Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

Family Picnic

I felt so warm and comfortable in John's bed, snuggling against him. His bare, shaped, tattooed chest.

I opened my eyes. I was seriously sleeping with him. Well, not in THAT kind of way. I guess I was so tired last night that I didn't have the energy to feel awkward.

His arms were wrapped around me, pulling me close to him. He was still asleep. I smiled on how adorable he looked.

I thought about kissing him and see if that would wake him up, but he looked WAY too adorable to disturb. I stared at his tattoos for about 5 minutes until he finally stirred. I looked up to see him smiling down at me.

"Good morning." he whispered sleepily and stretched.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"What time is it?" he turned to see his clock on the night table. "8 in the morning." he turned back and wrapped his arm around me again. "How did you sleep?"

"Great." I smiled. He smiled back and pressed his lips against mine. "At what time do we have to be at the park for Kenny’s picnic?" I asked when we broke apart.

"In a hour." he answered.

"Shouldn’t we get ready?" I chuckled.

"5 more minutes." he groaned pulling me closer. I laughed. The sweet smell of his shaving cream was still on him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and dug my face under his chin.
After about a minute, he stretched again, kissed my head and picked me up into his arms, getting us both out of bed. He set me down chuckling. I started making his bed. He tried to protest, but I glared at him evilly and he backed off, laughing. I finished and he came out of the bathroom after brushing his teeth and washing his face. I went to his bathroom then and did the same.

When I finished, he entwined his fingers through mine and we walked to the kitchen where his parents were ready to leave for the picnic. His brother Shane was still in his room getting dressed. Ross wouldn’t be able to make it since he was stuck at work.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Good morning, sweetie." John's mom called brightly.

"Did you sleep okay?" John's dad smiled.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Thank you."

"Well, you both need to go get ready for the picnic." John's mom said.

"Okay, mom." John chuckled and we went back to his room.

I grabbed my bag and after John assuring me that it was okay for me to change in his bathroom while he changed in the closet, I closed the door and changed. I slid on a light blue sun dress and my white flats. The dress was strapless and showed off my curves. I brushed my hair a bit, but it was naturally straight so I didn't have a problem with it. I put on my deodorant and perfume and shoved everything back in my bag. I opened the door slowly, making sure John wasn't naked.

"You can come out." John chuckled. I stepped out of the bathroom and he was bending down on the other side of the bed tying his shoes.

He stood up and looked at me then. His jaw dropped and I blushed, thinking I was too overdressed. He was wearing a pair of black skinnies and a long sleeve plaid shirt, with black converse.

"I can change." I said.

"Why?" he chuckled as he walked to me. He grabbed my hand and twirled me like if we were dancing. "My mom's wearing a sun dress too, so don't worry. Besides," he smiled. "You look beautiful, Carter."

The way my name sounded from his lips sent a shiver down my spine. I blushed again and dug my face on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me, chuckling. He smelled of cologne now.

"Are you ready?" John's mom knocked on the door.

"Yeah, we're just picking up everything." John answered as we packed our things. We would leave everything here and after the picnic we would come shower, get our things and the bus would pick us up at Garrett’s house.

We helped John's mom carry a pot of potato salad and a tray of homemade brownies she had made. We loaded some beach chairs and a blanket into the car as well and I got in the back seat with John and his dad drove with his mom in the passenger seat.

Garrett called me then. I answered.

"Where are you guys?" he asked.

"We’re on our way." I answered. I checked the like. It was 10 minutes to 9.

"Okay, everyone's at the park already. We're just waiting for you guys." he said.

"Okay." I chuckled and we hung up after our goodbyes.

"Wow they don't even call me anymore." John chuckled as he stroke the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Check your phone." I chuckled. He did. It was off. He turned it on to have a missed call from Garrett.

"Never mind." he chuckled.

We made it to the park less than 10 minutes later. We got off the car and each one of us carried something as we walked to where everyone was. They had set up blankets in the grass and everyone had made something different to eat. We sat everything down and everyone greeted us. Everyone was there. Kenny with his parents and brother, Garrett with his parents and brother too, Pat, Tim and their parents, Jared and his parents, Max and his parents and everyone else.

I blushed when the guys gave me thumbs up on the dress. I turned away and helped the moms serve the food.

We sat on the blankets talking, laughing, and eating for a while. When we finished eating, Tim grabbed a soccer ball. All of the guys went off to play.

"Come on, Carter!" Pat called. I pointed out that I was wearing a dress. It wasn't short but still, you never know.

"She might get hit in the head if she plays." Tim chuckled and the guys tried to stifle their laughs. I eyed them evilly and stood, walking to the court.

"Are you sure you want to play?" Jared asked.

"Definitely." I nodded.

In the end, the teams were me, John, Garrett, Kenny, Shane and Kenny’s brother against Pat, Jared, Tim, Max, Ross, and Trey. We started off with the ball. Adrenaline kicked in when Tim and I battled for the ball. I confused him, making him think I was going to the left, but I ran to his right. Everyone else of his team tried to block as I passed the ball to Garrett. He passed it to John who then passed it back to me. And I made the goal. The parents' and my team cheered.

