Status: Just needed to get it off my computer. If it's completed it'll be completed in Cardiac Clockwork - its rewrite.

Some Sort of Angel

Ten

(Derived from Mikey’s point of view.)

The nurse had told us to get home so we could head to school. The day was Monday. She called the school and told them that we were going to be late, and that Alice Green was in the hospital in critical condition. She frowned when no one seemed to ask why, or even care. I gritted my teeth and squinted my eyes, making the nurse look surprised when she turned to face me. I gave a "no, no, that's not what I meant" look and she hung up the phone.
"What did they say?" I asked with concern. "Nothing, sadly. It's surprising how many people are so judging these days." She looked at her computer screen. "Not surprising to me." I mumbled softly. "What?" She asked, looking up. "Oh - nothing." I replied quickly. "I gotta get going. Will you call me if she wakes up, please?" She could tell I was almost hopeless. "Of course!" She replied happily, and I gave her my phone number. "We're going to take good care of her." She said, looking at me with glimmering eyes. Holding back tears, I waved goodbye and went into the bathroom to get my brother and my friend.
I opened the door and stepped in. "Gee? Frank?" Frank was sitting against a stall door, and Gerard was on the other side. "Guys, we gotta go. It's 8:33 AM. And Monday. Have you guys been here all this time?" Frank looked drowsy. Had he been sleeping against that stall door since Saturday? "I guess." He replied, rubbing his eyes. "Gee!" He said, elbowing the door. "God!" Gerard blurted instantly. Frank pushed himself onto his feet and I saw Gerard stand up behind the door. He unlatched it quietly and stepped out. "Let's go out the back. My car's parked there." "Do you realize that you know this place from corner to corner?" Frank muttered. "Shut up." Gerard mumbled. I headed for the door, throwing it open. Frank followed, ahead of a quiet Gerard.
Frank threw an arm over my shoulder as we walked through the back doors. "Lighten up." he said with a melancholy tone. His sarcasm wouldn't help the situation even if I thought it was funny. Gerard still didn’t try to catch up. Frank climbed into the backseat of the car. Gerard opened the door to the driver's seat, and I took passenger. "What are people gonna say?" Frank muttered. Gerard sighed. "I don't know. I'm not going to school." "Gerard, you have to." I whined. "You've got fucking D’s in all your classes." "Isn't that average?" He cocked his eyebrows. "I have a C average!" Frank blurted.
"Thanks for your contributions, Frankie." I rolled my eyes and looked straight ahead. "If dad gets mad, I'm not gonna save you..." I whined, with very little maturity in my tone. "Would you shut up already, Mikey? We already know you're gonna graduate and get a real job somewhere and I'm gonna flunk out and end up on the streets. I just prefer not to think about it now. Kay?" Gerard’s voice got quiet. "We fucking live on our own anyway." I frowned and sunk into my seat, not wanting to bug anyone anymore.

(Derived from Gerard’s point of view.)

"I thought we were going to school..." I heard Frank mutter with hesitation as we pulled under the tent. "Aren't you gonna shower?" Mikey asked, turning around. He sounded really annoyed. "I guess..." he mumbled again and got out of the car. I slowly walked up the stairs to my room to shower. I stepped into the bathroom cautiously and glanced to the pool of blood that lay on the floor. I paused. "Holy shit... " I whispered, mortified, "Oh my God... oh my God... no... no... go away...” I whispered. My eyes filled with tears as I stared at the crimson shape that lay on the ground. I invisioned Ali lying there, but I covered my eyes and shook my head to make the picture go away.
It wouldn't.
I looked down at my hands. They were shaking violently. "What have you done...?" I whispered. I didn't feel well. Grabbing my stomach, I ran down the stairs to Frank’s room. "Gerard?" Mikey shouted. "Gee, are you okay?" I kept running down the stairs to the bathroom in his room and emptied all I had eaten in the past few days into the toilet in front of me. "Gerard!?" Mikey shouted from the other side of the door.
I didn't respond. I just sat against the wall, next to the toilet, with one hand over my mouth and the other on my stomach. I was gasping for air. "Gerard! Let us in!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I responded with a moan and the door came crashing open, letting the two other boys enter my sanctuary. "Gee!" Mikey whispered. "Are you okay? What happened? Did you throw up?" I nodded slowly and closed my eyes. My heart was pounding wildly in my chest and my head was throbbing. "Frank, stay here with Gee." "Mikes, I don't think you should go to school alone." "Frankie. I'll be fine."