Status: In progress... kind of.

Coloring My Senses

Chapter 2

-

Blake, Rian, Lydia, Jack, Zack and I were lounging around Noelle and Alex's house, waiting for them to explain fully this whole trip.

"Friends, where art thou?" Noelle called from the kitchen and Lydia and I exchanged a look. The six of us walked to the kitchen. There were only four seats so Blake, Rian and Zack sat down and Lydia ended up on Jack's lap (something I was not too keen on). So I got to stand. I guess chivalry really is dead.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at Noelle and Alex with one eyebrow raised.

"Explain." I demanded and they looked at me.

"We decided that it would be a fun experience to go on our honeymoon with our best friends!" Noelle smiled and I groaned just a bit.

I loved traveling, but Noelle was a little anal when it came to traveling.

"And this is a good idea because?" Blake asked.

"Because we wanted to be nice!" Alex exclaimed.

"We don't know each other!" I said. "Well, I mean, Lydia seems to be doing okay."

Lydia blushed but she didn't move from Jack's lap.

"But you guys will get to know each other!"

"Jack could be a fucking pedophile for all we know." I threw my hands up and laughed.

"Hey!" Jack pouted.

"Kat, he's not a pedophile." Lydia admonished.

"Lydia. Are you really going to go there? You've known him for what... five hours?" I rolled my eyes.

I noticed that Rian and Zack had been quiet this whole time.

Blake spoke up then, "Look, it's a nice gesture, it's just not what we were expecting. I'm sure it will be fun." Blake smiled and so did Noelle and Alex.

I huffed and sat down on the ground. The constant color in my eyes was getting really annoying and I wanted to get away from everyone. I'd rather see Zack's cherry red than Alex and Jack's constant pink. Rian's green was nice to look at, Lydia's bright orange was overwhelming at times and Blake's purple was nice. Noelle's subtle yellow was gorgeous.

I put my head down on my arms and closed my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Zack whispered.

I nodded slightly but didn't look up.

"Everyone's looking at you. They want to know if you're going or not."

I sighed. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go.

"If anything, I'd like for you to go..." he whispered and my eyes shot open. What?

I lifted my head from my arms and looked at Noelle and Alex and then looked at Zack.

"Okay."

"Yes?" Noelle asked excitedly.

"Yes."

"YAY!" Noelle shouted and she fell to the ground to hug me. "Thank you. You won't regret this."

I wish I could believe her.

--

I was sprawled across my bed in the apartment I shared with Lydia when Zack and Jack walked in. I didn't realize they had come in until Zack cleared his throat and then noticed I was in an awkward position. I shut my eyes.

"Nice room," Jack commented as he walked over the threshold.

"Jack? Is that you?" Lydia called from her room and I could hear her walk to my room. I cracked my eyes open just a bit and Zack was sitting on my bed, looking at the pictures next to my bed. How badly I wanted to sit up and wrap my arms around him. No, Katrina. That would be wrong on so many levels.

"Who's this?" He asked quietly and I sat up slightly. I smiled when I saw the woman in the photo.

"Mom."

"She's pretty."

"Thanks."

"She live around here?"

"Nah, she's in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. Our hometown, where the rest of our family is."

"Why aren't you there then?" He asked and I sat up more and noticed that Jack and Lydia were gone. If he tried violating my sister, his family jewels would be gone.

I shrugged. "I moved up here first, about three years ago and that's when I met Noelle and Blake and then when Lydia turned 18, I asked her if she wanted to come up here with me and she said yes."

"Do you ever miss your parents?" Zack turned to me now and looked at me, curious.

"I never knew my dad, but yeah, I miss my mom like crazy. She was going to come up for Noelle's wedding but my cousin just had a kid and she had to stay down there and help out."

He cocked his head to the side. "Do you have any other siblings?"

"Dude, what's with the 20 questions?" I laughed.

"I just want to get to know you," he started moving towards me and my eyes widened.

"Uhhh... what the hell?" I asked.

"Sorry," Zack smirked and then stood up and stretched. I admired his muscles before he turned back to me. "So, what are you doing?"

"Packing."

"We already finished!" Zack smiled.

"HOW?!"

"Katrina, we've been touring for the past six years, we know how to pack."

"True..." I stood up from my bed and walked over to my mess of a suitcase. "Do you want to help me?" I winked and he laughed and nodded.

--

"What is this?" Jack asked.

I sighed for the fifth time in the last minute. "It's a tank top, Jack."

"What is this?"

"That's a bra."

"What is this?"

"It's a hairbrush!"

"What is this?"

"THAT IS A FUCKING TAMPON."

"Ew..."

"What is... this?" Jack smiled devilishly.

"Your Straight to DVD thing. What the hell does it look like?"

"Did you buy it to check out Zack?"

"I bought it so I could know more about you guys, given we'd have to start hanging out once Noelle and Alex got married."

"Doesn't really give off a great impression, does it?" Zack asked as he drank from the beer he had found in my fridge.

I rolled my eyes. "No, it doesn't. But Lydia loved watching it. She wishes we had the uncensored version."

"KATRINA!" she screamed and tackled me to the ground.

"No screaming," I cringed and closed my eyes.

"Oh, right, sorry," Lydia leaned back on bit her lip.

"It's okay," I said but I still laid on the floor, with my eyes closed.

--

The next morning, I woke up in my bed, with just a tank top and my underwear on. I sat up and stretched. I looked to my left and noticed Zack was laying next to me, passed out.

What /happened/ last night?

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahahahahah done. This chapter took me forever because I could not focus! Anyway, here it is. Comment&fave? -jos.