Tokio Derby

Stairway to Heaven

The crowd went wild as one of the other team girls smashed herself into the home team. The girl from the home team- their name was the Kiss Ass- fell over, but landed on both of her skates. The referee didn’t call any fouls because she used her elbow to get her in the stomach. Apparently they had no rules here.

I shifted in my seat a little, not even caring that some of the guy’s beer behind me got into my shirt. I was too fixated on the game. There was just something about derby that made things so………..awesome. I never really watched derby a lot, I was always participating in them, but the energy from the crowd was so moving that when the other team got a point or two I wanted to go down there and punch all the team members in the face.

The ref blew the whistle, signaling the end of the bout, and the Kiss Ass won by over 20 points. I jumped out of my seat and cheered louder than the rest of the crowd, watching a few guys pumping their fists in the air and screaming out profanities and things they wanted to do to the girls. I just sighed and got out of the seat, following the crowd of people outside of the abandoned building to where the party really began; outside, where they sold all their merchandise and you could take pictures with derby girls or any other person wearing roller skates. I was a little clumsy at first, making sure to dodge the people whether they were drunk or not. But when I got outside, the first place I went to was the merchandise stand, where barely a few people were there.

After buying a shirt that said “I’m a Derby Girl and proud of it!” in German and a couple bracelets with team names, I was sitting far away from the crowd near the corner. There were a few people here smoking and a couple others getting way too hot and heavy, but I ignored them and put on my skates.

“What’s a true derby girl like you doing in a place like this?!” a voice shouted above me, and I looked up to see the girl from the poster. After a couple minutes of gawking at the beauty, she finally snapped, “What are you staring at?! Get up Sweet n’ Sour Punch!”

She knew my name. The awesome derby chick knew my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short but the next chapter gets better!

comment/sub?