Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

Back to the Start

John and I ran around the house getting everything ready. We had been doing so since eight in the morning. Everyone was coming over in an hour, and we weren't done setting up yet.

It was finally the day of the baby shower and I was seven months into my pregnancy and my belly was huge. I thankfully hadn't developed any stretch marks throughout time.

We had set up the backyard with a few tables and chairs for everyone around the pool. I finished settling the food in a table to the side and finished picking up. John tried to convince me into sitting down and letting him take care of everything, but I couldn't sit still. Melli and Vivi had helped us with most things, but they left home to get ready.
"Everything looks great, love." John assured me when he finished with the blue decorations we had purchased.

We showered together and got dressed before anyone arrived. The doorbell ran a few minutes after we finished. I took John's hand and rushed to answer the door. Garrett, Trey, and their parents stood there with bright smiles. They gave us tight hugs and followed us to the backyard. They left the two big presents they brought on the gift table before inspecting everything.

"It looks beautiful." Mrs. Nickelsen smiled. I thanked her with a hug.

"Are you nervous?" Garrett asked when his parents picked a table to sit in.

"Of course," I nodded. And I was. I hadn't felt any contractions yet, and I was afraid when I would be. "I've never been this scared."

"I'll be there every step of the way." John smiled, kissing my head before he went to answer the door.

"Who's going to be in the delivery room with you?" Garrett asked.

"My mom, John, Melli, and Vivi." I answered. He nodded and apologized when his mom called him over and he ran to his parents.

"Baby Momma!" I heard Austin's voice cheer before his arms enveloped around me.

"Hi, Gibbster!" I laughed as he stood back to look at me.

"Look at you. You're blowing up." He softly patted my belly.

"Thanks, Gibbs," I chuckled. "That's definitely what a girl wants to hear."

"Sorry!" He smiled and hugged me again.

John's parents and brother arrived right after Melli and Vivi showed up. The A Rocket to the Moon guys arrived with Loren, Lex, and the This Century boys. Oh, and I had made Singer fly down from Las Vegas for this special day. I had missed him too much. Surprisingly, it wasn't awkward between him, Melli, and Garrett. It was like the old days.

John kept trying to drag me away from each thing that I tried to fix. He assured me, along with everyone else, that everything was perfect and to have fun. I sighed and gave in.

"Time for some baby shower games!" Melli called out in the backyard as everyone gathered around. I didn't really know how baby showers worked since I had never attended one. This should be interesting.

"First we're going to have everyone guess how big Carter's tummy is and we'll announce the winner after lunch." Vivi added as Kennedy and Garrett passed around a small pieces of paper to everyone.

John walked me over to sit in the same table as his family and band (and their families. We were surrounded by 30 of the closest people we knew, and I was happy to have them all here.

Vivi and Melli had five wooden sticks and five toilet paper rolls at hand. John put up the music, and Wilco filled everyone's ears. They managed to have ten volunteers for the game. The pairs were:

Justin--- Halvo
Jared--- Tessa
Mr. O'Callaghan--- Mrs. O'Callaghan
Mr. Nickelsen--- Mrs. Nickelsen
Tim--- Rexx

The first row had the sticks, while the second the toilet papers. The game consisted of role-playing sex. The first row placed the stick in between their thighs and they had to try and stick the stick in the hole of the toilet paper, which was placed in the second row's thighs. Through this mission, they were all blindfolded. Whoever made the stick into the hole first, won. We didn't really have a prize. It was just to kill time and entertain everyone with laughs.

Justin somehow hit Halvo in the crotch, which made everyone laugh. I hurried over and helped him up from the floor. What did get a laugh out of everyone was Garrett's and John's parents trying to accomplish the goal. Jared and Tessa were nowhere near close. The winners were Tim and Rexx, which got even more of a laugh out of everyone. Pat had been crying and screeching with laughter from our table since the game had first begun. I knew I shouldn't have allowed him to drink soda.

John and I told everyone that they could go ahead and serve themselves of the food, and they did. We waited for everyone to have their food so we could go and grab our share. After John helped me with getting the food onto my plate, we sat on the table and everyone made conversations as Death Cab softly played in the background. I couldn't help but smile at the centerpieces of the tables. They were yellow baskets with blue and white flowers filling it up. From the stems of the flowers, pictures of me and John together were hung with thin string, along with the ultra sound pictures of Bryce. There were three of those. One was definitely for us to keep, the second was for John's parents, and we choose to give the winner of my belly measurements, the last basket.

When everyone finished eating, Vivi grabbed my arm and dragged me to the table where presents packed up. She sat me on a chair facing the crowd. I blushed when I noticed everyone staring at me. John chuckled, stood, and joined me. He kissed my head before Melli announced it was present opening time.

As I opened presents, John's parents were snapping pictures. I had received a car seat, diapers, toys, bottles, pacifiers, a feeding chair, small blankets, clothes, diapers, booties, baby shampoo and perfume, and diapers. Halvo's was the last present. There was a small note under the bow. It read, "Can I watch?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he winked. I ripped the gift-wrap and blushed. It was a breast pump to store Bryce's milk.

"Oh my god." I murmured as everyone laughed. I passed it on to Melli and gave Halvo a glare.

"Seriously, can I watch?" He asked. John made a sarcastic laugh and threw him the big ball of wrapping paper. It somehow managed to knock him off his chair.

I started standing, but Garrett's voice stopped me when he yelled, "I have one last present."

He walked over and handed me a small box. I smiled at him before opening the small box. I awed to what lay inside. It was a small pacifier with Bryce written on it. I stood and hugged Garrett.

"That's perfect, Gare." I told him.

"I-I saw it that day we were at the store and I knew it was the perfect gift for my god son." He blushed.

"We made a great choice for our son's god parents." John smiled, giving Garrett a brotherly hug.

After John and I cut the cake and served everyone, we stood and thanked everyone.

"I wanted to thank everyone here for welcoming me and my friends with open arms. It means the world to me," I said. I turned to John's parents, "thank you for welcoming me into the family." I turned to my friends, "and thank you for having this move for me. We've missed you so much Singer."

I took a deep breath, "Kirky's not here, but I understand how he's feeling. I'm glad Vivi and Kennedy finally worked things out, but I still miss Kirky."

Vivi sighed and Kennedy kissed her forehead.

"It's nice to see someone who actually misses me and doesn't go around kissing some other guy."

I spin around on my heels and my eyes widen. Everything slowed and quiet down. My ears rang and a headache formed in the back of my head. Of course things couldn't even go right in the baby shower.

"Kirky?" I mumbled, my mouth dry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh! Guys, that's it! This is the last chapter.
I reallyyyyy want to thank everyone that stood by this story. It means a lot and I'm glad that you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I apologize for any mistakes that you came towards while reading. I've been writing on my phone, I email it to myself, and skim through it as fast as I can so I can update as soon as possible.
Remember to SUBSCRIBE to the sequel. It's going to be pretty crazy. I should start updating that one pretty soon.
Again, thank you everyone! Please leave me some comments to why you enjoyed this story or just anything else you might want to drop by. :)