"How’s that?" I turned to Tim whose jaw had dropped. My team high fived me and John gave me a quick peck on the lips.

After a while of our team beating the other team, we got tired and went to sit in the blankets as we drank some cold water.

"I suggest we never judge Carter’s skills again." Max laughed.

"I agree." Tim nodded and ruffled my hair. I stuck my tongue out at him and everyone laughed.

It was time to leave, but not until my bad luck kicked in. Someone threw a football, which then hit my head. Kenny caught me before I fell.

"Ow!" I groaned, rubbing my head.

"Are you okay?" John asked his arms at my waist in case I would fall. Kenny kept a hold of me as well, just in case.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Who the hell did that?" Garrett asked angrily, looking around.

A group of jocks were hanging out with their superficial cheerleaders by the benches, laughing our way. One of the boys walked to us.

"Calm down Garrett." Jared whispered. Garrett grabbed the ball. I could see his knuckles turn white of how hard he was gripping it.

"Can I have my ball back?" the boy asked.

"Not until you apologize for purposely hitting her with the ball." Kenny answered.

"Hey, beautiful. Why don't you leave these losers and come hang with me?" the boy smiled. Garrett was about to charge at him, but everyone held him back.

I carefully stepped out of John's arms. I was too dizzy. I had my back to the jerk as I asked Garrett for the ball. Everyone looked at me confused. I winked. He handed me the ball and I turned to the guy.

"Alright, you're dumping these lose--" I didn't let him finish. With all the force I could gather I threw the ball straight against his face. He cried out, grabbing his face.

"The only losers here are you and your pack of jerks and sluts over there. Why don't you all go buy a real personality, you pig?" I rolled my eyes and turned away from him. The guys looked at me in amazement. "Let's get out of here." I smiled, shyly. We walked away as the jerks and sluts surrounded their leader. When we were out of their sight I stopped.

"That was awesome, Carter!" Garrett said.

"I know to never mess with you, now." Kenny chuckled.

"Thank you for standing up for us." Jared smiled. I smiled back.

"You don't look so good." John said his face full of worry. They were all spinning. Why were they doing that?

I felt myself sag before my name was called out by all of the guys, and then John caught me.

--------------------------------------------

Wow my head was killing me. There was a cold compress against my head. I opened my eyes. The guys were all surrounding the bed.

"Hey." John smiled as he twined his fingers through mines.

"Where are we?" I whispered. I was lying down in someone's comfortable bed.

"My room." Kenny smiled.

"What happened?" I asked, grabbing the cold pack from my head and sitting up.

"You passed out when we were leaving the park." Jared explained.

"We brought you here since it was closer." Pat added.

"What happened to that jerk?" I asked.

"Still in pain most likely." Garrett laughed.

"That was amazing." Max said.

"Me slamming a ball at a jerk's face and most likely breaking his nose is amazing?" I asked, grinning.

"That and the way you stood up for us." Tim said.

"It was unnecessary because Garrett would have kicked his ass, anyways, followed by all of us," John smiled.

"But still; thank you." Pat smiled. I smiled back at them.

"How's your head?" Garrett asked.

"It just hurts a bit now." I assured them.

"You don't feel dizzy anymore?" John asked. I shook my head and smiled.

"That must have been a pretty hard blow to make you pass out like that." Tim said.

"That asshole probably put all of his strength into it." Max added.

"Yeah, all that fake strength brought up by steroids of course." I said, disgusted. The guys chuckled.

"Here are the aspirins." Kenny’s dad said as he came in, noticing me awake. "How do you feel?" he smiled.

"Better. Thank you." I smiled back.

"Did any of your parents see my violent act back there?" I asked when Kenny’s dad left.

"No, don't worry." Jared chuckled.

"Do you feel good enough to stand?" Max asked. "We need to go to Garrett’s and wait for the bus."

"Yeah, I'm good." I answered.

"Take the aspirin for the pain first." John said, and I did. Then, he helped me stand. I put on my shoes and John and I left with his parents. We showered when we got to his house and I changed into a pair of skinnies, a t-shirt and my purple vans. John changed into skinnies, a tank top, and his converse. We grabbed all of our things and his parents dropped us off in Garrett’s house after many hugs for both of us.

We were all in Garrett’s house when the bus finally got there. We climbed in and we set out again. The guys turned on the TV and we were all watching, but after a while, we got bored so they started playing Xbox. I uploaded pictures I had taken of the guys in the park onto the fearless blog and wrote a small paragraph on how they were normal guys that enjoyed playing sports and having fun sigh family and friends. Then i wrote the blog on the guys’ second show and attached the pictures to it. I shut my computer off and watched the guys kill each other on the game as I listened to my IPod. Funny. Their song listen to your heart came on. I chuckled and grabbed my phone. I tweet; i listened to my heart. <33

Then, all of the guys' phones rung at the sometime with a new message. I laughed. They all read their phones.

"I listened to my heart?" Jared asked.

"I'm listening to your song." I answered.

"Is that tweet about me?" John asked. I smiled and nodded. He smiled and typed something on his phone.

