Status: pretty active...mostly.

Lauren and Joanna

one.

Justin and I have been dating for a little over two years now. Somehow we've been able to keep the media out of it...mostly. We've had our ups and downs but in the end we are always stronger. Recently he's been on his summer tour so I haven't seen him in two months. But today I hop on a jet to fly to California so I can see him.

I excitedly pack my things. I look up at the picture of us on the wall smiling. Soon he'll be by me instead of her. Her? Oh yes. He's been on tour with the devil, better known as Miley Cyrus. I gag mentally before grabbing my things and heading to the car. Soon I'm up in the air. I put my earphones in, letting Justin's voice softly hum in my ear, causing me to doze off with a smile.

“Wake up,” someone says as they shake me. My eyes pop open hopefully only to close again totally disappointed. “Joanna!” Lauren continues to shake me. “You're not Justin!” I shout, causing her to sigh. “Nick, help me out here,” she groans. Nick, Justin, Lauren and I were all really close friends. Justin and I got together, now we were just waiting for Nick and Lauren to hook up.

I feel myself get lifted into the air. “Nick!” I whine making him laugh. “As long as you're carrying me, I'm sleeping,” I mutter turning up my music. “Joanna,” I hear Lauren faintly. “I JUST NEED SOMEBODY TO LOVE!!!” I burst out singing so I don't hear them.

My earbuds are suddenly yanked out of my ears. “Nick,” I growl. He laughs. “Sorry,” he mutters sarcastically. “WHOAH! Why you holding my woman bro?” My eyes pop open as his adorable laugh fills the air. “JUSTIN!!!!” I scream, jumping out of Nick's arms and running into my man's. I feel his arms wrap protectively around me as I bury my face into his neck. “You grew again,” I hear Nick comment. When I first met Justin he wasn't much shorter than me. Now he's maybe two inches taller. “Yeah, man. Soon I'll be as tall as you!” he says before kissing my forehead. I look up at him as he smiles down at me. “Nick, you're ruining their reunion!” Lauren laughs. I almost don't hear her as Justin and I stare into each others eyes with our foreheads touching. “Well, she ruined ours! She hugged me before you did!” Nick complains. “We're not together so what does it matter?” Lauren mutters.

“My babies!” Pattie sings walking over. She has always treated us as her own. “Mom!” I hear Lauren sing back. I try to pull away from Justin only to feel his embrace tightening, keeping me still. I bite my lower lip to hide my smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch as Justin and Joanna have their happy happy reunion. That was it right there. The image of the perfect couple. I want that. I want that with the boy standing next to me. We would be perfect together, but unfortunately the other half of the equation doesn't realize it. Sometimes I feel like Nick doesn't understand-or care- how I feel about him. But I still stand next to him, hoping he'll open his eyes and see who's been there the whole time.

I'm broken out of my gloominess by Pattie, my second mother. She's been my go-to girl (other than Joanna) when I just need to cry over various heartaches. I run over to her and squeeze her tightly. “I love your hair!” I exclaim. It's now darker and really suits her. Nick hugs her, and then rolls his eyes at Justanna. Yes, my pet name for them. “Okay! Time to get off the plane!” Nick says and claps his hands together. Finally Justin loosens his iron grip on Joanna and grabs her larger suitcase, and Joanna hugs Pattie also. Then they are back together again. I swear, they are attached at the hip when they're together. Nothing against them, but I'm jealous. When you get to know me, I'm a very possessive person, but I know when to back off. When Joanna told me that Justin asked her out, I was afraid I was going to lose my best friend to... my other best friend. Then I realized that it could never happen. It's just times like these when I feel little pangs.

As we walk through the private airport, I feel my phone vibrate with a text. Joanna. 'Wanna do something funny to the boys tonight?' We usually text each other when we are together with people. It's just us. I slide open my Intensity. 'Sure what do u have in mind?' 'A few things ;)' Oh lord. I randomly start singing the first few bars of That's Just the Way We Roll, and soon Joanna and I are skipping arm in arm down the terminal singing at the top of our lungs. That was us two years ago: crazy fangirls fantasizing about the seemingly impossible. Then all of our dreams came true.

I looked back and Nick and Justin were laughing. Joanna and I stood there until they caught up with us. “Bout time!” Joanna said, miming looking at her watch.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so here's how the story is formatted. the first part is written by my friend, and the last half by me(: comments= <3

Lauren(: