Tokio Derby

London Bridge

There he was. Sitting there and relaxing like he didn’t even notice me. Because he probably didn’t remember me. His eyes were gleaming and looked so beautiful under the fluorescent lights I thought he was an angel.

“-ello?” I snapped back in reality to notice Ash waving in my face. “Are you okay?”

“You stopped breathing,” Marissa snorted, putting her stuff down where Amber Eyes was sitting and walked towards the back of the lunch line.

“Right,” I whispered to myself. “I’m sorry,” I said to Ash, and I followed suit of Marissa and put my stuff down where they were sitting. I ordered a salad and some fries and gave the lunch lady with some money- which looked like play money compared to the green American dollars I was used to.

I sat down and didn’t touch my food, but instead stared at him. Every single time we made eye contact he blushed and looked back to who he was talking to and continued the conversation.

I felt Ash sit down next to me and looked as she stuffed a few fries in her mouth. “Aren’t you hungry?” she asked, looking at my food. I grabbed a fork, put some dressing on my food, and took a big bite out of my salad. It tasted good, like it was just brought here today. Not like the food in America; it was always prepackaged and in a freezer or fridge, waiting for someone like a deranged stalker.

“So how were the rest of your classes new kid?” Amber Eyes asked, trying to start a conversation with me.

“Claude,” the girl next to him said, flipping her blond hair out of her face. She was barely taller than me and had eyes as blue as the sea. “Don’t start.”

So that was his name. Claude. I kept repeating it over and over in my head.

“None of this involves you Mariah,” Marissa snapped, pushing her a little. “Stay out of it you deranged whore.”

“Don’t talk to me that way you little skank!” Mariah snapped back, her voice raised a little higher. And soon they were yelling at each other and throwing full packets of salt at each other. I just watched in horror; if they were such enemies, then why were they sitting at the same table?

“Don’t worry about them,” Claude said to me as I watched them talk about how skanky each of them was. “They do this all the time. But they’re really close friends.”

“So we need to tell you who’s who in this shithole,” Marissa said, pointing over to a table with a bunch of girls, all with blond hair and the only difference is that they’re wearing different colored shirts. “Those are the Clones. They all have the same bland personality and do everything together.” She explained everything else to me; jocks who sat in the center of the cafeteria, the band geeks, anime freaks, and everything else.

But she stopped when she pointed to the table far in the back. “And those guys,” Marissa’s voice got quiet. “Are the Popular Kids. Everybody knows them and it’s not a party unless they’re invited.”

I followed her gaze and saw a pair of eyes looking at me. It was Dominic; he put on a Cheshire cat smirk and waved at me. I shyly waved back. A girl sitting next to him with brown curly hair looked over at me and glared. She was probably his girlfriend or something, but I really don’t give a shit.

“Whoa,” Claude said. “You know Dominic?” He pointed his fork at me. “Don’t go near him. He’s trouble.”

“You’re just saying that because he’s your brother,” Marissa snorted, picking up her tray and walking to the garbage. A couple of eyes followed her; mostly guys and a few girls. She was so pretty that she must’ve gotten used to it.

“He’s your brother?” I asked. Claude blushed. “He’s only older than me by twenty minutes, so I guess we’re twins.”

“Have you ever heard of Tokio Hotel?” Marissa asked, picking up one of Claude’s fries and shoving it into her mouth.

Time to lie, I thought to myself. “I’ve listened to their music but I’ve never been to their concerts.”

The whole table gasped, including Ash and Mariah. “How could you have never gone to their concerts?!” Ash screamed.

“They’re legends!”

Lunch flew by quick, and I kept stealing glances at Dominic. The table got into another conversation about Tokio Hotel, and I added some lies in. No, I did not know Gustav Schäfer lived here. I would totally go to his house and hang up a poster saying how much I loved him. But I had to make sure that nobody knew where I lived. So I went through my classes in a daze, wanting to go home all of a sudden. Even throughout all my classes, I looked around to see where the hell Dominic could be. Claude was in my classes for the other half of the day, and he informed me on everyone and everything that has ever happened at this school and in this entire town. Ever. Magdeburg is that small of a town.

The bell rung and I went to my locker. I got my crap and walked outside. Kids were being picked up by their parents and talking about what they were going to be doing over the weekend, even if it was only a Wednesday. I saw Ash and Mariah hopping into a car together and I waved at them.

I waited until about everyone was gone before I put on my skates and started to go home. It was kind of a long way back, but it was good exercise nonetheless. Besides, I didn’t want people to know where I lived.

“It’s nice to see you around here,” I heard when I reached a stop at a busy intersection. I turned around to see Claude and Dominic behind me, Claude off in the distance a little while Dominic was close to my face.

I smiled at them both, mostly at Dominic. “It’s nice to see you again Vibrator Boy,” I joked. I skated with them for a while, talking mostly to Dominic and Claude talking a little. Dominic was a little egotistical and narcissistic, but he made up for all of that with his beautiful eyes and comedy. It turns out that we all lived in the same condo and they met Gustav once. “But you can’t tell anyone,” he whispered in my ear. I could smell the mint because he was so close. “It’s supposed to be a secret. Plus, I don’t want people to like me only because I live next to a German superstar.”

Like that was going to make people like him.

When we finally reached the condo, he stopped in front of the building and looked me in the eye.

“Um,” his voice sounded so cute when he stuttered. “I was wondering if you wanted to go to a movie with me on Friday.”

“I just met you.”

“But you’re so amazing I want to know you more,” he replied. I blushed in reply. Claude called him into the house and Dominic snarled. See you later!” he yelled, even though I was right next to him. He quickly kissed me on the cheek and ran upstairs.

Leaving me there to blush.

“And why should I let you go on a date with him?” Gustav said from the other side of the line. I sighed and plopped down on my bed, which didn’t look like just a mattress anymore. Since the guys opened most of the boxes and cleaned up it looked like a normal condo now.

“Because!” I exclaimed, jumping up and down just thinking about it. “I’m fifteen now and can make my own decisions.”

I heard him sigh through the phone. “I’m going to meet him before you guys go on your date, okay?” he pleaded. I put the phone down and jumped off the bed, screaming with joy. “Alright,” I replied after five minutes of running around the house screaming like a loon.
After a while of talking about school and the tour I hung up the phone and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. I grabbed an apple of the counter and bit into it. When I finished the apple I was sitting in the living room and watching TV on our new flat-screen- how the hell did he even buy this?!- And saw a neon green flyer lying on the floor.

I picked it up and looked at it for a while, thinking it was going to be for some new cupcake business or something. Instead it was a derby flyer, with a pissed off girl staring straight at the camera with a snarl on her face. I’m not a lesbian but the way she was looking at me made me want to kiss her. The flyer said that the bout was going to be held at some building maybe a mile or two out of town.

I was definitely going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the chapter but I introduced new characters and it's gonna get good!!!!!!
Comment? and/ or subscribe?