Status: More Comments, Faster Updates!

Oh, on a Wire, We Were Dancing. Two Kids, No Consequences.

From the get-go, I knew this was hard to hold,

Five years had passed since that day, Five long years without another word from Jack. And around three years since she moved away. She moved to new York City, Where her dream of being a photographer could be fulfilled. Who would have known she would have turned into a model on the side. But, Her job was.. A little more difficult now..

“Mommy, Mommy! Lookie what I did.” Mia, Sky’s five year old girl shouted as she bounded into the kitchen after her Mother. Holding a picture she drew up high.

“Oh that’s so good baby! Well Done!” Sky exclaimed as she pulled the five year old up into her arms. “Mia, why don’t you go and show Daniel. He’s in the living room.” She said with a warm smile as she talked about the boy she knew since college. He’d been her rock completely throughout everything. The pregnancy, and also after little Mia was born. He looked after Mia while Sky had her work to do. The college were pretty cool about Sky’s problem. They weren’t going to kick her out just for being pregnant. Especially with how good she was at her subject.

“Mommy?” Mia asked making Sky break out of her train of thought to look at her daughter.

“Yes Honey?” She asked as Mia twirled pieces of her short dark brown locks around her finger.

“Is Daniel my Daddy?” Mia asked, Making Sky’s break hitch in her throat. She expected this but.. Not so soon.

“No baby.. But he’s just as good. Daniel is better than your Daddy Honey.” She said with a soft smile as she stared down at the extremely bright five year old. Her nose and her intelligence where the only things that Mia inherited from Sky. Other than that, she was purely Jack. From her dark brown hair to her chocolate brown eyes. Her cheeky smile also included. Something that Sky saw a lot of while they were in school.

“Mommy.. Will I ever meet my Daddy?” Mia asked, Her eyes filling with such hope that Sky just couldn’t take from the five year old girl in her arms.

“Maybe Mia..” Sky said with a small sigh as she placed Mia gently down on the ground. She instantly started squealing and ran into the living room to Daniel. Sky peaked around the corner and smiled softly at the boy who had Mia bouncing up and down on his leg.

“Dan, I’m off for work.” She said with a soft sigh as she put on her shoes.

“Okay babe. Have fun.” He said with a chuckle and she merely rolled her eyes at her best friend as she walked over to her daughter.

“See you later Baby.” She said and Mia gave her a sloppy kiss before hugging her around the neck.

“ByeBye Mommy!” She exclaimed before continuing her talk with Daniel about her drawing. Sky rolled her eyes softly as she walked out of the house and over to her car.

Once she was at work she walked straight up to her desk and sat on the comfy spinney chair. She instantly started playing around with some band photo’s she’d taken the previous week.

“Sky?” Her boss Chloe Asked as she peaked her head around the door. “I have another job for you.” She said with a soft smile, Motioning for her to follow her out to her office. Once they were both sat down in her office, she started speaking again. “now, It’s a Baltimore based band. I know you used to live there so I instantly thought of you for the job.“ She said with a soft smile and Sky nodded softly, Letting her boss know she accepted the job.

“Sure Chloe. What band is it and what exactly will I be doing?” Sky asked curiously and her boss shrugged softly after thinking about it for a few seconds.

“I honestly can’t remember the band name but you’ll start off by taking photo’s of the band and then you’ll do a short interview afterwards. Does that sound okay?” Chloe asked and Sky nodded softly with a smile. “Okay, So the concerts next week. I’ll call you in for your pass and stuff sometime this week. This is a big job Sky, I’m counting on you honey.” She said with a warm smile and Sky smiled back widely.

“Don’t worry about it Ma’am. I’ll get out as much as I can. I hope to do very well, As you know I always try my hardest.” She said with a grin. “You won’t regret it.” She said, honestly not caring who the band was. Either way she was getting paid big money. It could be the most vile person on earth for all she cared. But a little part at the back of her mind couldn’t help but wonder.. What if it was his band. It couldn’t be, could it? Even if it was, They wouldn’t recognise her anyway. She’d changed too much for them to be able to tell easily that it was her. She now had bleach blonde hair with pink tints. And she also had a few piercing. So it would be rather hard to recognise her. She walked back to her desk with a sigh and quickly got back on with her work.

-x-x-

“Have you had a good day?” Daniel asked as Sky walked in through the door.

“It’s been okay. Not much got done though because.. Well.. I didn’t have anything to do.” She said with a small giggle as Daniel wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

“Well, Mia’s in bed. I got her to sleep about an hour ago so she should be out for a while. She’s a little angel.” Daniel said with a small smile and Sky smiled softly back at him.

“Your so good to us Danny.. You’re an amazing father figure to Mia and I just want you to know how much I love you for that.. It would be so much easier if you were the father and not the prick that actually is.” She said, A slight bitter edge to her voice as she practically spat out the last few words.

“Sky, There’s nothing more that I want than to make the two of you happy.” He Said with a small smile as he kissed Sky’s forehead softly. “Her Father’s really missing out on that girl. She’s so intelligent for her age. And you can just tell she’s going to grow up a stunner.” He said making Sky smile slightly at the mention of her baby girl.

“She is. But sadly, She gets the looks from her father.” She said with a sigh and Daniel rolled his eyes.

“Are you actually going to tell me who the father is?” He asked and Sky sighed softly as she fiddled with her fingers.

“Jack Barakat from All Time Low.” She said as she softly bit on her nails. Daniels eyes widened softly as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

“Okay.. Wow.. I didn’t expect it to be him.” He said with a small chuckle and Sky nodded softly.

“I know. I honestly never want to see his fucking face again. He literally makes me feel nauseous.” She said with a small laugh. But, She knew she was lying. Deep down, She really missed the bastard that made her life hell. She missed him, Yet she hated him. She just never wanted to see him again. Or maybe she didn’t want to see him for the pure fact that.. She was afraid. Afraid to fall back in love with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo.. Yeah.. Sequel.. Waddaya think? (: