Tokio Derby

Clarissa

“Clarissa,” Ash yelled, even though we were barely twenty feet away, “the doorbell rang!”

I tried to ignore her by turning up the music blaring from the CD player, but she started to yell so much she even babbled for a while. I sighed in defeat and walked over to the door. It was Claude, in his pizza get-up and holding four pizzas.

“About time you got here,” I put on my most seductive voice and leaned into the doorway. “I wanted that hot, steamy pizza about an hour ago.” I tried to show my leg more, which was simple wearing my denim short-shorts with ripped fishnet stockings, but only hit the heel of my Doc Martens on the door.

Claude chuckled, then turned his face to a more seductive one. “It took a while for me to get this pizza here,” he replied in the same tone, “I know you want some hot,” he stepped closer, “and steamy,” the tips of our noses were almost touching if it weren’t for the pizza boxes in our way. I could smell his familiar cologne with a mix of mint and pizza. “Pizza.”

Ariel interrupted our quasi-sexual moments by coming over and making music from a porn movie. Claude and I busted up laughing while Ariel made herself busy taking the pizzas and putting them on the kitchen counter. “You kids need to stop having sex with your eyes,”” she snapped. She pointed to the hallway and smiled. “There’s a bedroom right there. Get to it.”

Gustav peered over angrily from the couch. Ariel chuckled and wiggled her eyebrows. “Sorry about them,” I apologized, moving so her could enter the semi-happening party. Though I was turning 16, Gustav still wanted to decorate like I was six. The walls were decorated with pink and purple streamers, cheesy balloons, and, Sweet bears, party hats. I kicked a dying balloon out of my way and ushered Claude in.

Gustav, Tom, and Forte were chilling on the couch, Forte extremely close to Gustav without really touching him. Davon, Ariel, and Marissa were slobbering over the pizzas and eating like pigs. That felt Bill, Georg, Mariah, and Ash to sit by the Xbox, trying to work together on a multiplayer game. I shoved some stray papers off our never-used table and sat down. Claude sat down next to me, scooting his seat over so our shoulders were touching.

“Are we the only losers coming to this party?” he asked, interlacing his fingers with mine. I chuckled. “We only need Hansel and Rudolf to show up, and then we’re good.”

Claude huffed. Nobody could believe that I was friends with Hansel after all that had happened, but she was actually a pretty awesome person. I got past that front that she puts up- the greatest bitch since Joan of Arc on her period, and found a pretty soft exterior. It turned out her brother ran away two years ago with one of her mom’s friends to join the Peace Corps, and it hasn’t been the same at home. Hansel showed me her amazing talent for beat boxing and now I was trying to get others to see her talent at making cupcakes.

“She’s bringing cupcakes,” I added, smiling. “She made them just for the occasion.”

“Make sure there’s no poison in those cupcakes,” he whispered, making me swat him on his chest. The doorbell rang and Claude’s advice needed to be put to the test.

Hansel and Rudolf were at the door, Rudolf holding large tins of cupcakes that almost covered his face. Hansel was extremely excited to see me, hugging me when I opened the door. “Guess what I saw at the store yesterday?” she exclaimed.

“That escaped Russian polar bear from the circus that rides those unicycles while juggling?” I joked. “Those Russians won’t be the same without him.”

“No,” Hansel's face turned solemn for just a second, but the smile soon returned. “I saw Dominic at the store.” Now my smile faltered. “He was with some girl. But that’s not the best part. She friggin threw a stack of tomatoes at his face. No joke! She just picked up some tomatoes and THREW THEM AT HIS FACE! IT WAS AMAZING!”

Hansel and I giggled and squealed in a way that only those who had had been cheated on could. Our small little party was ended when Gustav finally noticed that our party was complete and demanded that we should start the birthday party. We all gathered around the table while Tom brought out the cake: this huge half lemon, half vanilla thing shaped like a roller skate.

“What are you going to wish for?” Gustav asked, smiling at me from the other side of the table. I stopped to think about it. I had things I never imagined I could: people that care, an awesome boyfriend, to live out my dreams as a derby girl without any persecution. I looked over at all of my friends. With people like them, who needs anything?

But I thought about a puppy when I blew out the candles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well guys, I guess we're done. I really want to thank the people that read and subscribed. Especially those that wrote me comments.
I really loved writing the chapters, even if I couldn't do some quick enough because of school.

Umm, I started to write a new story called Forever Mortal. It's kinda good. Please try to read it.