Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

Don't Be Worried

Two days had past now. It was now Saturday and we sat in the bus doing our own things. I was on my computer next to John who was taking a nap. He had picked up my legs so they were on top of his lap. We hadn't showered since the day of the picnic, but now we were staying the night in a hotel since we had a free day tomorrow. We would finally get to shower again.

I had to admit that I woke up not feeling too good. Ever since that day I got wet in the rain, I've been waking up feeling worst each morning. I didn't tell the guys of course. I had the urge to cough and my throat was burning, but I fought against it.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Garrett asked.

"You seem kind of pale lately." Jared added.

"I feel great." I smiled. They looked doubtful, but let it go.

John woke up when we arrived at the venue. We had to go right into soundcheck since the drive had been so long.

I hugged the guys when it was time for the show. I only took a few pictures of them though. I started to feel really hot and dizzy. I put my hand on my cheek. I couldn't feel a difference, but I knew I had a fever. I tapped on Tim's shoulder to get his attention.

"What’s wrong?" he asked.

"I'm going to head to the bus early today. I'm really tired." I lied.

"Do you want me to go with you?" he asked, noticing something wrong.

I shook my head and smiled. "Thanks."

I made my way back to the bus and grabbed a thermometer. I settled in the couch and took my temperature. It was 99.2 degrees. Not a fever but almost. I sighed and closed my eyes.

-----------------------------

John POV

We walked off the stage and expected to be greeted by warm hugs, but Carter wasn't around. Only Tim and Max were there, and I REALLY didn't want those hugs.

"Where’s Carter?" Pat asked.

"She went back to the bus early. She said she was really tired." Tim answered.

"She hasn't been looking so good." Jared said.

"I'm worried." Kenny added and we all agreed.

We wanted to hurry through the meet and greet and make sure Carter was okay, but the line was pretty long. We couldn't help but hurry the fans. I barely paid attention to what anyone said. I needed to get to Carter.

When we finally finished, we walked back to the bus and fans tried to mob us. We climbed in the bus fast. Carter was asleep on the couch. I guess she really was tired. I carefully sat her up and sat in the couch. I lay her down again with her head on my lap. I stroke her hair softly and smiled at her peaceful face. The guys settled and the bus started. We were staying in a hotel for the night since we had a free day tomorrow.

"Carter?" I said as I stroke her hair. "We’re getting to the hotel."

She yawned and opened her eyes. She sat up and snuggled against me. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her.

"We need to gather our things so we can stay in the hotel." I said.

Everyone packed small bags and we unloaded the bus when we finally parked in the hotel. It wasn't a five star hotel but it would do. It was a Hampton hotel. It would do for the night and tomorrow.

I walked to the desk with Jared, Tim, and Max, to check in, as Kenny, Garrett, Pat, and Carter stood waiting.

"John!" Garrett suddenly called alarmed.

------------------------------

Normal POV

Garrett, Pat, Kenny, and I waited as John, Tim, and Max checked in.

"Are you still tired?" Kenny asked. I nodded and smiled.

"They’ll be done fast." Garrett said.

"Yeah and then we can all finally sleep in a real bed and shower." pat added.

I chuckled at that. I started feeling really hot and dizzy again. Was my temperature going up? I blinked, but it didn't help clear the dizziness. I couldn't help it anymore. I had to tell them that I was sick. The guys had been talking on their own and Pat was the closest to me.

"P-Pat." I called, trying to take a step towards him. He was only two feet away from me, but I really needed someone's support. I couldn't hold myself up as they all glanced at me. I fell and Pat caught me.

"John!" I heard Garrett call out and then I heard running footsteps.

"Are you alright?" Kenny asked as Pat held me up. I shook my head. I felt too tired to talk.

"What happened?" John asked.

"John?" I whispered, opening my eyes to see him.

"What’s wrong?" he asked, reaching out for me. Pat carefully handed me to John.

"The rooms are ready. We should lay her down." Tim said as he came back with Max and the room keys. John picked me up into his arms and we went to our rooms. It was in the 5th floor and we stepped into the first room.

We had gotten two rooms that were connected to each other. Each rooms had two queen beds and the sleeping partners would be chosen later on. John carefully laid me down one of the beds. It felt so soft and comfortable. Someone lay their hand on my forehead.

"She has a fever." Kenny said. I guessed it was his hand.

"John." I whispered.

"What is it?" he asked, stroking my hair. She was so warm and she was already starting to sweat from the fever.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why are you apologizing for getting sick? It's not your fault." John answered as he whipped the sweat from my face. "Do you want to change into your pjs?"

I nodded and he helped me stand up. Garrett grabbed my bag as John helped me walk to the bathroom. He handed me the bag before I closed the bathroom door.

I washed my teeth and face. I looked in the mirror and my cheeks were sort of red from the fever. I took a quick warm shower and changed into my pjs. I shoved everything into my bag and stepped out of the bathroom. I left my bag in the closet and let myself fall back into the bed. John sat next to me and stroke my hair again.

