Alone at Six

Worries

After laying in the grass silent for a good ten to fifteen minutes, Cole sighed and finally broke the empty silence.

Her expression didn't change as she said, very seriously, "I like your face."

The sentence was so random, it caught me off guard. "My...face?" I asked, feeling slow.

She nodded, not bothering to go into any details about it but instead asked a semi-random question. "Have you ever looked in the mirror and terrified yourself?"

"Uh, once, but I slept with my make up on that night." I thought for a second for something more and added "Oh, and there was that one time I dressed as Sweeney Tod."

"The demon barber of fleet street?"

"Yeah." I smiled at how she knew who that was ."He must use a lot of bleach. He probably soaks his shirts in a tub of detergent. No, In a pool. Of Clorox."

"Well, isn't that a lovely thought." She said it with a amused tone and a half-assed, half-hearted, half smile.

"That's me." I smiled. "I'm just full of lilies, gummy bears, confetti, and.....lions."

"Lions?"

"Yeah, I was trying to come up with something else.... I meant dandy lions and kinda....failed at it a bit.." I awkwardly added the last half as a breeze rolled by and blew some dubree into Cole's hair and my face. Sticking out my tongue and blowing to get it away, I ended up getting a mouth full of it and turning my head to spit it out.

When I turned back, Cole was smiling at me. Not a big smile, not even so much that anyone else would have noticed. But I noticed the corners of her mouth turned up the slightest bit and her eyes softened to a full extent.

"Do you always dress like this?" She asked.

"Dress like what?" My confusion was genuine.

"So...normal. I know some bands will go all out on stage, but do you?"

"No." I said, sighing and admitted "I was just too lazy to look for cloths this morning."

"Okay, that makes sense. Do you-"

"No no no." I cut her off. "It's my turn to ask questions."

She didn't reject this idea, only nodded as I asked. "Do you like Vampira?"

"Uh....I'm sure if I knew who that was I would moderately like it, er, that person."

"What?" I shot up so fast I fell back down face first. Getting up again, I saw Cole had sat up too, a worried expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"You don't know who Vampira is!"

"Oh." She shrugged. "It was something on TV, right? I don't watch much TV, only the news and whatever comes on after two."

"Everything comes on after two."

"AM."

"Oh. Your so weird. Go sit over there." I joked, waving my hand off to the side as if I was shooing a fly.

"Oh, I see how it is." Even though the joking tone was clear in her voice, the sniffles got me as she walked across the grass and I followed.

"Wait, no, don't go. It's okay if you don't know who Vampira is, we can still be friends."

"No!" She said with a over-dramatic sway as the back of her hand went to her forehead. "We can never be!"

"But....I have Chines food."

"Oh, well that changes things." She walked over and wrapper her hands around my neck, pulling me down a bit. It was only meant to be a joke to go alone with our fun, but her body touching mine made me conscience of every bit of skin touching, every point of presser made by her leaning on me, and her warm breath gliding up my chest and neck counteracting the after rain chill. 'Caused by a low front passing over, I learned from a chalk board this morning.

A field of thoughts ran through my head, most of which where not appropriate, especially since she was only seventeen. I had to push them all away and focuses on the cold breeze pushing against my back to keep my cool so Cole wouldn't notice.

"So where is it?" She asked in a almost wistfully voice. Or I may have just imagined it.

"Where's what?" My thoughts got the best of me as my heart rate picked up. My hands itched to be on her waist, but I rejected them and held them firmly at my sides.

"The chines food you promised me." She smiled as she crushed my fantasy. But her smile made up for my lost fairy tail.

"Oh, well about that, you see I don't have it on me at the time.....but I'll get it!"

She pushed off of me as her feet got intertwined with each other and landed her flat on her ass.

"Are you okay?" I asked, kneeling down, ready to stop any blood that decided to spew out of her body in large quantities.

She only laughed at me as I twisted and turned her body to make sure she was fine. "I'm good." She said. "I'm short, there's not too long of a way down. Come enjoy the view." She patted the hard ground next to her like it was a old sofa.

I sat and we found ourselves just laying there in nothing again. We were closer than last time and I could feel her smiling next to me, her eyes closed and taking deep breaths. The sides of our hands where the only things that touched, and just like when she had her arms around my neck, it was enough to send a jolt through me.

This time I broke the silence, feeling that I needed to say it even though it seemed to have been put in the past. Or just pushed to the side. "I'm sorry." I sighed.

She turned her head towards me and I could see her eyebrows furrow in confusion in my peripheral vision. "About what?"

"About the Ryan thing." I didn't meet her eyes, I didn't even turn my head afraid of what I might see. I've got her to smile for me twice today, I didn't want to know that I made her frown twice too. Especially since I didn't know exactly how I made her so upset. "I kinda lost my cool and went off on her. I didn't mean to yell all that, but once she said the whole retarded orphan thing I-"

Cole's hand flung over and covered my mouth so fast that the smacking sound echoed over the empty space. "It's okay." She said in a voice that I knew to be close to tears. "It's not your fault. Don't talk about it."

I looked over at her and, for fear of the water in her eyes overflowing, nodded. She took her hand off of my mouth and we once again sat there, staring up at the sky in emptiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm grounded, I'm actually still grounded but no one but my sister is home so I'm on her profile(not mibba profile, Internet profile.) and I'm looking out the window every time I even think I hear a car.

Bubbleloveworld
Scream For Me. (I just realized how amazing your user is!)
laddi
My grounded ass loves you all

Story time!
My sisters birthday is today (May 28Th, go on Nytestalker page and wish her a happy birthday, belated or not) and I wrote a mini-poem at the bottom of the card I gave her. It actually made her cry, I was happy that she liked it, but horrified that I made her cry.

Oh, and Bubbleloveworld has redeemed herself from the Nikki Minaj think with that awesome song. (How old fashion am I?)