Status: Still working on It. But please tell me what you think.

Near, Far, Wherever You Are

I Just Wish

Harold had left early the next morning to the shipyard so he can begin training the new sailors before they have to leave for a few weeks in June. I allowed my eyes to wander the living room looking at the dusty, disaster Harry calls a home. I walked into the kitchen, to the broom closet and began to search for the cleaning utilities I need to tackle this project.

Rosé hasn't left the guest room for two nights, and it's starting to worry me; I knew she was in a mourning state, but it still saddens me. I walked up the short stair case, down the hall to the guest room's door. "Rose, do you want to come help me with some cleaning? Or even go for a walk?" I asked, trying to get Rose to come out.

"No, I'm alright. Thank you for asking though." She mumbled through the door. Poor dear.

"Alright then, come down when you're ready and I'll make some tea for us." I said softly, before descending down the stairs, to start cleaning. I first started off by dusting the bookshelves and table tops off; followed by sweeping the house doing laundry and other needed household chores.

I was nearly done mowing the lawn when a nearby bush rustled, startling me. "Hello?" I asked, discontinuing to mow.

"Meow!"

"Oh! Come here." I kneeled down, patting my lap calling for the feline to emerge.
A black kitten with white paws, and nose stumbles our of the greenery, with wide, curious brown eyes. "Why hello there, where did you come from?" I scratched one finger behind its ear, while it closed its eyes and started to purr in happiness. "We'll aren't you the cutest little thing in the world!" Gushing over the kitten; I picked him up and carried him through the back door, into the kitchen and pour the kitten a saucer of milk. He lapped the milk up greedily with his short kitten tail twisting and wagging happily.
Sitting on the oak floors next to the black kitten, stroking his back as he ate; thinking about how great company he could be . Also he will be an amazing gift for Harold.
The cat burped in satisfactory as soon as he finished his meal. "Meow!" He looked up at me, as he stuck is tongue and licked the excess milk off his whiskers.

"Come on darling, lets go sit out in the garden and watch the sunset." I stood up and patted my thigh, the little feline followed me out to the small bench swing that sat on a cobble stone patio surrounded by roses and a wooden arbor, aged with white paint chipping, as Marigold vines sprouted and bloomed giving the perfect shade. Sitting on the swing with kitten in my lap, we both took in the cool may afternoon. The sun began to change in hues of golds and reds; Dragonflies and birds flitted across the yard.

Moments later the back door of the house open and out walks Rose, looking a bit sallow. "May I sit out here with you?" She asked. She was rubbing her left arm with her right and refused to look up.

"Yes of course you can!" I tapped my fingers to the spot next to me, she looks at the spot hesitantly then slowly makes her way over to sit next to me. Turning her head she smiled meekly before looking down at my lap, noticing that there is a black puffball curled up on my lap.

"What is this?" She asks softly, startled by her voice, the kitten raised his head up to look at Rose and let out a soft meow.

"He's a kitten, I found him there in the bushes." I pointed towards the shrubs that I found him in. "I figure I might as well adopt him and give him as a gift to Harold." I grinned at her while stroking the kitten's head.

"He's cute." The corners of her mouth turned up just barely, with an attempt to smile.
Pausing for a moment to read her eyes, they were filled with sorrow and remorse. Pain tracing the small specs of colors in her icy blue eyes.

"Rose, are you alright?" I asked, whilst placing my hand gently on her shoulder.

"Yes, of course, I'm fine." She stared at me.

"I don't believe you, Rose please, what is going through your mind." I begged, "Please."

Taking a deep sigh, "I just, wish Jack had not froze to death. I am always wondering what would or future would have been like if he hasn't died. I miss him so much."

" I am terribly sorry." I murmured.

"Sometimes I wish, I could have been the one who died." She turns to face the sunset.
I couldn't take it. With her talking about dying it was starting to piss me off. "Don't say that! Rose, you have so much to live for, Jack died my saving you. To give you a chance to out live your life. Please don't ever say that you want to die. You have so much to live for." I glared at her.

"I know, I'm sorry." She looked down. "So, why are you sitting out here?" Rose decides to change the subject after a silent pause.

"I'm only enjoying the sunset and the cool breeze. It's so beautiful out here." Closing my eyes, letting the air hit my face. It is extremely relaxing out here.

Rose and I began to talk about wedding plans and how the nursery will look. Both of us enjoying the coming of dusk; crickets began to sing their song, stars shown softly through the violet sky. Lights started to turn on in the house; signaling that Harold was home. Moments later the back door opened with Harry standing in the doorway.

"Amanda, Rose are you out here?" He called out.

"Yes love, we're in the garden." I said loud enough for him to hear. My fiancé walked through the lawn towards us. Simpering like the Cheshire Cat. Taking my hands in his an pulling me up onto my feet, planting his lips firm against mine. Taking in his sweet flavor of sea mist and tea; he tasted Devine.

"We'll Mr. Lowe, it's good too see you home." I giggled as we broke apart.

"As I am very glad to see you my dear." He kissed me again.
Clearing her throat softly, Rose attempted to tell us that she is still present. Blushing furiously, I apologized.

"So, my lovely ladies, out dear friend Charles Lightholler and his wife has invited is to a small get together tonight. Do you two want to go?" Harry informed us.

"I'd love to go, what about you Rose?" Turning to face my sister, hoping she will join us.

"I'm quite tired, I don't think so." She yawned.

"Are you sure. I mean I can stay with you." I said.

"No, go ahead and have some fun. I'll be fine on my own." She smiled.

"Positive?"

"Of course. I will see you later on tonight, have fun you two!" She said as we all headed inside.

Rose headed upstairs into her room, as Harold and I went into our room to change our clothes. Changing into a champagne colored, silk dress, with an empire waist, and crystal beads sewn across the front. Harold only changed out of his uniform shirts and into a fresh, white, button down shirt. He looked very handsome, in black dress pants, his dress shoes and shirt. So casual but also very desirable.

This is going to be a very exciting party. Harry enveloped me into a very pationate kiss, before she left out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a small filler. But it also slightly reflects on rose's feelings.

But I truly hope you comment and recomend! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. And the next chapter may even be the first chapter of 2013 for this story!