Do It!

END!

UNO

“Hey ma, sorry I missed your call. Whats up?” I asked, hand in my pocket as I made my way through the cold streets of New York. It was my third year here, and I loved it. Not anywhere near as much as I loved Cali, but at least here I was able to make my own memories. Like Gabe for instance. He had been the one to get me to forget about Zack, to forget about all the shit those guys had put me through.

I had met him through a mutual friend, Vicky. She loved my store, yes I opened my own store here in New York and it was doing fabulously well! I was happy here, I just missed my family, and the guys. Even Zack.

“Honey I have some really bad news, and Im not sure how you’ll take it.” She told me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Mom, whats wrong?” I asked, stopping in my tracks, I had a bad feeling in my stomach that had been there since last night, and I had a feeling I was going to be finding out what it was all about.

“Baby, I don’t know how to tell you this, and Im so sorry.” She said, as I heard her start crying.

“Mom, you’re scaring me. What is it? Should I just call Jimmy and ask whats up?” I asked, which sent her into another fit. “Mom, Im gonna call Jim.” I told her.

“You-You cant.” She sobbed. “He’s-He’s dead.”

~*~
DOS

I sat staring into the ocean. Where we had scattered my brothers ashes earlier in the day. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down at my hands. Tears were continuously leaking from me. I had no freaking control over it either it seemed.

I sniffed and examined the rings on my fingers. The one Jimmy had given me when I graduated, to the promise ring Gabe had given me. How is it that things like this last forever, but the lives of those that gifted them don’t? How was it that I had talked to Jim hours before he died and he sounded just fine? How was it that my brother, my twin wouldn’t walk me down the aisle. Or terrorize my kids, or have his own for that matter? How was I supposed to go back to regular daily life with out my closest friend? Without the guy who knew everything about me?

I felt a presence next to me, and I smelled my brothers cologne. I looked up immediately and looked around. Of course I was alone, but I didn’t feel like I was.

“You’re here aren’t you, you bastard?” I asked, sniffing. It still smelled like him and the wind caressed my skin lightly. I shook my head and closed my eyes. “Jim, why’d you leave me? I cant do this alone! We came into this world together and we were supposed to leave like that too, remember?” I cried and the wind blew again, but this time harder.

“I miss you so much.” I said and pulled out my phone. I went to my messages and opened the one I had saved directly to my SD card.

”I just want you to know, I love you. You are the yin to my yang, the other piece of me, my better half, my best friend. Nothing could ever replace you to me. I don’t know how I would have gotten this far without you baby sis. You da bomb!”

He had sent this to me in the middle of the night the night he died. I hadn’t even heard my phone go off. I thought maybe if I did I could have called, seen if he was okay. Maybe someone would have gotten to him in time.

“Hey.” I heard a deep voice say beside me, as he plopped down in the sand.

I sniffed and wiped my eyes, locking my phone once again. “Hey.” I answered. This was the first time I had talked to him in three years.

“I know you well enough to know that all this, ‘If you need anything at all, give us a call.’ is getting to you so I wont say it. But my phone number hasn’t changed.” He said and I smiled lightly. The tears were still falling, just not as rapidly as before.

“Neither has mine. So you know.” I laughed lightly, making him chuckle.

“So Matt said you were getting married?” He asked, and I saw him wince from the corner of my eye.

I shrugged my shoulders. The story didn’t seem really important. “Possibly, but who knows.” I stated and he threw me a confused look. “We’re on a break right now while he tours. A hall pass type thing so he’s completely sure.”

“Thats completely retarded.” He stated bluntly.

“He didn’t ask for one, its more so for me.” I said. I realized what Zack was doing, and I realized how well it was working. He was distracting me, and it was effective as the tears stopped.

“Why?” He asked, genuinely confused.

I shrugged, I was getting really good at doing that lately. “I just wasn’t feeling it suddenly. When Brian and Jim came out to visit, I dunno. He just didn’t click. I couldn’t really picture us raising a family together, and isn’t that one of the main reasons to get married? To be together forever, to raise a family?”

“Thats true. Its the reason Gena left me. She couldn’t see us together forty years from now.” He told me, and I looked over at him. He looked sad, but not heartbroken. Isn’t that how you’re supposed to feel when someone that important leaves you? “Marriage is a big step, and you should be completely sure.” He met my eyes and I sucked in a breath at the emotions there. “Gena couldn’t love me when my heart belonged to someone else.” He confessed, standing. “And I cant blame her for that.”

I stood, speechless.

“So, wanna grab drinks tonight? Its what the big guy woulda wanted. Celebration for his retarded ass.” He smiled and I realized just how much Zack had grown up.

“Yeah. That would be great.” I said, and he took my hand, leading me back to everyone else.

Michelle seemed to know that Brian and I needed each other. He was after all, Jimmy’s best friend and my first love. She backed off, and even gave me a hug, saying to take all the time I needed. I had never been more grateful to anyone in my entire life. Especially when Brian came home with me after the memorial and just laid with me. We cried together, holding each other and it was just nice. But I wasn’t gonna lie, I had Zacky on the brain.

But I always had, didn’t I?

So when seven rolled around, I stood from Jimmy’s childhood bed and walked to my old room, changing out of the black attire I had donned. I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans and a cut off top and some tall black heels and I walked back to Jimmy’s childhood room.

My stomach burned seeing all the memories, all the pictures and everything. Brian was laying awake, staring at a picture on the night stand.

“I remember this.” He told me. His eyes were blood shot but he wasn’t crying anymore. I sat down next to him and saw the picture he was referring to. It was an old one, so old Brian and I were still together. He had his arms around me, and mine were around Jimmy. We all looked so happy. I looked ecstatic. I had Brian’s arms around me and my brother with me, what more could I have ever wanted?

But that was over 10 years ago. That part of my life was over.

“Lets go, the guys are meeting us at the Johnny’s.” I grabbed his hand and tugged him upwards.

“You’re moving back here then?” He asked, stretching.

I nodded. “Im needed here more than I am in New York, and I think its about time I open a store in my home town, not to mention its gonna be a shit ton easier managing your line.” Zack had fired me. He wanted to take a bigger hand in his company and didnt want an employee that lived across the country, thinking it might deter me from moving.

It obviously didn’t.

“You know, maybe its a good thing.” Brian stated walking closer.

“Oh?” I asked, a small smile on my face.

“I miss you like the dickens my dear.” He told me, and my smile grew.

“I fucking love you Bri.” I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. I felt his arms go around me as well as he squeezed me.

“You know I love Chele, but I cant help sometimes thinking I made a big mistake.” He mumbled.

I pulled back and looked into his pained brown eyes. “Don’t, you love Chele so much, and she feels the exact same. We were never like the two of you. Its just better this way.”



“That and you’re madly in love with Zack?” He questioned, with a smirk on his face.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, stepping out of his embrace. “Prick.” I stated, and walked away. I grinned when I heard him laughing at me, and when, for a minute, I heard Jim cackling along.

~*~
TRES

“Is this the last of it?” Matt groaned, making me giggle.

“No, this is though.” Zack grunted, setting down a box.

“Suck it up! Johnny is the smallest one out of all of you, and he’s complained the least.” I raised an eyebrow at the smirking green eyed man.

“Its cuz he’s looking to score.” Zack said and I scoffed, throwing a water bottle at him, which he caught easily.

“He might get lucky.” I told him, daring him to say something with my eyes.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, walking away, opening the bottle and taking a swig.

“Mommy! Mommy! Uncle Johnny said that theres a ghost in the house.” My little girl told me, looking up at me through her bright green eyes. I put a hand on her full head of dark hair and leaned down.

“Uncle Johnny is full of crap and I think you should go tell your father what he told you.” I suggested and she smirked evilly.

I smiled and watched her chase Zack down the stairs and outside.

No, Zack and I aren’t together, but yes she is in fact his daughter. That night at the bar? Yup. I got a bit too wasted, heartbroken from my brothers death I went home with Zack and with as wasted as he was, a little protection was foregone.

I watched as Zack scooped his three year old daughter into his arms and I couldn’t help but smile. He was so good with her, and if it weren’t for the fact that the only reason he wanted to marry me was because of her, I would be with him.

It upset me, because though he claimed to love me I couldn’t believe him. He had never told me that until I found out I was pregnant. Why then? Because he felt obligated.

