Status: Still working on It. But please tell me what you think.

Near, Far, Wherever You Are

Not the better half

ImageSoundtrack to Near, Far, Where Ever you are

On our way to the boat deck; Rose and I stop Mr. Andrews. "I saw the Iceberg, Mr. Andrews. And I see it in your eyes. Please tell us the truth."

"Please Mr. Andrews." I searched his eyes for answers.

"The ship will sink." His voice cracked.

"You certain?" Rose said.

"Oh my."

"Yes, In an hour or so...all this will be at the bottom of the Atlantic. Please tell only who you must, I don't want to be responsible for a panic. And get to a lifeboat quickly. Don't wait. You remember what I told you about the boats?"

"Yes, I understand. Thank you." Rose walks away.

"Amanda, you and Officer Lowe need to get on a lifeboat together. Live you life together. please." Mr. Andrews said.

"Thank you Mr. Andrews." I hugged him tightly.

"Please go, hurry!" He said, then walked up the grand staircase, telling people to get their lifebelts on, and to get on a boat.

"My brooch, I left my brooch. I must have it!" Mother said as soon as we got out onto the deck. Cal grabs ahold of her arm.

"Stay here, Ruth." He growls being presided.

I grabbed Rose by her jacket and pull her aside. "I must find Harry." I whispered to her.

"I know, I know."Rose looked to her feet.

"Rose listen to me, I saw Cal's man slave put the diamond in Jack's pocket. Jack did not do it."

"Really?" She looked uplifted.

"Yes." I said. "Come on."

"Lower away! Lower Away! Lower Away!" I heard coming from a boat. I look to see who it was, it was Mr. Ismay.

"Get out of the way you fool!" An Officer said. I couldn't see his face, but I was hoping it was Harry.

"Do you know who I am!?" Ismay bellowed.

"You're a passenger--" The Officer turned, to where I could see his face. It was Harry."--And I'm a ship's bloody officer. Now do what your told!" He turned away giving orders.

"Harry!" I screamed. He turned and saw me; I couldn't help myself, so I ran to him.

"Amanda! Come back here this instant!" Mother screamed. Harry wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh Harry, I love you!"

"Amanda, go to boat six, Lights is lowering it please." He kissed me. But then I was forcefully pulled by Cal.

"Harry!" I screamed.

"Come on you!" Cal muttered, as he dragged me to boat six.

"Come on, you heard the man, get into the boat sister." Molly said, helping a lady in.

"Will the life boat be seated according to class? I hope they're not to crowded." Mother chuckled.

Rose's face twisted in anger. I glared dagger at mother. "Oh, mother. Shut up!" Mother froze. "Don't you understand? The water is freezing and there aren't enough boats--"

"--Not enough by half. Half of the people on this ship is going to die." I interjected.

"Not the better half." Cal grinned cruelly, he was talking about Jack and Harry. As his eyes darted between the both of us. "That drawing will be worth allot more my morning." He muttered to Rose.

"You unimaginable bastard." Rose Grimaced.

"Fucking Asshole!" I screamed.

"Amanda! Such language! Yet, he is right. The first class should be the ones to live." It was my turn to be angry. I smacked the old woman across the face. I stood there as Molly practically handed Ruth to Lights. Lights gave me an approving nod, as he helped her in the boat.

"Rose, Amanda you next." Molly said. Rose took my hand and we stepped back.

"Goodbye mother." We said in an unison. Cal grabs her arm but she pushes him away, as we walk further, hearing mother calling our names. Cal finally catches up to us, with a good grip on our arms.

"Where are you going? To them? To be a whore to a fisherman and his pet gutter rat?""I'd rather be his whore then your wife?" Rose spat.

"I'm not ever going to marry anybody related to you, asshole!" He throws me of to the side and gets a good grip on Rose.

"Let go of me!" She screamed. "Let Go!"

"Fucker! Let go of my sister!" I balled up my fist and gave him a right hook to his jaw, then Rose hacks back and spits mucous filled saliva in his face.

She grabs my hand, and we run.
Cal is hot on our trail. "That man tried to take advantage of us in the crowd!" I scream at the gawking people. Appalled, two men grabbed Cal and restrained him

We run into the first class entrance down the corridors. Mr. Andrews was checking to see if people where there.

