Status: This story will come back...slowly but surely.

Carry Us Away

Colin "Scummy" Morrison and Nora Claire Blaine have been best friends since they were practically born. Neither them or anyone else thought there could be anything that would tear the two apart, they had never even been apart from one another for more than a week at time...that was until the drugs and partying became too much for Claire to handle. Watching her best friend, and part time lover, slowly kill himself was more than she could take. She tried getting him to see what he was doing to himself, how his actions were hurting not only him but her and his family. See sought out help for him in every way she could...so she thought. Finally having more than enough of his selfish way Claire left, cut off all connection between her and her one true friend.

Now, three years later, Claire still worries and thinks about if Colin ever got clean. She wonders if he ever cared about her leaving, how much she meant to him because he means the world to her...if he ever wonders about her. Best friends are people you can't live without, they fix you when you're broken then break those that hurt you in the first place. You're supposed to marry your best friend...not bury them.

Title Credit Social Distortion-Angel's Wings