Do It!

Middle

UNO

“I love him.” I confessed to Leana. She smiled and took my hands in hers.

“Really?” She asked.

I nodded. And she squealed. “This is so exciting! How long have you known?” She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and chuckled. “Oh ya know, summer vacation of my first year of College.” I said and her eyes widened.

“Bre, that was like, holy shit that was 7 years ago!” She exclaimed.

“I know.” I nodded solemnly. “And tonight Im gonna tell him. He’s been really distant lately, and I dunno. I just want to get it off my chest ya know?” I told her.

She nodded. “Its a perfect idea, tonights the big record party, it’ll be perfect. Not to mention how hot you look.” She stated and I looked down at my dress. She wasn’t lying. I looked hot.

“Then its perfect!” She stated, dragging me out of her and Jimmy’s room. They lived by themselves now and were due to get married in a few months. I was doing amazing with my clothing line and I managed Zack’s and Brian’s on the side, I didn’t even come close to worrying about money.

But I had been truthful. Zack and I hung out and we cuddled, but we hadn’t fooled around for a few weeks now. It was weird because we went from fucking around almost every day to every couple days to not at all.

I wanted to tell him, just to get it out. Then I’d see where to go from there. I rode with Jim and Leana to the party, it was a Record Release for their self titled album and we were running late. It was Jim’s fault of course, not ours. He was the one who couldn’t find his shoes. He had like 700 pairs of shoes, but he had to have this particular pair.

My brother, I tell ya.

We entered the club that had been rented out for the part and there were people everywhere. Johnny let out a loud yell and hugged me. “You look fuckin’ hot!” He exclaimed.

“Thanks!” I laughed, knowing he was smashed already.

“Wheres Zack?” I asked, scanning the club.

I looked back to him when he didn’t answer and his face had fallen. “Listen, I gotta tell you something-”

“Breanna! You look HOT!” Val squealed, throwing her arms around me and dragging me away from Johnny. I mouthed to him that we would talk later and he nodded and walked away.

“Thanks lady! Where are all the guys?” I asked.

“Upstairs! Lets go!” She laughed, dragging me towards V.I.P. The club was nice. The walls were lined in Satin but it didn’t look like a 70’s porn. It wasn’t tacky. It was nice.

I could tell Val was a little intoxicated by the way she was giggling and the way she was walking. In all honesty it was kinda funny. We got to the top of the stairs and I looked around. I saw the guys standing in a group to the left so I went to the bar, ordered a jack and coke and made my way over there.

I couldn’t see what they were surrounding so I put my arm through Brian’s and moved him a little. He looked down at me and his face fell before he looked back up. He put his arm around my shoulders and squeezed like a hug. “I love you.” He smiled softly.

I gave him a confused smile. “Love you too. You know that.” I shook my head and looked at what everyone else was looking at.

I immediately felt my heart drop. Zack was standing in front of everyone with a smile on his face and his arms around a very beautiful blonde. “And this is my girlfriend, Gena.” He finished proudly. I bit my lip and looked down, then everyone went quiet and I felt eyes on me. I looked up to see everyone but Gena looking at me. I met Zack’s sad eyes and put my best smile forward.

“Congratz.” I nodded and shrugged out of Brian’s hug, walking towards the stairs, wanting to get the hell away from him.

“I may of cheated on her, but Im willing to bet that hurt less than the shit you pulled.” I heard Brian say sternly.

I shook my head, knowing he was right as I made my way downstairs. I didn’t leave, no matter how much I wanted to. I told my brother I would be here for him, so I would stay a little while, then I planned on going home and crying myself to sleep.

I stayed posted on the same bar stool all night. I ordered drinks all night and stayed to myself, shooing away concerned friends as I told them to have a ball! It was their night, not mine, enjoy it!

~*~
DOS

By the time I made it home I was trashed. Not wasted, not slizzard, not sloshed or buzzed. I was trashed and upset. I left right after they announced it and I cheered for my friends. Then I bowed out gratefully and made my way home.

I stripped and threw on some random items of clothes and began cleaning, getting all the memories, all the trinkets, everything. I grabbed his sweatshirt, the one that smelled like him no matter how many times I wore it and threw it in a box, along with the teddy bear he had won me at a carnival, I grabbed the pictures, the cheesy mix tapes, everything. I threw it in a box I had laying around for packaging and put it next to the front door.

I sighed as I looked at it, then sat down on my couch. But that didnt last as I thought of all the memories of us, this whole fucking house had memories of us.

“Fuck!” I exclaimed. I ran up the steps and grabbed my mac book and my debit card, going back downstairs and to the kitchen. The wonders of the internet are a lovely thing as in seconds I was looking at apartments for sale in the big apple.

Time flies when you’re having fun. Isn’t that the saying? It only seemed like a few hours later when there was a knock on my door and the sun light streamed through the windows.

I sighed and sipped the bitter coffee I had brewed a half hour ago and slid off my barstool, making my way to the front door. I immediately regretted not checking to see who it was, because his regretful bright green eyes were a slam to the stomach. He looked like he hadn’t gotten any sleep either, which made me smirk on the inside.

“What do you want?” I asked him.

“I cant come in?” He asked, his voice thick. I immediately noticed the red rimming his eyes and the shadow on his cheek.

So Jim had gotten ahold of him? That made me physically smile.

“What do you want Zackary?” I asked a bit more forceful and he winced.

“I know I caught you off guard last night but I don’t want to ruin our friendship.” He said, taking a deep breath. I shook my head and stepped back, fighting the tears that should have came before hand.

“I cant do that Zack.” I told him. He took advantage of the space I created by stepping back and walked inside.

“Whats this?” He asked, kneeling down and looking at the contents of the box I threw together.

“You’re shit. You can take it and leave.” I told him, shutting the front door and walking back into the kitchen.

“What do you mean? Whats going on Breanna?” He said sternly, following me. He stopped when he saw my computer. “Why are you looking at apartments in New York?”

“I cant do this Zack, I cant be friends with you. For 7 years I have played the best friend, the lover, the confidant, but never the girlfriend. You know her for how long? A couple months? And she gets to be the girlfriend?” I snarled, throwing the coffee mug in the sink and feeling great as I heard it bust.

“Thats what this is about?” He asked softly.

I chuckled humorlessly and faced him again, leaning against the counter and crossed my arms and legs. “What do you think?”

“I think that its bullshit! You never showed any more interest in me than for a fuck buddy! You never told me you loved me or anything!” He shouted.

“Well, I love you! I love you so much it fucking hurts. I’ve loved you since I was 18. Since you spent the entire summer with me. Since you called me every day to see how I was, since I took car of you after that car accident, since you made me feel better after Brian cheated. Since everything Zack! I haven’t dated anyone for 7 years, holding out for you! But Im done. I cant be here anymore because it physically hurts.” I sobbed.

He was crying too, but he was silent.

“It hurts to know I wasted so much time on someone who will never feel the same.”
♠ ♠ ♠
UNO
DOS