Status: In progress... kind of.

Coloring My Senses

Chapter 1

-

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest said and I smiled. Noelle and Alex were really good together, from what I could tell.

Noelle had never been one to bring her boyfriends home. She didn't want her friends to get attached just in case she ended up breaking up with the guy. She was odd like that.

My sister, Lydia, our friend Blake and I had only met Alex a total of four times but Noelle had been dating him for over two years.

She had met him randomly in Seattle after the band's van had almost hit her. The only reason she was in Seattle was to break up with her former boyfriend. They didn't date outright, they exchanged numbers and Alex slowly worked up the courage to ask her out. It was hard for them to stay together because of tour so they broke up shortly after. Add in a jealous Noelle, a jealous Alex and a pregnancy scare and one and a half months later they were back together.

From there, they stayed together and that's why I'm at their wedding today. Lydia was the Maid of Honor. I still remember when Noelle asked Blake and I if we were okay with that.

*Flashback*

"Are you two all right with Lydia being my Maid of Honor?" Noelle asked us as we sat, tasting wine. Lydia couldn't come because she was too young.

Blake and I exchanged surprised glances. "Uhm... sure. Why?" I asked.

"Alex's Best Man is his best friend, Jack and I think Dia and him would be a good couple!" Noelle said excitedly.

"You know she hates when you set her up with guys but go ahead," Blakr drawled and I laughed. It was true, Elle loved to set Lydia up with the most random guys. In the past two years,
she's gone on dates with Travis Clark, Stephen Gomez, Jersey Moriarty and Martin Johnson. After Noelle started touring with All Time Low, she met a lot of other band guys and chose Lydia as her target.

My poor sister.

"I have great confidence in Jack and Lydia," Noelle smiled devilishly. I'd normally be worried for my sister but she was old enough to take care of herself.

*End of Flashback*

I didn't really care, Blake was a little put off but she ended up being fine with it. In the end, I think it was a good idea to make Lydia Maid of Honor because I noticed Jack making eyes at her. She was trying her best to ignore it, but I knew better.

Everyone started clapping as Noelle and Alex ran down the aisle. Luckily, Noelle had convinced Alex to take his beanie off. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with sex.

--

Here it was. The absolutely horrifying, dreadful part of the wedding. The reception. The one event where you are forced to mingle with people you don't know, deal with old people (I love my grandparents but I can't stand a lot of time with old people) and dance all. the. fucking. time.

Already, I've had three teenage boys ask me to dance. I politely refused but decided that who ever came up next, I'd chop their balls off.

I felt a tap and grabbed the knife next to me.

"Please don't stab me. I've been watching you eye that knife since the second kid," a deep voice said from behind me.

"But I swore I'd chop the balls off the next guy who came up to me. Sooo... sorry, man."

"You don't want to dance with me?" He asked. I turned and the guy smiled and I noticed his dimples. Didn't dimples mean your parents had sex when you were in the womb?

I looked up at him, cocked my head to the side and then nodded. "Fine." I mock sighed and he held out his hand. It was warm and large and my small hand fit in it perfectly. Katrina! You just met him. Stop it!

We started dancing in the middle of floor and didn't talk. Then he spoke.

"I'm Zack Merrick, by the way. What's your name?"

"Katrina Hastings."

"You're Lydia's sister! Jack has been talking about her nonstop."

"Like he wants to get in her pants?" I asked and raised my eyebrows.

"Uhh..."

Confirmed.

"Anywaaaay... what the hell is up with this music? It sucks." Zack laughed.

"It's for me."

"Huh?"

"The music /sucks/ because of me."

"Why?" He asked, confused.

"I have a condition. When I hear sounds, I see colors. It's called synesthesia."

"Oh... well if it makes you feel any better, I'm colorblind..."

"We have something in common! We both have defects with our eyes. We might be great friends, Zack Merrick, we might be."

Hmm... I guess I could tell you a bit about myself. The name is Katrina. Katrina Hastings to be more specific. I'm 21-years-old and this is my own personal life story, starting from the wedding day on. Don't be surprised to see band guys, cursing, sex, rock & roll, sleep, food, nakedness, randomness and everything else that has to do with All Time Low. Because this is the story. In my point of view. Containing large amounts of the one, the only, Zachary Steven Merrick.

--

"We have something to say!" Noelle tapped her spoon on her wine glass and everyone quieted. The Best Man and Maid of Honor speeches had just finished and I guess Noelle and Alex had something to tell all of us.

"Five bucks she's pregnant." Rian commented.

"10 bucks they're telling us they're honeymoon destination and it's going to be the red light district in Berlin," Jack randomly said and we all stared at him.

"Where the hell do you come up with that stuff? You are so fucked up in the head..." I laughed.

"It's typical Alex though. He likes anything to do with sex."

"Jack. It's their honeymoon, not a sexcapade." Blake rolled her eyes.

"It will totally turn into a sexcapade." Jack stared at Blake and she scrunched her nose.

"-we want to take all of our best friends to Barcelona for our honeymoon!" Noelle smiled happily and looked at the six of us.

"WHAT?!" Jack shouted. "My dream come true!"

Blake and I exchanged looks. Only Noelle and Alex...

"Holy shit," Lydia breathed.

I had to say, it was generous and amazing but where did they get the idea that eight people should be going to Spain together?

Sure, the guys were nice, but all four of them together for two full weeks? No, thanks. I was already starting to get a headache from all the colors I was seeing, and I wasn't sure whose I liked best, all of the colors were nice.

"So I heard you see colors when you hear stuff. That's weird." Jack looked at me.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically, directing it towards Jack and Zack.

"Well, it's cool too." Jack smiled and I noticed Noelle and Alex had walked over. "What color is my voice?!"

"Hot pink..."

The area got quiet all of a sudden and then Zack started laughing as Jack looked at me slightly mortified.

"I... I... what?"

"What's mine?" Alex asked.

"The same," I grinned as Alex and Jack stared at me.

"How do we know she's not lying?" Jack asked suspiciously. I hated when people said that. I grabbed the knife next to me but I felt Zack's warm hand cover mine.

"What color is my voice?" He asked quietly.

"Cherry red." I half-smiled. I liked his best because it was the same color as mine.

"That's nice," Zack smiled and Rian asked his color.

"Green, it's a great color."

"What kind of music do you listen to then? Can you listen to us?" Jack questioned and I shook my head.

"I only listen to soft songs. A lot of Paramore, The Beatles, Motion City Soundtrack and Oasis. I've never been to a concert because I'm pretty sure I'd pass out." I shrugged.

"Never been to a concert?!" Rian questioned and I nodded. "Wow..."

"If I listen to screamo, I pass out." Not that I minded, screamo scared me. "The only song by A Day To Remember I can listen to is If It Means A Lot To You. I love that song..."

"I am so sick of getting emailed newsletters from Victory Records!" Alex exclaimed suddenly.

I laughed, these guys were funny, I just wasn't entirely sure I'd be able to last two weeks in a foreign country with them.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
I is done with chapter one. Uhm... yay or nay? Please tell me! -jos.