Status: Still working on It. But please tell me what you think.

Near, Far, Wherever You Are

Angels sing a whiskey lullaby


It has been about three days since the Titanic sank. Harry and I had to stay in different rooms, since it would be entirely improper. So I stayed with Rose, during the nights.
We were now getting ready to enter New York's harbor. And to top it off, it was raining. Harry, Rose, and I huddled together, looking up to the brightly lit Statue of Liberty.

"Can I get your names?" A Carpathian Officer asked.

"5th Officer Harold Lowe." Harry said first.

"You, love?" He looks at Rose.

"Dawson, Rose Dawson." She looks up to the Statue.

"And you?"

"Amanda Lowe." I said in a soft tone.

"Thank you." The Officer walked off.

"I love you." Harry kissed me tenderly, as the rain danced across our faces. I break the kiss, and smile.

"I love you too." I smiled then looked at Rose. "What's that?" She stuffed something in her pocket.

"It's....It's..." She pulled out the necklace that Jack was accused of stealing.

"I know that necklace! Isn't that Cal's?" I said, while stuffing it back into her pocket.

"He was supposed to give it to me, during our engagement party. But now, it's only a memory of Jack." She said, in a low tone of voice.

"We docked." Harry said. "But they are going to have the first class people off first." He rolled his tired brown eyes.

"Okay, we can wait." I scowled.

It's been a half and hour, until they started getting the other classes off. As soon as my feet touched dry land, I stumbled a few times.

"Harry! Amanda!" We all heard a male voice coming from behind us.

"Wait for us!" We turned and see Lights and James running towards us.
"James! Charles!" Harry smirked, he hugged the two men.

"Harry, there is going to be some sort of investigation." Lights said,

"They are going to question all of the surviving Officers and some of the other survivors."

"Who? When? and where? Lights I need to know these things." Harry said in a stern voice.

"It's on April 19th, at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel, here in New York. It's the Committee of Commerce. And they mainly want us to go." Lights looked at Harry and James.

"I guess we are going to be staying here longer then we planned." Harry looked at me and Rose.

"But Boxhall and Pitman will be meeting us at the hearing tomorrow." Jimmy said, clasping his hat in his hands.

"OH! Caledon!" We heard a woman's shrill voice, coming from behind us. I turn my head to see Cal, Ruth, and there were other people.

"Hello mother, father." He looks to the younger looking male, "David."
"Cal, where is my Fiancé? And Rose, where is she?" The man glared.

"They both perished on that ship. Good riddance."

"Cal! That is no way to speak of the dead." His mother gasped. All five of us watched from a distance. Rose and I covered our hair and faces.

"Did you know your Fiancé had an affair with an Officer?" He spat. I could feel Harry's muscles tense.

"She did?" David growled.

"Yes, and the Officer is standing right there." Cal snarled, while pointing at Harry.

"Oh really? Hey you!" Harry points to himself, as David storms up. "Yes you! Do you like sleeping with another man's fiancé?" He got up in Harry's face.

"I'm sorry sir, but I have no clue on what you are talking about." Harry said in a very calm voice.

"Of course you do Mr. Lowe! You and Amanda had and affair, she stayed in your cabin for eight hours." Cal retorted.

"Amanda and I were engaged long before you Mr. Hockley. But as my love has been claimed by the sea, you have nothing upon her." Harry looked at David.

"Just you wait Mr. Lowe, you will regret the day you crossed the line with the Hockleys." Cal scowled as his father pulled the two boys away.

"You boys always have to make a scene in public." His mother wailed, as Ruth and the Hockleys got into a car.

"Harry, are you OK, love?" I placed my hand onto his bicep. His muscled were tense, then they released.

"Yes, I'm fine. Let's go find a hotel." He said, then dragged me along with him.

That night

"Harry are you positive you're alright?" I asked as I got into bed. Harry was taking off his shirt.

"Amanda, I keep thinking on what if I never met you. You would have been married to him." He scowled as he throws all of our dirty clothes into the hamper for the house keeper to clean.

"No, Harry. I would have been dead." I said. "I would either die on the Titanic, or having to marry a social pariah. But I met you, the man I truly love." I leaned my head against his bare chest.

"You know, you and Rose have to stay here, while the boys and I go to that hearing." He mumbled.

"Yes, I know."

"And then after all these trials here in America, We'll go to England, and do those trials, then We'll go home, get married and live happy." He kissed my forehead.

"I know, and I'm nervous. I don't know what's going to happen. like what about Rose, what's going to happen to her?"

"Don't worry love, we'll figure it out. After all of this is over. Now, lets try to go to sleep." He kissed me and then fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soooo sorry this has taken me for so long. I have been so busy. But now, since school is almost over, I may be able to post more often. But PLEEEEEEEZE tell me what you think!!!!