Status: Still working on It. But please tell me what you think.

Near, Far, Wherever You Are

Not A Dream


Not a Dream~Chapter One~
Titanic Fan-fiction
5th Officer Harold Lowe

I was sitting home, on my couch watching 'Titanic' for the fifty-billionth time. I was home alone, my parents went to Vegas for their anniversary; and my two siblings were with our Grandmother. I stayed home, because I had nothing better to do and I since I was 18, I was definitely trusted.

After the movie, the clock read one 'o' clock in the morning. So I decided to go to bed. After I brushed my Long, jet black, slightly curly hair, and washed my pale porcelain face; I crawled into a bed and fell asleep. I started to drift into a dream, but in the 'dream' I woke up in a room that was softly lit by a oil lamp. The bed I was in was a four poster canopy bed, the linens were soft, and the quilt was a thick, and woven with sleek silk. I pinched myself to make sure it was a dream, but I didn't wake up. It just hurt really badly.
My eyes shot open and I screamed. "Miss Dewitt Bukater are you all right?" A lady with curly, dark brown hair and sporting a maid's outfit, ran in.
"Yes, Trudy." 'How did I know her name?' "I....I uh... I just had a horrible dream."
"I'm sorry Miss, would you like me to do anything for you?" She asked as two other people ran into the room, and in another bed across the room a red headed woman sits up.
"What is going On!" The man nearly yelled. 'Cal Hockley?' I thought to myself.
"Miss Dewitt Bukater had a dream." Trudy said softly.
"Thank you Trudy, I could take a hint." He hissed.

"What's going on." The red headed woman yawned.
"You sister had a dream, Rose. Go back to sleep." She nodded her head and then laid back down. "Amanda, can you speak with your mother and I, in the Parlor?" Cal hissed.
" Yes, sir." I confusingly got out of the bed. And wrapped the nearest bathrobe I could find.
I walked out, of the room behind them. He then turns to me, "What the hell is with you?"
"I just had a nightmare, Cal. I'm sorry." I lied.
"We are boarding on the Titanic in two weeks." There suddenly was a lump in my throat, Titanic? "I don't want you to cause any trouble while we are on that ship, do you hear me?"
"Yes Sir." I gulped again. "Good night, mum. Cal." I headed back to the bed. And just laid there, thinking what I am doing in 1912.

~April 10, 1912 {Six A.M.}~

Suddenly I heard a faint clinking noise, then a bright ray of sun light, blinding my slumber. "Good morning, Misses, I hope you slept well." Trudy said.
"Good morning, Trudy." Rose said with a yawn. "Can you please get some breakfast."
"Yes, Miss."

The past two weeks since I fell into a different time. I finally started to get used to everything and making sure, the others didn't think I was loco. But for some reason, I had changed the way I talked, somewhat. And the 'Monroe' lip ring changed into a actually beauty mark. But during the two weeks I went on a shopping spree with Rose, I have gotten gorgeous gowns and accessories, that was made for the 'Turn of the century.' Also I have to be really proper since I've realized I am supposed to be a 'first class girl'

Moments later, Trudy came back into the room with to trays of food. Rose and I ate slowly as we looked out the window onto the port, where the Titanic sat, ready to leave for her Maiden voyage. I was excited on the outside, but deep, deep down I was scared witless. I knew exactly what was going to happen, and that scared me.

When I was finished with my breakfast, I called Trudy so she can dress me. I picked a blue dress/suit with white leather gloves and a white wide brim had. I could barely breath in the corset I was wearing. But I did look slimmer. Trudy pulled my hair in a bun, then pinned the hat atop my head. I walked down stairs, while pulling my gloves on and holding my matching parasol. Cal, and Ruth(Mother) was already waiting down stairs. Cal was ordering his man slave, Mr. Spicer Love-joy to pull all of our luggage in one car.
"There you are, dear. I hope you sister will hurry up. Or we will leave her behind." Ruth, retorted.
"Yes, Mother I understand." I said. I then heard footsteps coming from behind me, down the stairs. I turn to see Rose, decore in ALL black. Ruth gasped and Cal, well he had an angered look on his face.
"Rose, You need to change. It is bad luck!" Ruth glared.
"She knows. Come on!" Cal, nearly dragged her back up stairs to change.

When she came down stairs she was in a White dress/suit, with purple pinstripe. Her hat and gloves was also purple. "Much better." Her Mo--Our Mother smiled. But I knew behind that smile was hatred.

We left out side to get into the first car. Mr. Love-joy had opened the door for us. First in was Cal, then Ruth, then Rose, and last me. When I was getting ready to get into the car. I could tell Love-joy's eyes were intensely on me and I could hear him taking deep breaths through his nose. 'Was he smelling my perfume?' I thought in disgust.
He then shuts the door and climbs in the front of the car. 'Thank god!'
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Haha please tell me what you think. I have also changed the rating from R to PG13. there is brief language and minor sexual content, tragicness etc. let me know when you're finished with this if I should change it back :D Thank you!