Status: Revamped. I've also decided to take a darker turn than I had intended for which people may disapprove (if I ever make it to the end). I actually haven't had anyone to bounce ideas so message me if you'd like to help. Subscribe/comment if you like it!

Shambles

Chapter 7

Sam really didn’t have the parenting to realize something was wrong with me. He was busy with work and a case and always assumed I could be responsible for myself. When I got home, he simply asked me how my day was and told me I had gotten a few calls from Janine. I couldn’t bring myself to call her.

Laura wasn’t exactly on the top of my list to call when I was in a crisis, and Holly was her little bird. I realized the little hovel I built for myself was away from everyone that had cared for me. I went into my room, closed the door and sat on my bed with my computer.

One new friend request

Curious, I opened my notifications and found Brian Sanders already had almost fifty mutual friends with me. I guess that’s what comes with football fame. It took seconds after I accepted for him to send me a message.

Brian Sanders:
You’re not dead!

I decided to humor him.

Angie Valentina
why would I be dead?

Brian Sanders
Jan called

I sat baffled, staring at the computer as he typed more of a response.

Brian Sanders
I don’t know what happened but I got a sense you weren’t talking to her…she said holly and laura hadn’t heard from your either. No one knew where you were. She told me not to swing by and ask you stepdad though.

Angie Valentina
thanks

It was the only thing I could manage to type out. I was grateful he didn’t swing by since it would draw attention to my absence, but I also didn’t have a clue as to why Janine would talk to him.

Brian Sanders
you need friends
Angie Valentina
well you’re rude
Brian Sanders
Just honest with my pals

I sat back. That was bold. What is up with that family?

Angie Valentina
you really don’t wanna be my friend.
Brian Sanders
why? Give me ONE good reason.
Angie Valentina
I was a whore this summer.
Brian Sanders
that’s not good
Even whores need friend.
Angie Valentina
gee thanks
Brian Sanders
No problem buddy.

I sat exasperated. I could see why people like him, but I wasn’t in the mood.

Angie Valentina
cya at school
Brian Sanders
NOOOOO
we haven’t talked…
Angie Valentina
maybe when we’re closer friends. gnight.

I turned off my computer. It was refreshing to have a semi-normal conversation after the entire day. I put my computer to the side and sat back, thinking about the day. I was seeing Ian tomorrow. Holy cow. My heart raced with the thought of his beautiful green eyes, of his touch on my skin, how electric everything felt.

I forced myself into my bed and went to sleep trembling.