Status: Just needed to get it off my computer. If it's completed it'll be completed in Cardiac Clockwork - its rewrite.

Some Sort of Angel

Fifteen

You shifted in the bed slightly, searching through the files of your mind, trying to remember what could be recalled. You cleared your throat quietly and looked at Gerard. He could read the wary expression on your face. He shut the door behind him. "Ali." He muttered. Sighing, he stepped to the front of the bed. He placed his hands on the end as if to hold himself up. "Alice." He now said a little bit bolder than before. "I've been hiding lately." He looked up, examining your expression as he spoke. "And I can't take it anymore. It's ripping right through me, Al. I can't handle it like I could in the beginning."
Could you have possibly done this? You looked down, ashamed, but the shuffling of feet on the tile made your head raise up.
Now Gerard stood right in front of you.
Your eyes wandered around the room, a response to your unsure emotions.
Gerard’s face emenated with concern. "Why are you so scared?" he whispered.
You looked down again, once more foreseeing the tears. They were burning under your eyes, waiting to be let out.
"Alice. Please... please don't cry."
"I can't help it."
You looked at him again, straight into the radiant hazel orbs before you.
And he stared back.
While another gentle smile slowly formed across his face.