Alone at Six

Mixed Scents

Everyone woke up early the next day, whether they wanted to or not. Sandra was no easy matter, pushing away everyone and thing that came close to her. Jinxx an Jake happily got up, just glad that they weren't stuck in the same bed again. I reminded them that the bus was still outside, but they declined on account of no heat. Okay, Jinxx complained more than Jake, but you get it.

Today, I took extra good care of my hair and took more time than I think I ever had to pick out my clothes. Who knew choosing chains could be so mind wrecking. Too bad I didn't own any white.

"Six, get out of the bathroom!" Sandra yelled.

"No! I'm not ready! Go use the other one!"

"Hell no! Jinxx destroyed that shit!"

"Just wait!"

Letting out a frustrated growl, she hit the door one last time before stomping off. God, talk about hell in the mornings. First my pants wouldn't pull up and now this? I bet Cole didn't have these kinds of problems. Or did she? Once again, I didn't know whether she was a only child or I just haven't met her siblings. If she did, did they have the same father? And why didn't they pick her up on the day of the concert? I'm willing to bet she had none. She was just alone.

Pushing these thoughts to the back of my head, I went back to contemplating if six thirty was too early to text Cole. My phone vibrated but my excitement flagged when I saw it was only Sandra yelling at me in a text that she was going to bleed all over my bag.

"It's about time!" She shouted as I opened the door and she pushed me out.

"She acts like there's a sex orgy going on in there!" I shouted.

At the words, Ashley perked up and dropped the shirt he had just picked up. "What? There's one in the bathroom?"

"Yep, all warm and bloody."

A disgusted look pasted his face as he picked the black V-neck back up. "Na, I'm not into blood."

"I gave 'em gallons of the stuff."

"What?"

"I don't know." Shrugging, I reached for my jacket and banged on the bathroom door. "If you don't hurry up and bleed out we're leaving you here!"

What she yelled back set the whole room quiet, wide-eyed, and stunned.

"Okay." I said just loud enough for her to hear. "We'll wait."

~~~


"I don't think school has started yet." Jake informed us of the obvious as we pulled into the parking lot, almost empty of all cars.

"I hadn't fucking noticed, Pitts."

Ashley patted Sandra's head, earning himself a death glare but he just kept on smiling. "It's okay, Sandra." He assured her. "Only a day or two more."

Sandra gave him a glare filled with so much hatred and anger if hurt to just know it was possible; happening.

After a hour of bitching and yelling at me for waking everyone up so early, people started to arrive and I came from the wall I was hiding behind. Not completely sure if Cole would be here or the bus ramp, I walked back and forth between the two for twenty minutes before I spotted her. As soon as I did I ran full-speed towards the slowing blur of white.

Quick, she jumped off her long board, leaving me to step on it and land flat on my face. After the pain was covered up with the fact that Cole was behind me, I rolled over onto my back. Cole just leaned over me, long board under one arm while the other was stretched out.

"Hi." She said as she held me in midair. "I'm Cole."

Falling back on my ass, I looked up with a unbelieving look. She looked back confused.

"Seriously!?" I shouted. "Are you kidding me!? You're kidding me, right?"

"What? Did I- d-did I do something? I-I know I j-jump, b-but you were just coming a-at me, I didn't w-want to fall o-off. I'm sorry, I-I didn't want you to fa-all I j-j-"

"No no, not that." I waved to get her to stop stuttering through sentences and pushed myself to my feet. Nice one, Andy. First thing in the morning and you've got her flustered.

Wait. Isn't that a... good thing.....? Nope, not in this context.

And, technically, this wasn't first thing.

"Hi, I'm Andrew Beirsack." I held out my hand, smiling down at her frowning, confused look. "I'm in a band called Black Veil Brides, I spent most of the day with you yesterday, my favorite band is Alklin Trio, and these" I pulled down my lip to revel the scars that had formed. Yeah, scares form inside your lip now. Who know? "are from your head."

"Oh." Pulling at her ghost wounds, her moth twitched the slightest bit up before a look of horror crossed her face and she darted towards the school.

"What did I say!?" I yelled after her. "Do I smell weird!? Ashley used all my shampoo! Jake's smells like shit!"

All eyes turned to me, but I didn't care as much as I suppose I should have. What did I do? Did she know what I was going to do? Even if she did, it wasn't like I was going to do anything bad. Last night I had decided not to bring up the jar or her father, figuring that if she wanted to tell me she would on her own terms. Plus, that would also signify that she trusted me enough to, felt close enough to me to.

What did I do wrong this time?

"Wow, Six." Sandra walked up behind me, Jake, Ashley, and Jinxx trailing behind. "You usually have them screaming but I've never seen them run."

"Shut up Sandra!" I shouted. "Just shut the fuck up!"

A silence fell over may band mates, but the feeling of guilt never set in. I wasn't in the mood, I wasn't having any of this today. A lack of sleep and unexplained terror mechanism trigger put me in a mood to bash in heads and bite off limbs.

"Oh." Jake said, sniffing his hair. "I don't smell bad.... do I?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. I don't know why, but I love it. Whatever.

So, I started using Google Chrome. Everything is...smaller. It's a bit weird. But way better than Firefox.

originality is dead.
Ricky Horror13
I love that you take time out of your lives to read and comment. Just...amazing to me. I can't even.

Story time!
Did I tell you guys how a Junior asked me out last year? Well he's a Senior now and or course I'm a Sophomore. Firstly, he gave me his hat because I said I I liked it and he let me wear it then was like 'keep it'. I love that hat, it's so warm and I always wanted a flyer pilot style hat. Today we had this carnival thing for kids 6-12 at school and he was doing scary stories with my sister and I was face painting with Emily. Eventually it just turned into hearing scary stories while getting your face painted because we wouldn't stop talking to each other and it made sense. He stayed twenty minuted afterwords, after everyone was gone, until l my dad came to pick me up(because my sister ran off with her friend). No one has ever done that for me, I felt so fucking loved.
So, uh, chapter dedicated to Terell. He's amazing.