"We’re going to get someone to check on you, okay?" John said as he stroke my cheek. I nodded and closed my eyes. I didn't fall asleep though.

I heard the guys moving around showering, changing, and checking up on me. While John left to shower, Garrett and Pat lay down in the bed next to me, watching TV. Garrett's hand would touch my forehead every once in a while. I opened my eyes to meet his blue ones.

"Hey!" he smiled and I forced my own smile.

"How do you feel?" pat asked.

"Just a little better." I answered and snuggled against Garrett. "You’re so warm."

"You’re the one that's warm. Too warm." he chuckled.

"I'm cold." I answered with a shiver. He rubbed his hand on my arm to warm me up.

"Just calm down." pat whispered. "The doctor should be about to get here."

"How is she doing?" I heard Kenny ask.

"K-Kenny." I shivered.

"I'm here." he answered, putting his hand on my forehead.

"Has her fever gone down?" Jared asked as he sat on the other bed.

"I don't think so." Kenny answered.

"W-water, p-please." I shivered again.

Pat was gone for 2 minutes. He came back with a cold glass of water. Garrett and Kenny sat me up on the bed as pat handed me the cup. The cold water helped my sore throat.

"Better?" pat asked. I smiled and thanked him. They tried to help me lay down again, but I didn't want to. "I can't fall asleep." I coughed and pat handed me the cup again.

"You okay?" Garrett asked, patting my back softly.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Don’t worry. I’m just a little sick."

"Of course we’re going to worry." Jared answered.

"Just relax." Kenny added.

John stepped out of the bathroom. He was wearing his long pajama pants and no shirt. His short hair was wet and clean.

"You couldn't sleep?" he asked as he sat by my legs. I shook my head.

"Her temperature still feels the same." Kenny informed him.

"It feels as if my body was hit by a truck." I said. My voice only came out as a whisper. They could hear me though.

"You’re going to be okay." John said.

"Where’s the damn doctor?" Garrett asked. Then, there was a knock on the door.

"Now that was freaky." pat said as he went to answer the door.

"Hello, did you call for a doctor?" the man asked.

"yes." pat answered as he let me doctor in.

"My name is Dr. Williams." the man introduced himself. He was a tall man with dark brown hair, glasses, and looked to be in his early 30s. "Which one is my patient?"

"It’s her," John said as the guys moved away to give the doctor his space. "She has a fever."

Dr. Williams sat next to me on the bed and settled his bag on his lap. He opened the bag and pulled out a few things. He first took my pressure and then my temperature.

"Your temperature is 105.1. Definitely a fever. I could tell you don't feel too well." he said as he put his hand on my forehead. "Your body's trying to sweat the fever off and your cheeks are pinkish. Take a deep breath."

I hadn't realized that my breathing was so harsh. I took a deep breath and calmed down.

He wrote down a few things on a small notepad. "Say 'ah'" he said. I opened my mouth and he turned on a small flashlight. "Your glands are red. Does your throat bother?" I nodded. "Headaches?" I nodded again. He wrote something more in the notepad.

"Do you have anything we can give her?" John asked.

"Not on me, but there's a pharmacy downstairs." Dr. Williams answered. He handed the guys the paper he had written on. "That’s the medicine she needs. She also needs to drink some orange juice and get lots of rest."

"That’s it?" pat asked as they sent off Tim and max to get the medicine and juice. The doctor nodded and Kenny led him out.

John helped me lay down under the covers. Tim and max made it back then. Jared served me a cup of orange juice and handed it to me after John helped me sit up. I smiled and thanked him. I finished the juice and Kenny handed me a small measuring cup with the liquid medicine inside. I wrinkled my nose.

"It’s cherry flavored." Garrett smiled.

"It’ll help you feel better." John said when I took the cup and eyed it. I pinched my nose and gulped it down. I shivered as Kenny took the small cup from my hands. John kissed my forehead.

"You guys shouldn't be around me," I said. "You’ll get sick too."

"As if we're going to stay away from you." Jared answered.

"But the shows." I said.

"If we get sick, a show can be replaced." pat answered.

"You can't be replaced." Kenny added.

"And we care way more about you." Garrett smiled. I smiled and looked at John.

"Do you need anything?" he asked. I shook my head and thanked them.

John was sleeping with me. Garrett and Kenny were sleeping together in the other bed as Tim, max, Jared, and pat, were sleeping in the other room. Garrett turned on the TV and we watched an old movie. I snuggled against John under the covers. He kept kissing my head and stroking my hair. My eyes started to close. I was really tired now. I didn't even know what time it was. I turned so I was facing John now. He smiled and kissed me. I smiled and snuggled closer to him. His arms wrapped around me and he hummed a song. My eyes closed, and I drifted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had writer's block all day today. I can't stand being home. Ugh
Well, I hope you enjoy.
I'm just not going to keep asking for comments and such.
<3