"Mr. Andrews! Thank god! Where would the master at arms take some one under arrest?!" Rose said.

"What? You have to get to a boat right away!" He turns his head to me.
"Please go find Officer Lowe. Hurry."

"No! I'll do this with or with out you help sir. But without it will take longer." Rose said in a forceful voice.

"Take the elevator to the very bottom, go left, down the crewman's passage, then make a right."

"Bottom, left , right. I have it." I said.

"Hurry you two!"

We get to the elevator, "Lifts are closed." The operator said.
Rose grabs the guy and shoves him back into the elevator. "I'm through with being polite, God damn it! I may never be polite in my life! Now take us down! E deck." I walked in the elevator, with my mouth agape.
Cold ass water fills the lift, Rose and I scream in shock. I yank open the doors, as the lift goes up.

"Left crew passage." Rose mutters to her self as I follow her down the deserted corridor. "Right." She says as we get to a cross corridor.

"Jack! Ja--ck!" We both screamed his name.

"In here Rose!" We heard coming from a door. Rose pushes the door open. In the room is Jack handcuffed to a pipe.

"Jack I'm so sorry!" She kissed him. I started to think more about Harry.

"That guy Lovejoy put it in my pocket." Jack said between kisses.

"I know, I know! Amanda told me." Jacks looks at me and smiles.
"
Thanks Amanda, got to him now! Rose found me, now go to him." Jack said.

"Are you sure?" He glared at me. "OK, OK I'll go." I ran out of the room, to a small stair case that leads up. I went up it, I was now on D-deck. Went down another corridor till I find another case. I kept doing the same till I was on B-deck. I walked down the corridor, out from another corridor came Lovejoy.

"Well, well, well, Miss Amanda." He grinned ferociously. "You know, I've always thought you were quite something." He corners me against the wall. "I'm sure you showed that sailor a good time, in his room, all alone." He knew! " I'm sure you shall show me a good time, while this ungrateful ship sinks." He lifts his hands up and pushes me hard against the wall. Pinning me with his palms trying to kiss me, his breath smelled like rotten feet and flesh. I wanted to vomit all over him.

"Get of me you, god damn asshole!" I tried to push him off, but he was putting on a tighter grip.

"Hey you! What are you doing?" Another familiar voice said. He pushed Lovejoy off me. "Are you OK ma--Amanda?" It was Jim. "You bastard!" He turned to Lovejoy and punched him in the face, making his nose bleed. "Come on!" Jimmy grabs my hand and pulls me away.

"Lovejoy? What happened to you? Never mind come on, We've got to find her." I knew that was Cal's voice. I kept walking with Jim until we got on the boat deck.

"Amanda, are you OK? I can't believe that man did that." He ranted on. Suddenly I heard about three gunshots, Jimmy's eyes widen.

"Harry." I heard him mutter.

"Jim? What about Harry?" I asked.

"He fired those. He must be on a boat." My heart dropped. "I know how Harry fires his gun. It's him and he must be threatening someone."

"Jimmy, I've got to get on a boat." I said, keeping the tears back.
"I know, let's find Will. He will get you on a boat." He said pulling me to a crowd that's standing near a boat.

"Give us a chance to live, you limey bastard!" An Irishman screamed. I see Will, he shoots his gun twice in the air. Then points it to the crowd.

"I'll shoot any man who tries to get past me!" Then I see Cal steps near Will.

"We had a deal, damn you!" Cal grimaced.

Will points his pistol at Cal. "Your money can't save you now, no more then it could save me! Get Back!" A man was pushed forward, then the Irishman, he shoots the first man, then the Irish man. His face turns pale. He turns to his men then salutes them.

I push through the crowd. "WILL!" I screamed. I run up to him, not thinking, I kiss him. Hoping that will change his mind. But he steps back.

"I'm sorry Amanda." He raises his gun to his head, and pulls the trigger. Blood splattered on my face. I watched in shock, as his body bobbed up and down, with blood and dollar bills seeping from him. Tears fell from my cheeks. As I pick up the gun, and held on to it. Jim wraps his arm around me trying to comfort me.

"I'm so sorry Amanda." He pulls me away towards the stern of the boat.

"Jim, It's my fault he did that!" I cried as we walked past panicking passengers.