.” John whined, holding the spot on his chest. He turned to me with a pout and said, “Your friends are violent.”

“You learn to live through it.” I shrugged with a chuckle, and pecked his pouting lips before he smiled and went back outside with the rest of the guys.

"So what is it that happened to you today, Carter?" Vivi asked.

"I wasn't feeling too good, but I'm fine now." I assure them. But suddenly I wasn't. My stomach churned and I bit my lip.

"Want a drink?" Kirky asked.

"I'll go get something." I smiled, excusing myself into the house. Once inside, I ran for the bathroom before dropping in front of the toilet and vomiting.

"I thought you said you were fine." Melli said, standing behind me as Vivi picked up my hair into a messy bun.

"I am fine. It's just something I ate." I told them, washing my mouth. I walked out of the bathroom with my friends, but it just made me dizzy. My friends grabbed me and took me to the extra bedroom. I lay on the soft bed, snuggling my face against the pillows.

“Carter, I think I know what you might have.” Vivi sighed.

“What’s that?” I asked, sitting up. She threw something at me, and I caught a rectangular box in my hands. I stared at it before I glanced up at my friends with wide eyes. “Seriously?”

“Try it.” Melli nodded. I slid out of the bed with a groan before walking into the bathroom. I sighed and ripped the box open.

There could be no way that this thing could work and prove what was wrong with me. Even if it did, what was going to happen? This would turn everything upside down. Not in a bad way as in rip John and I apart, but it would change things. I definitely didn’t want anything to change. I was happy with everything that was going on.

I did what I had to and sat on the sink for five minutes, waiting. Each passing second was painful. I was nervous enough, and my friends kept knocking for me to hurry up. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around myself, waiting. I washed my face with warm water and stared at my pale frame. I had small bags start to form under my eyes now. I sighed and checked my phone. Six minutes had passed. I held my breath and grabbed the small thing – also known as my future. I opened my eyes and I could feel them bulge out at what it read. It explained everything, but not what would happen from today on.

“Open the door, Carter.” Melli called, knocking once again. I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I placed my hand on the cold door knob, but there was also a smile there. It was a real one, since there was no need for me to fake a happy moment. I pulled the door open, and stood in front of my two best friends. They knew the second they caught my expression, and enveloped me in their arms.

“Is it….” Vivi trailed off. I gave her one nod, before letting my exhausted body fall onto the bed.

“I-I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ten starts?! Thank you all so much :D
What do you guys think will happen now? Will Carter being pregnant now be good or bad for her relationship with John?
I can't believe that I'm almost done with this story!!!