Status: Just needed to get it off my computer. If it's completed it'll be completed in Cardiac Clockwork - its rewrite.

Some Sort of Angel

Four

You walked into Gerard's room and your heart started beating faster, just like every other time you saw him. He was lying on the bed with his sketchbook on his thighs and a pencil in his hand, drawing something – probably a new comic book character. He drew thousands of those. You knocked on the inside of the door gently. You knew he would see you. He probably wouldn't invite you in.
"Hey, Alice." He said quietly.
"Hey, Gerard." you replied with a heavy sigh.
After a moment Gerard dropped the pencil. His eyes were still locked on the paper. "I'm sorry I made such a big deal out of that. I acted like a whiny little bitch."
"I forgive you," You chuckled, and then looked at the floor. "Do you forgive me back, though?"
You both looked up, and you could see his gorgeous hazel eyes. "Of course, Alice. As I said, that was dumb."
You chuckled, and sat beside him on his bed. "What’cha drawin'?" You asked happily, bouncing next to him. Gerard sort of hid his book, as if he didn't want you to see it. "Gerard!" You scrambled on top of him, reaching for the sketchbook. "Ali! Quit it!" He joked, grinning uncontrollably. You were now face to face, smiling at each other's eyes. You stared back, admiring the world in the beautiful hazel eyes that lay before you. Then his smile disappeared.
"What?" You asked nervously.
"Alice... did you..."
"What, Gerard." You firmly asked.
"Did you mean something... by... that kiss?"
Your eyes widened, but you controlled them. "Gerard, I-” you hesitated, “You know I didn't. Why would you think that?"
"It felt like it meant something."
You choked on his words. "You felt that?"
"When it means something. I did with Beth."
You sat up and stared him straight in the eye. “But I’m not your girlfriend.”
You wished you were.
"Of course not. You're my best friend."
Your smile dropped, but you soon retrieved it.
"Okay. I'm going to go back downstairs."
"Alright..."
"Show me your drawing when you’re done."
"Okay. Maybe. I don't know."
"Gerard."
"Okay, I will."
"Thanks," You smiled.
As you started down the stairs, you began to think about what he said. The other boys swore in the past to never breathe a word about your feelings for him until you did, but now that you thought about it... What if he meant to kiss you back? You didn't want to think about it so you sat down next to Mikey on the couch, putting an arm around him. "How'd your therapy session go with your boyfriend?" Ray asked sarcastically.
"I told you not to give me any shit." you reminded him, glaring at him. You turned to face the TV again. Mikey was watching cartoons. You smiled to yourself. Mikey could be such a dork.
"Is he okay?" Mikey whispered.
"He's fine!" You said out loud. "Mikey, it was no big deal. Really. He said so himself."
"Okay... but I don't want him doing anything stupid."
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing. Never mind."
“Does he-”
“I said don’t worry about it.
You were taken aback. "Fine," you muttered.
Frank walked out of his bedroom and into the living room. He was wearing tight jeans, a Misfits tee, and a leather jacket. "Are we going somewhere, Frank?" Mikey asked, raising his eyebrows. Frank shrugged. "I thought the mall was a good idea. You coming, Alice?" You smiled.
You turned to Frank. "Yeah, I'll go. Is Gerard coming?"
Frank raised an eyebrow. "Only if you invite him."
"Duh." Ray mumbled. Frank made a face at Ray, and then sat down in your place.
Gerard was still in his room, still drawing his picture. You smiled gently. "All of us are going to the mall... you want to come?"
"Ye- yeah." He said, "Lemme get changed."
You nodded and walked back downstairs. "He's coming. Give him a few minutes."
"To -"
"Not a word, kissy face." You said sternly, pointing at Ray.
Frank looked lost.
"Long story. Don't worry about it." You explained, turning to him.
Frank shrugged and went back into his room. Mikey went to his and got dressed, too, as well as Ray. When everyone met back in the living room, Gerard came down the stairs. "Ready?" he asked. You smiled once more, and he returned your grin before looking at everyone else. They nodded, raced outside, and crammed into the beat up Toyota, headed for the mall.