Tokio Derby

Lush

The minute the moving truck got to the apartment I got out of the truck and started to skate around the neighborhood. Gustav was right, Magdeburg is a very small town, but it was really nice to skate around. I noticed that the condo that we were living in is currently the only one in the entire town, with its tan bricks and the red shingles. Gustav said I didn’t have to sneak out, because he would drive me to our games. I objected, knowing how bad his driving was. He even insisted to drive me too my very first day of school.

After making record time-at least in my mind- around the entire small town, taking a break to take pictures of the beautiful German landscape and people, I made it back to the condo where the Guys and some of the workers were lifting boxes. Bill, on the other hand, was not, and was sitting down on the grass like he was waiting for someone.

I took off my skates and walked over to him in my socks. “Hi Bill,” I said in German. “How are you doing?”

Bill smiled at me, an absolutely beautiful smile that would’ve made any fan faint. But I was used to this rock star after taking the train with him and actually talking to him. He was a pretty awesome guy, other than his pet peeve for being a little selfish. “I’m fine,” he replied back in German, showing of his perfect teeth with a smile. “I was just sitting here waiting for you.”

“Why were you waiting for me?” I asked, pulling him up from the ground. He was really light for a guy.

“I just wanted to get acquainted with you,” I walked alongside him towards the apartment and he opened the door for me in a gentlemanly way. I looked in to see a room that was only a little bit smaller than a ballet studio with a window in the center overlooking the town in a stunning view. Also, the couch was put in the middle of the room facing the kitchen, its back facing the two empty rooms with tons of boxes in them.

I ran over to Gustav, who was setting up his drum set in the bottom left corner of the condo, near the window. “Why are you setting up your drum kit there?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “Trying to put it there so girls will notice you when they’re walking?”

Gustav’s ears turned bright red and he looked out the window. “No,” he snapped. “I just wanted to play with a view.” He looked down to my arm, where I was holding my oboe case I got before the movers took it. “What’s that?”

“It’s my oboe,” I replied, thinking back to the time when I brought my oboe to derby practice. The girls laughed at me in the beginning when I started to play when we were stretching. They said it looked like a weird-ass snake.

His eyes turned to slits. “I once liked a girl who played the oboe,” he said, staring out of the window.

Tom snorted. “Don’t start on this story again!”

“Shut up,” Gustav snapped, looking over at Tom. Gustav looked back at me. “She was starting to like me. Then she took one look at Tom and fell in love with him.”

“I dated her for like a week!” Tom screeched, moving some boxes into the kitchen, where Bill was opening some of the boxes and starting to put things in cabinets. Even from far away I could see a perverted smirk on Tom’s face. “That girl was an absolutefreak in bed.”

I cringed. “Eww,” I exclaimed. I walked into the kitchen and helped Bill put away the dishes. We did this for a while and then started to move things in the living room for a sort of décor look.

“What are we going to eat for dinner?!” Georg screamed from the bathroom. Seriously gross, he was in there for almost an hour.

Gustav stopped playing “Humanoid” on the drums and shrugged. “Probably pizza. I don’t feel like cooking.” He looked over to me with sympathetic eyes. “Could you please call them for me?”

I sighed and picked up my phone. After asking what everyone wanted to eat- Bill and Tom were vegetarians and Gustav, Georg, and I wanted sausage-I dialed the number Gustav yelled out for us and told him that I wanted one large cheese pizza and two extra-large sausage pizzas.

When the doorbell rang I threw my hair into a ponytail and opened the door. A guy with dark, curly hair covered by a stupid red hat with matching shirt looked at me. But it wasn’t the obvious six-pack and artistic look he had by his pierced ears. It was his eyes. Those bright, beautiful amber eyes that I could stare into for the rest of my life. That was the awesome thing about eyes. You can easily tell what kind of person they are by their eyes. And his eyes showed that he was kind of shy with a funny personality when you get to know him, and a great kisser…..

“…..thirteen fifty,” I tuned in to hear him say.

“What was that?” I asked.

“Your payment is thirteen fifty,” he said again. He looked over my shoulder and probably looked at Gustav playing the drums. “Isn’t he from-“ he started.

“Tokio Hotel,” they all said from wherever they were. They sounded so much like one person it creeped me out. They probably did that a lot.“Don’t do that,” I screamed to them. “Ever.”

Gustav ran up the door and shook his hand, like he knew him or something. “I’ve seen your parents here somewhere,” Gustav started, then pointed his finger at him like it was a fake gun and he was about to get shot. “I know where you’re from! My parents know yours! Do you remember me? I used to babysit you when you were little.”

The boy shook his head. “I’m sorry,” he replied. “I don’t remember you.”

Gustav looked kind of depressed but then a smile rose on his face. “Aren’t you in high school?” he exclaimed, putting his hands on my shoulder like a parent. “Clarissa here goes to high school.”

“Really?” he asked. There was something about my hair that people would notice. “I haven’t seen you around school lately.”

I blushed, for some strange reason. “I’m starting tomorrow,” I replied, trying not to stare into those eyes of his. I put out my hand. “I’m Clarissa,” I paused, trying to remember my last name. “Orson-Schäfer.”

He blushed and we looked into each other’s eyes for a while. It made me feel all soul-searchy or something. Gustav finally broke the silence. “Well, she has a big day at school tomorrow.” He took the pizza, and when he was walking away his hips bumped my small frame and pushed me into the pizza guy.

I looked up at his face; I could see he was blushing. “See you at school,” I squealed before slamming the door in his face.

Tom walked over to the pizza casually, but patted me on the back while he was walking. “Good job,” he whispered in my ear. “You just made the worst first impression ever. Wait until you see him at school.”