Status: Just needed to get it off my computer. If it's completed it'll be completed in Cardiac Clockwork - its rewrite.

Some Sort of Angel

Six

"Mikey, what the fuck are you thinking?!" You shouted. "Do you want me to get killed?"
Mikey looked at the floor with disappointment. You felt terrible now for shouting at him, because you were happy he invited you to move in. "Aww... Mikey - I didn't mean to -" Mikey slowly wrapped his arms around you. "I know. Don't worry about it." He whispered.
You pulled away gently. Frank and Ray were staring at you two now. Frank smiled turned away, heading to the car. Ray just looked confused and followed Frank. Gerard was already leaning against the vehicle, smoking a cigarette.
"Mikey, how would we do this?" You said, leaning against the wall of the mall next to the door. You pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "It's not like I can just go home and say, 'Hey, Leo. What's up? I’m taking my stuff. See you.' He’d kick my ass." Mikey brought his hand up behind his neck, thinking. "We can go when he's not home. When does he get off work?"
"Five..." You said slowly. "But it's two o’clock right now," You told him, pulling out your phone. You inhaled some smoke and looked up. "We wouldn't be able to pack up my shit in time."
Mikey sighed and looked to the car. "We'll talk later. We can get all the guys to help."
You put out your cigarette and headed toward the car. "Come on, Mikes."
You took his hand and swung it back and forth. You glanced to Gerard. Smoke was trailing out of his beautiful mouth, and his pitch black hair reflected the afternoon sunlight. You shook it off before your mind started to wander and kept walking. Yours and Mikey's fingers were laced together. You then got into the car and drove home, thinking about the meeting ahead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

When you all walked in to the Way apartment, everyone plopped down on the couch, you next to Gerard. You got nervous. His hand fell on top of yours for just a few seconds, and you bit your lip. "Sorry." He said quietly. "It's fine." You whispered. Mikey stood up in front of the couch to face everyone. You knew what he was going to say. "Guys..." He started. You got even more nervous, wondering how the guys would react. "I've invited Alice to stay with us. Like, to move in." Everyone's faces lit up. Gerard turned to you. "Are you going to? That would be great!”
You smiled a forced smile and looked at Mikey again. "But we have a problem. Leo'll hurt her if he found out she was staying here. We'll have to go get her stuff and bring it here quick. G, I know you have some extra boxes. And we have some stuff for her here already. Maybe not a bed yet, but I guess she can stay in Gerard’s and my room or Frank and Ray's room for now. This couch can pull out, too." He motioned to the beat - up sofa. You thought about it. This was only a two bedroom place, but you’d be willing to sleep on the couch.
"I don't know when we can get her stuff because Leo gets home at five. Do you guys think you can help us? Maybe we can go tomorrow, and she can just stay here tonight." Everyone nodded an enthusiastic yes, and got up to hug you. You embraced Gerard, slowly pulling him closer to you. He didn't seem to mind. You could feel him breathing softly on your neck. It was heavy, but soft. Then he sighed, and you could feel him smile.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

After your meeting, Frank and Mikey headed up to the Way’s room, and Ray headed down the tiny hall into his. Gerard stayed on the couch, staring at the corner of the room with great interest. "G? ...Gerard?" You waved a hand in front of his face. "Oh! Hi. Sorry." He turned to you and looked into your eyes, putting an arm on the top of the sofa. "Alice..." He asked, his voice kind of trembling, "If I told you something, would you answer me honestly?" You got nervous again. You looked back into his eyes.
"Of course..." You said, half - whispering. "Okay..." He started. You were very scared of what he was going to say. "I really like someone... but I feel like I can't tell her. And I know she would have a way better chance with someone else. A guy that I've known for a while. Longer than I've known you, actually." You kept your eyes from tearing up, and your heart from bursting. "I don't know how to tell her. She doesn't know I like her. Maybe. I don't think so. But that's not my point. I just want to know how to tell her. Can you give me some advice?"
You were crushed. Broken. Rejected. You hung your head gently, not even daring to look at him.
"Um… sorry… I need to go…" "Why?" You turned your head, allowing tears to fall. You leapt over the back of the couch and ran up the stairs, slamming the door to Mikey's room.
"Alice!" Gerard shouted. "Alice!"
You turned the lock on the doorknob and quietly sank to the floor, sobbing. Mikey looked up quickly from his sketchbook, and Frank put his guitar down. "Alice?" Mikey asked. You sobbed even more.

Mikey got up and ran to you and knelt down, Frank following. "Alice... what's wrong?" He asked you softly. You just shook your head, setting your hands on the floor.
"Alice. What happened."
"No, Mikey. No."
"No what?"
"What can’t happen. What didn’t happen. What won’t happen! Fuck what happened! Fuck it!” You screamed and got up quickly, running to the bathroom and locking the door.
You picked up a razor that was sitting on the sink, and thought about what you were going to do.
You stood there, just playing with it between your pale fingers.