Status: Temp postponed. Computer probs. We'll be back soon.

Listen to the Thunder

I Saw A Warning Sign

"Where are we going, Paul?" I asked as the man led the way through the New York streets much like last night.
"I want to walk around Central Park before we go to the concert."
"Oh..." I trailed off. "Why?"
"To get to know you better, duh!" He stated, as if it were obvious.
"Um..."
I know, I know.
I'm wayyy too awkward for my own good.
"Why don't you just stop over-thinking things for five minutes and just enjoy yourself?" Paul asked me.
I bit my lip and hesitated for a moment.
"Okay," I sighed. "Lead the way,"
"Alright! Now we're talking!" He stated. "Is it cool if I hold your hand?"
"Sure?" I shrugged. "I suppose that's apart of this whole 'opening up' process."
"Damn straight it is." He chuckled and tugged on my hand. "So you and your sister moved in last night, right?"
"Yeah," I laughed. "Thanks for helping me again with those boxes, by the way."
"No problem," He smiled at me. "I know that I don't know you very well, but it seems like you're a very closed off type of person as opposed to Rumor being open to new people."
I sighed.
"I did used to be that way too." I admited. It wasn't a lie. "But after...certian things happened, I became really closed off to the world. It's like I had become socially mute."
"Why is that?"
"Another story for another day, Pauly." I smiled at him and he returned the smile.
"I'm holding you to that promise, Jack." I nodded my head and smiled down at my feet as we walked over the slightly crowded bridge. "So, want to go to a hot dog stand?"
I looked up at him and laughed.
"I'm a vegan."
"Whoa!" He chuckled. "There is something else that I learned about you. We're getting somewhere today."
I giggled at his behavior.
"But I will get something to drink."
"What about some chips? Don't you want any of those?"
"What kind do they have?"
"All kinds." He laughed. "Come on, I'm teaching you a few things about New York."
"Okay..." I trailed off.
"One hot dog with ketchup, and mustard, and a bag of barbeque chips."
"Okay," The vender replied before fixing his hot dog for him. "What about you, young lady?"
"A water, please?"
"Sure thing," The man replied before handing over the chips, hot dog and water to Paul. I automatically took the chips and water. Paul paid for everything before we found a spot under a tree to sit down and eat. Our hands never unlatched themselves.
I looked over at Paul, who kept dropping ketchup and mustard everywhere.
"Need some help with that?" I giggled.
He frowned and nodded his head.
"Yes, please,"
I took the napkin from his other hand that was trying to balance his hot dog on.
"Here," I stated, whipping the mess off of his face, and laughing at the same time. "You're so messy."
"I know...but thanks for the help."
"No problem." I replied before I opened the water bottle.
I didn't even touch the chips.
As soon as Paul was done eating, we both stood up and walked over to the nearby trashcan. He tossed his trash, and we both started walking.
"You didn't eat your chips,"
"I'm saving them," I lied.
"You're odd...I like that."
I rolled my eyes.
"Sure, you do."
"Do you want to continue walking?"
"Um...sort of but not really."
"We could go back to Times Square."
"I think I like that idea."
"Awesome!" He stated. "I kind of want to go into Toys R Us."
"I love that place!" I admitted.
"Perfect!"
I laughed again at the younger boy, and we started back into the busiest part of the city. When we reached the store's doors, they stopped us. I couldn't help but notice the homeless woman sitting beside it.
"You can go in there with that, ma'am," The security guard warned me.
Paul pouted.
"Just this once?"
"I'm sorry, but it's a store rule,"
I nodded my head.
"I'll just eat them out here." I told him. "Go ahead in. I'll be there in a minute."
"How do I know that you'll actually come inside?"
"Because I have no idea how to get back to my apartment building, therefore I would be lost for months."
"Good point," He chuckled and let go of my hand. "See you in a minute." Paul replied before walking into the huge toy store.
I turned around in search for a trash can to toss the chips away, but I stopped short, looking back at the homeless woman. A small smile graced my lips as I walked over to her, and offered up the potatos.
"Bless you," She smiled at me before opening them.
"No thanks needed."
At least she gets some food, right?
"That was very kind of you," The security guard told me as I walked in the door.
I shrugged.
"Just how my mom raised me." and then I walked around only to find Paul in line for the farris wheel in the middle of the story.
"That was faster than I expected." He stated, lacing our fingers together.
"I eat fast,"
"I'll say," He chuckled. "We're totally going on this thing. You know that right?"
"I guessed that much when I saw you standing in line."
"It's awesome isn't it? To have a farris wheel in the middle of a toy store."
"I just hope that we get Barbie's pink car!" I stated sarcastically.
Paul rolled his eyes at me before pulling us both forward. When we got on, we were in a yellow lego cart instead.
"Not exaclty Barbie's dream car, but it's a close second."
"If you say so." I laughed. "Come sit with me over here? I'm terrified of heights."
"For sure." He stated before he moved to my side and wrapped an arm around me. I leaned into his side, and laid my head on his shoulder.
Something about Paul makes me trust him. Even more than any other guy I have ever met in my life. It felt good, and somehow, I knew that I could tell him anything without him getting upset at me for.
I really like Paul.