“Anna?” I heard Zack’s voice call, and a squeal of laughter followed. I looked over the banister and at my lovely little family and I let a smile grace my face.

“Whats up?” I asked.

“You and me, dinner tonight. Matt and Val are taking Maddie.” He stated, giving me a look that dared me to say no. It was the same look I had shot at him 5 minutes ago.

“I have to unpack. And Matt and Val were taking her anyways.” I stated, smiling warmly at him.

“Early dinner, and I’ll help you unpack. I’ll crash on the couch if it gets too late. Pinky swear?” He called back, and continued playing with Maddie, she was currently squealing as he flipped her upside down.

“Fine. But hands to ourselves.” I smirked, seeing where his mind had started to go.

“Lets just DO IT!” He said in his ‘badass’ voice.

“All night and day baby!” I called back, smiling as Maddie squealed happily from something else he did.

“You’re gorgeous.” He smiled, kissing me softly on the corner of the mouth.

“Thanks. Maddie get settled in?” I asked him, stepping back and letting him enter the house. He walked straight to the kitchen and set the bags down on the island.

“Once Val put her bathing suit on she forgot I was there, and yes I made sure she had on sunscreen.” He smirked, looking at me as he put away the milk and stuff.

“Zee, I told you not to grocery shop. I said I could do it before I pick her up tomorrow.” I said softly, my heart melting at his cute gestures.

“Well, I did it for you. Quit complaining. Besides, I gotta make sure both my girls are nourished properly.” He finished up and threw away the bags. “You got everything?”

I set my bag down and walked over to him, pulling him in for a kiss. “Lets order in.” I told him, and grabbed his hand, pulling him with me to the living room.

“I swear, you get dirtier and dirtier.” He groaned, pulling my close to him.

“Oh, its me?” I giggled.

“Hell yeah.” He laughed. “You’re dress was still on and my pants weren’t even all the way off, and may I remind you of our location?” He laughed and looked around at the boxes.

“Oh my God, I have no curtains.” I buried my face in his shoulder as I turned red and we both laughed out loud.

“Maybe we could bring the ones you like so much from my place?” He stated lowly, and I looked up at him, seriously.

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“Well, your bed is so big, I would hate for you to get lonley.” He said, looking down at me. I got chills, as always from the sight of his snake bites, thinking only about how they felt against my skin.

“You think thats smart?” I wondered aloud.

Zack shrugged. “I love you, more than you could ever know. I want to get married and have ten more babies with you, but until the day comes that you want to make an honest man out of me, why not just DO IT?”

“Zack, are you sure you want to? Just because Maddie-,”



“Why cant you accept that this has nothing to do with Maddie? Sure I would love to be with her everyday instead of every other day, but the reason I want this is because I want to be with you. I want to love you, be the only man in your bed. I love you.” He grabbed his now discarded pants and pulled out his wallet. “I carry this with me everywhere.” He stated, pulling out the familiar diamond ring. “I want you to have it, its too heavy in my back pocket.” He laid back down and took my hand, placing the ring in it and closed my hands over it.

“That isn’t where it goes.” I told him, opening my hand once again for him.

“What?” He asked, throughly confused.

“I believe its supposed to go ON my left hand ON my ring finger.” I smiled as realization crossed his face.

“Seriously?” He asked, excitedly.

“Just DO IT!” I mocked him. “This has been in the making for 12 years now. I finally believe you, and I love you too. But Im not pushing 12 more kids out of my vagina. Sorry, you want more, you have them.” I giggled as he began placing kisses all over my body.

“Not even for a green Icee?” He grinned against my skin, biting softly.

I paused for a moment, but mostly to groan at the sensations he was reawakening in my body. “Mmhm, I’ll consider it.” I giggled and he growled playfully.

Our life was no where near perfect, we did everything ass backwards after all, but I still loved him more and more each day. It wasn’t always easy, nothing like love ever is. But we put in the time and effort.

And I’ll have you know by the way, he bought me a damned green Icee every day after that!

fin
♠ ♠ ♠
UNO
DOS
TRES

So admittedly this is longer than hell, but once I started writing I couldn't stop. I just had this idea and ran with it...Im not particularly happy with the ending, the whole story was choppy so I could fit it here...... but I hope you like it! :)