Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

Someone Like You

“It’s a boy.” Dr. Adams announced. I felt a shiver run down my spine and a smile appeared on mine and John’s. He gave my hand a soft squeeze as Dr. Adams cleaned up the lotion from my belly.

I was four months and two weeks into my pregnancy and it was finally our appointment to know the sex of the baby. We had been home for almost a month now and the guys were taking a break until this baby was popped out and until I was ready to go out on tour with them. They were taking the time to write a few new songs.

“Baby, we’re going to have a son.” I cheered and his arms wrapped around me as he chuckled.

“I’m so happy,” He smiled, kissing my head, before he turned to Dr. Adams. “I have a question,” he told her. She nodded, telling him to continue. “Is it safe to, uh, be sexually active? Are there any risks to hurt the baby?”

“Of course you can,” She chuckled. “He’s perfectly safe and I know your hormones should be pretty crazy right now, huh Carter?”

I blushed with a nod.

“You should be safe for now.” She added, before leaving us alone after marking me down for another appointment.

He took my hand as we walked back to his car and on the drive back to Melli’s and Vivi’s for lunch. No, Vivi was still not talking to either Kirky or Kennedy, and this worried me. I had tried talking to Kirky, but he ignored my calls and messages. The only one he talked to was Melli, and that was rarely. We didn’t know if he was coming back or leaving, and this worried me. I still couldn’t believe that he was angry with ME for not telling him. John had assured me many times that he would get over it and come back, but I wasn’t so sure anymore. Would he leave us like Singer did?

I was in such a daze that I didn’t realize when John parked in front of my best friends’ house. He waved his hand in front of my hand when he opened the door for me and that’s when I snapped back into reality. I assured him I was fine, just deep in thought. Garrett’s car was parked next to us and I chuckled.

Jared was working on the barbeque in the backyard as Pat and Garrett helped Melli with the buns, lettuce, and tomatoes. Vivi was in the backyard with Halvo and Austin trying to put up a tent to protect us from the intense rays of the sun.

“It’s a boy!!!!!” Pat squealed when I told him the news. He ran around the house screaming it. I sighed, and sat my tired body on the living room couch. I contemplated on ideas to solve the Kirky/Kennedy/Vivi issue, but I was too tired to think. I dozed off.

John woke me up about an hour later, telling me the burgers were ready. He helped me up and wrapped his arm around me as we walked to the backyard. Everyone yelled “Opa!” when John and I sat on the long table outside with everyone else. I don’t know why, but it had to do something with Halvo trying to be funny. It didn’t work.

“Have you thought about the Godmother and Godfather?” Austin asked.

“We have.” John nodded, taking a bite of his burger.

“It’ll be Garrett and Melli.” I added. They both choked on their food.

“WHAT?” They yelled at the same time.

“We trust you both enough and you’ll be great Godparents.” John shrugged.

Garrett swallowed his food,“Uh, thank you.”

“Does that mean Garrett’s going to be in the delivery room too?” Jared asked, a slight snort from a laugh.

“Exactly.” John laughed at Garrett’s face. His jaw dropped and food hanged from his tongue.

“You won’t be seeing anything.” I added with a roll of my eyes. He sighed and continued eating his burger.

I heard the doorbell ring when I went inside to work on cleaning the dishes before anyone could complain. I wiped my wet hands and opened the door. Kennedy stood there. He seemed relieved when he saw it was me. He tucked his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth on his heels.

“What’s up, Ken?” I asked, letting him in.

“I wanted to talk to Vivi.” He blushed.

“Who was at the door?” Vivi happened to ask, stepping out into the doorway. She stopped, noticing Kennedy and she frowned. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to talk to you. I’m sorry about what happened.” Kennedy apologized.

“Are you serious?” Vivi threw her arms in the air. “You ruined my relationship with Kirky.”

“Woah, Vivi, I’m sorry, but it takes two to tango,” I stepped forth. “It’s as much of your fault as it is Kennedy’s”

“Come on, Carter,” She rolled her eyes. “Don’t defend him.”

“I’m not defending anyone,” I argued. “I’m on the side of truth. You two need to realize why you’re really fighting.”

I wanted them to finally admit that they had feelings for each other, but they were too hard headed for that. Perfect match, eh?

“Get out,” She told Kennedy. “Please.”

Kennedy sighed, “I’m sorry”. He closed the door behind him, leaving me and Vivi staring at the brown wooden door.

I turned to her, “Can you stop running away?”

“I’m not running away!” She retorted.

“Yes, you are,” I said. “You have feelings for Kennedy, and you’re afraid of what that might cause with Kirky.”

Vivi opened her mouth to argue, but before she could, I felt a pain in my stomach. My gasp shut her up. And she grabbed my arm, worried that we would have to run to the hospital. I put my hand over my stomach and felt it again.

“Go get John!” I yelled when she sat me on the couch. “Go!”

She screamed out John’s name as she ran to the backyard. Next thing I knew, John came running with everyone on his trail.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, alarmed. I grabbed his hand and lay it on my stomach.

“Wait.” I whispered. We sat there for a minute quietly, staring into each other’s eyes. Then, it happened again and he gasped, looking down at my growing stomach.

“H-he kicked,” He stammered, a smiled growing. “He finally kicked.”

“I know.” I smiled, kissing his cheek. He turned his face and pressed his lips to mine.

John stayed there for a bit, waiting for him to kick a few more times, his smile growing wider each time. Austin was the next to feel Bryce kick, since he had begged back when we were on tour. Then, everyone had their turn. Garrett freaked out when he felt him kick and recoiled in the couch.

“There really is someone in there.” He shuddered.

“No, shit, Garrett.” Jared rolled his eyes.

“I’ve just been storing things in my stomach.” I added, with a chuckled. He pouted and we apologized for the jokes. Melli kissed him and he was back to smiling.

“I think he kicked to tell mommy to calm down.” Vivi noted when she felt him.

“I’m still mad at auntie Vivi, Bryce,” I rubbed my belly. “No matter how happy mommy is at the moment.”

“Come on, Carter,” Vivi sighed. “I need a bit more time.”

“I need a fill in on what happened.” Melli raised an eyebrow. So we told her about Kennedy trying to apologize and Vivi being too stubborn to forgive him. We left out the part about them having feelings for each other. Well, Vivi didn’t know Kennedy felt the same way about her and only Melli, John, and I knew Vivi what was really going on.

At eight, John and I headed home after stopping by his parents’ house to tell them the news. Shane sat on the couch next to me waiting for Bryce to kick again. He only kicked whenever Ross, John, or their parents tried to feel it. I felt bad for him as he pouted and sat back on the couch. I promised I would make sure he felt him next time. Right when we were leaving, Shane tried again, and Bryce decided to be nice and kick for uncle Shane. He cheered happily and jumped around the living room. John and I laughed the whole drive home.

John and I climbed into a warm shower after we had some “mommy/daddy” time because of my pregnant hormones. As we lay in bed, John trailed his fingers on my stomach. He left a few kisses around my belly as neck in the process. I couldn’t ask for anything better in my life.

Oh, yes I could. For my friends to end their stubbornness and admit their feelings for each other and for Kirky to come back. I did miss him.

I had a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but just a filler. Three chapters left. I'm so ready for the sequel. Things are going to get crazy!
If you haven't yet, SUBSCRIBE to the sequel.
Please leave me some comments. I would gladly appreciate them. I want to know what you guys think of everything that's going on and if I need to fix anything. Pretty please! :)
Thank you, all. I will be updating soon.