*

"Thanks for the fun day," I stated as we walked hand in hand toward the venue.
"No problem. It was probably one of the better days I've ever had in this city."
"I find that highly doubtful."
"No, I'm being completely serious,"
"You can stop now, I've already accepted this as a date," I lightly joked.
"Oh, I know. You've been latched onto my hand allll dayyy." He sang. I blushed, and looked down, letting my fire red hair fall in front of my face. "Awe, come on. Don't do that! I don't get to see you're pretty face,"
Despite the fact that my cheeks turned a even darker shade of red, I looked up at the guy walking beside of me.
"Shut it." I joked, lightly shoving him with my side.
He only laughed.
"Come on, we have to get inside. Our tickets are waiting for us at the door."
"Okay," I agreed.
"Two for Paul DiGiovanni,"
"Here you go," The bouncer stated, handing over the tickets and two backstage passes.
"Thanks, man."
"They're waiting for you backstage."
"Awesome." Paul chuckled before placing my VIP pass around my neck. "Here you go."
"Thanks, Paul," I chuckled. "Is it bad to say how freaking nervous I am?"
"Not at all," He replied. "I freaked out the first time I met them too."
"You've met Good Charlotte before?"
"How else would I explain the backstage passes and front row seats?"
"Very true," I nodded. "Wait! I have to go to the bathroom first before I go in there, or else I might pee in my pants."
"Okay," He chuckled. "The bathroom is right over there."
I nodded my head and let go of his hand to enter the bathroom. I went into a stall and heard someone flee into the room. They went into the stall next to mine, and I heard puking noises. I scrunched my nose at the sound. It was nasty. When I was done, I walked out of the stall, and went to wash my hands. The girl walked out and went to the sink next to mine. I tried to pay attention to her as I finished washing my hands. She was blonde, but shorter than me. She was thin too, and by the sounds she was making, she wasn't just puking because she was sick.
"Bulimic?" I questioned.
Her head snapped up at me.
"Excuse me?"
"You're bulimic, right?" I asked, turning toward her.
Her arms crossed over her stomach automatically, much like I did.
"I'm not..." She trailed off.
"And that's why you were puking, right?" I asked her, but she still stayed silent. "It's dangerous."
"What do you know about it?" She snapped.
I sighed heavily and looked at her.
"I may not be bulimic, but I know an eating disorder when I see one. I did go to rehab for years to cure mine."
And it's still controling me a lot of the time.
"Whatever. It's better than never eating at all. You strave, bindge, and then purge. Simple and effective." The blonde replied before drying her hands and walking out of the bathroom.
I shook my head and sighed before looking into the mirror. Next to her I felt....
Fat.
I shook off the thought and dried my hands before leaving the bathroom. Paul smiled and offered his hand again before we walked toward the door.
"Paul? I'm really nervous,"
He laughed.
"You'll be fine,"
"Okay..."
He opened the door and we walked into the room where Good Charlotte was sitting and two other people.
"Jack!"
I turned and smiled as I saw my sister...well step, but still.
" Rumor!" I laughed. "Hey, Martin. Nice to see you found your pants."
He rolled his eyes and stood up to give Paul a hug.
"Hey, nice of you to join us. What took so long?"
"I had to pee." I shrugged.
Joel Madden laughed.
"Hey, you must be Paul's date."
I nodded my head.
"Joel, Benji, Paul T, Billy and Dean, this is my lady friend, Jack."
"Nice to meet you," Benji stated, hugging me.
I stood shocked for a second before I hugged back.
This is freaking awesome!
♠ ♠ ♠
We changed the picture of Jack! So go check it out :)

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!

- Rae <3