The Wonderful Yet Terrible Reality

Chapter Eight

When I woke up I was blinded by white flourescent lights, and there was an annoying beeping sound coming from my left. My mind immediately made the connection. Hospital. I felt my eyelids flutter, but didn't think I had control over it.

"Chelsea?" I heard someone whisper.

"Hmm." was all i could get out, still having no control over my speech.

"Oh my gosh, you're awake!" he, i knew it was a he, said in an excited whisper.

"Why am I in a hospital?" I asked, gaining control of myself.

"Don't worry about that right now baby. We can talk about it later." Alex said, taking my hand and reaching over my head to press a red button.

A few seconds a elderly nurse bustled in to my room, a look of concern on her face. It quickly switched to excitement when she saw I was awake.

"Oh you're awake! That's wonderful! How are you feeling? Is there any pain?" she asked.

"No, I feel fine."

"That's great. Now we're going to have to keep you a couple more hours to make sure all of your vitals are good. Okay? I'm going to go find your doctor and he'll be in to see you in a few." she said, as she left beaming.

I turned to Alex, a look of confusion on my face. I still didn't know why I was here.

"Alex, why am I here?"

"You honestly don't remember do you?"

"Just tell me!" I shouted, getting frustrated.

"Chelsea, you went a little too deep this time." he whispered.

"What? But...I'm still alive...so how..."

"They were able to fix it fast enough, and they had to do a blood transfusion. But, you're okay. So that's all that matters."

"Who...who found me?"

"...I did..." he said, his head hanging low.

"...oh..."

Just then the doctor walked into my room and began checking my vitals, my bandages, everything.

"Well Chelsea, that's not good what you did there." the doctor said, giving me a rather stern look.

"Yes sir." I replied, averting my eyes

"Here are your options. Either we keep you here and have you go through therapy with our therapists here. Or we let you leave and check back in with you in 2 months to see if you have gotten yourself help. Pick one."

"I'm not staying."

"Okay," he said, signing a paper,"We'll call you in about 2 months."

"Fine." I said, within the hour, I was out.

Alex drove me back to the house. When we got there, my driveway was full of cars. I really didn't care why, I just wanted to go to sleep, in my own bed. When I walked through the front door, I was immediately tackled by someone.

"I was so worried about you sweetie." Zack whispered in my ear.

"Then why weren't you there with me? Alex was. Why weren't you? Why weren't any of you?" I asked, making eye contact with everyone.

"Baby, they wouldn't let them all stay. Just, family." Alex said from behind me.

"You're not my family." I said confused.

"No, but I told them we were together."

"But, we're not together."

"I know, i just...i just couldn't leave you there alone. I"m sorry."

"Yeah I bet. And don't call me baby. And you. Don't call me sweetie. No more pet names okay? I'm just Chelsea to you two. Got it?"

They both just shook their heads, not making eye contact with me. With that I jogged upstairs to my room. Slamming the door behind me. I took everything off of me, my pants shirt, everything except my underwear and my bandages. I even took the time to take off my makeup from...however many days ago it was. I jumped in bed and went to sleep almost instantly, having a dreamless night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was pretty much a filler. I knew i needed to get chelsea help so i figured this is how. Sorry if it's boring.