Status: Just needed to get it off my computer. If it's completed it'll be completed in Cardiac Clockwork - its rewrite.

Some Sort of Angel

Eleven

(Derived from Mikey’s point of view.)

I got into Gerard's car and turned the ignition on. Man, was I scared. Ray was probably going to stay home today because of Alice. Gerard and Frank already were. But I wasn't about to show weakness. Besides, if none of us showed up at school, someone always thought we were getting high or something. I started down the road and thought about excuses and comebacks and other stuff like that. It... didn't work. I'm too shy. I pulled into the school parking lot took a deep breath before turning off the car. Without all the other guys, and Alice, today was going to be tough.
"Mr. Way." The secretary at the front desk said when I walked in. "We got a call this morning from Saint Marie's Hospital saying you were going to be late. Thank you for finally showing up." She said sarcastically, smirking and nudging to the clock. She hated my friends and me. She didn't even ask what was wrong, or why I was at the hospital. She gave me a pass and I started to walk to wing C for third period: World History. I walked through the doors, gave Mr. Cummings my pass and sat down in the back. "How nice of you to finally join us." He smiled, and I could tell his eyes were sincere.
Mr. Cummings was the only teacher that was ever really nice to my friends and I. He played the guitar and I could see a slight hole in his lip from when he once had a piercing. He had hazel eyes and jet black hair that was usually combed back. His favorite color was crimson, so he always had a dark red tie on. His skin wasn't the tannest I've ever seen, but he told me one time that he was instructed to get a tan so the students weren't scared of him. He considered my friends to be his friends, and I liked that.
He started talking about Asia when I got lost in my own thoughts. Along with being worried about Alice, I wondered what lunch would be like today. I wondered if I'd make any new friends before 12:45 PM. Maybe I could go sit in the courtyard and no one will notice. No one ever sits out there, out in the shadows. They wouldn’t be able to see me. "- agricultural system of China in the 1400's, Mikey?" My head sprung up. I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose. "Hmm?" I forced a smile. Mr. Cummings paused for a minute and looked at the clock.
"Class," he started, "third period is over in about two minutes and eighteen seconds. Please put away your stuff. I'm not giving homework tonight." The class cheered. "Yeah, I know. I'm the best." he beamed. The bell rang. "See you suckers tomorrow." I got my books together quickly and almost ran out the door. "Mikes," He called, sitting himself on the top of his desk. "You and I need to talk later, okay buddy?" I forced yet another soft smile while trying to hold back tears. I nodded, and Cummings gave a "I sort of kind of not really know what's going on with you and your teenage emotions" look and I headed out the door.

Fourth period was Chemistry. This was the class I hated the most. The teacher despised me with a passion, and called me "that". But only on occasion. Usually she avoided using my name and just pointed while shrugging her shoulders. But if it was partnering for projects, she would point and call me "that". Example: "Jeffery Cole," who is the biggest jock I have ever known, "you can be partnered with..." And she'd shrug her shoulders for a bit while pretending to try to remember my name, rolling her wrist in my direction, hoping that maybe I'd give her a hint. "Mi-" I'd attempt to whisper, but then was cut off with "That. In the back." Jeffery moaned and slammed his shit down next to me.
Today I sat in my usual seat in the back corner. I took my sketchbook out of my backpack and started to draw what was supposed to be a bat. Gerard was trying to teach me. I was lost in the drawing for the beginning part of the class when I heard the teacher say "I'm going to partner you up for projects." Right after, she left the room with a curious look. When she walked back in, a kid about Gerard's size with blonde hair and baby blue eyes followed her. He had a ring on his lip and wore mostly black. But nearly no makeup. Ms. Estachio put a hand on his shoulder. "Children, this is... a new kid..." She said with a disgusted look. "Go sit in the back." She said to him harshly. I saw his eyes scan to a seat next to me. Crap. I'd have to communicate. He put his stuff down on the ground beside the desk and turned to me. "I'm Bob." He said with a slight smile. I kept my head down. "Hey." was all I responded with. The kid frowned. "I just moved here from Chicago." I sighed. "Welcome to the Jersey suburbs, Bob." I replied, no emotions present. I still didn't look up. "Well aren't you a bucket of joy." He mumbled sarcastically, crossing his arms and looking straight ahead. Now I felt bad for not saying anything to him. The teacher was still talking. "Newbie!" Bob looked at Pistacio. "I'll pair you with..." I finally got all of my courage up. "MIKEY!" I shouted. Bob smiled at me. "My name is MIKEY!"

"That."