Everyone's phone rang again when he finished. Including mine. John had replied to me saying: so did I :)

I smiled up at him and he kissed my forehead.

"I wonder how many followers you're going to have now." Kenny said.

"We'll check in about an hour." I chuckled.

We ended up watching a scary movie. Great. I was literally hiding against John through the whole movie. He would chuckle and whenever the scary times would end he would assure me I could look.

The movie ended and we were bored again. Jared grabbed his acoustic guitar and started playing something. I recognized it, but no one was actually singing. They were just humming. I kept my lips shut even though I wanted to sing along.

"Hey, I just remembered." Garrett said. "You were supposed to sing for us."

Damn it!

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I blushed.

"Come on." Jared said.

"Sing!" Kenny said. I shook my head.

"Please?" John pouted. How could I say no to that face?

"Fine." I sighed.

"What song do you want me to play?" Jared asked.

"The same one you were just playing." I smiled. He nodded and started playing.

I concentrated and started singing 'Don’t Stop Now'. I finished and everyone was staring at me in amazement.

"What's wrong?" I blushed.

"Bravo!" Garrett applaud.

"That was amazing!" Kenny joined in.

"Fabulous!" Jared added. Pat whistled as he clapped.

"You were great." John smiled and pressed his lips against mine.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"Is there anything you can't do?" Pat asked.

"Yeah. A lot of things." I said.

"And an example would be her being one day without something happening to her." Tim laughed.

"That's one." I chuckled.

"Today wasn't her fault though." Kenny said.

"Yeah, it was those idiots." Jared added.

"I hope I broke his nose. He deserves it for messing with you guys." I said.

"So you don't hate him for the fact that he hit you with a football but for the fact that he insulted us?" Garrett smiled.

"Of course." I smiled.

John kissed my hair. "Thank you."

“So why didn’t you want to sing for us?” Max asked and I know my expression turned serious.

“You see, since I was young, I would sing around the house and my dad loved it. My mom thought of it not to be a real career and always asked me to shut up.” I explained. “It just came to the point that I never wanted to sing again.”

“Wow, your mom seems…” Pat said, looking for a word.

“Nice.” Aaron finished for him and I chuckled.

“Right.” I said. “I haven’t really talked to her in almost 3 years.”

“3 years?” Garrett asked.

“Yeah, the second I turned 18, my dad and I packed out bags and left.” I said.

“I know you said you had a brother. What happened with him?” Tim asked. That hit the spot. I looked down at my knees and felt my eyes sting with tears.

“Look at what you did, Tim.” Pat said, as everyone surrounded me. John stroke my back softly.

“No, I’m okay.” I assured them, whipping my eyes and looking up at them. “My brother ran away after he stayed alone with my mom. I haven’t heard of him since the day me and my dad left.”

“It’s not your fault.” Kenny said.

“I know, but I should have stayed with him.” I said, burying my face on my hands. “I still remember his face when he watched me and my dad walk out of the door. He looked so scared, helpless, and alone.”

“I’m sure he’s okay.” Jared said.

“I’m sorry I brought it up.” Tim said.

“No, it’s okay. You guys are my friends and it’s normal for us to know about each other.” I assured them. My head had started hurting a bit more now. "How's your arm, Pat?" I asked, changing the subject.

"It was just a little bruise." he smiled. "Thank you for worrying."

"Of course I'm going to worry." I smiled back.

"We should be the ones worrying about your head." Kenny said.

"It's better now." I touched the place on my head where the ball had hit me. I could feel a tender bump. "It's just a little bump." I winced.

John grabbed my hand from my head and set it on my lap.

"Here's the cold pack." Aaron said as he handed it to John. John set the cold pack against the bump and I winced again.

"Sorry" he said. I assured him it was alright and smiled. After a while he moved the pack from my head

"I'm hungry." Jared said.

"Same here." Max said.

"We have leftovers from the picnic." I said. "Want me to get you guys some?"

"Don't worry, we'll get it." Tim said.

"Sit. I don't mind getting it for you." I answered, standing.

The guys sat around the table and I served them some of the leftover food. I settled them in front of each one and gave them each a cup of juice. They thanked me and I smiled. I grabbed a plate and ate a bit of potato salad. We finished and threw everything in the trash.

"Check your twitter." Pat said.

I grabbed my computer and checked my twitter. About 200 people more had started following me already.

"That was fast." Kenny said.

"I'm curious now." I said and typed tumblr.com on the address bar. Then, a bunch of blogs came on. I scrolled down until I found something that caught my eye. They had posted a picture of john's tweet and under it; they asked who it was for.

"Wow, they work fast." I said.

"Ignore them." John smiled, closing my lap top and pressed his lips against mine.

"I am." I chuckled in between kisses.

"Get a bunk!" Garrett shouted.

"Now that's the proper term here." Tim laughed.

"You guys are dorks." I chuckled.

We went to sleep at around 9 that night. That's how tired we were.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll try to put up chapter 4 tomorrow or the day after. I've only got 3 readers and no comments telling me if the story is good or not. I keep writing it because I like it but I'll probably delete it if no one likes it :(