The Wonderful Yet Terrible Reality

Chapter Four

Everyone looked at me with grim faces. Even ryan who's normally the happiest of the 4. Then i heard the crashes and bangs coming from the room above. Alex's room.

"Chelsea, Alex wanted you here, but he didn't want to talk to you on the phone. He's in his room." Jack said as i started towards the stairs.

" 'Kay " I said completely confused. I went up the stairs two at a time anxious to see why Alex wanted me. When I got to his door, i realized it was ajar.

"Hello?" i said, through the crack, with no answer. I pushed open the door and was immediatley stopped in my tracks. There he was, getting a shirt out of the dresser on the opposite wall of the door. The way his muscles rippled under his skin as he pulled it over his head was intoxicating. Clearing my throat, i walked into the room.

"Hi." i whispered.

"Oh hey!" he said excitedly, walking across the room and enveloping me in his embrace.

"Um, what's going on?" i asked, reluctantly pulling out of his hug.

"I realized that i needed to forgive you. You were right. Accidents happen. Me of all people should know that." he said, kissing me square on the mouth. At first, i let him. Then i had to push him away, knowing it wasn't right.

"Alex, no."

"What, why?" he asked, slightly confused.

"I can't."

"It's because of HIM isn't it." he says, with major emphasis on the him.

"What? No."

"It is! I've known you long enough to know when your lying. You know what you want him so bad, go down stairs get him, and bring him up here! We'll all have a wonderful little chat!" he yelled, shoving me towards the door. Once he got me out he slammed the door in my face. I started to head downstairs like i was told to get the other him. On the way down, i heard loud crashes and started to cry. When i finally got to the living room, i looked around and crumpled to the floor in a sobbing heap.

"Oh my gosh, Chelsea, what's wrong?" Zack asked, rushing to my side, sliding me on his lap and hugging me.

"Alex- Alex wants to see us. Upstairs. He wants to talk about, uh, you know."

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to just talk." Zack said, getting up and heading upstairs into the mess we both knew was awaiting us behind the single closed door.