Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twelve: Not Like the Guy I Know

Disclaimer: I only own my characters. Sid and all the other Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twelve

I soon fell asleep in Jordan’s arms. I do have to say it wasn’t like when I was in Sidney’s though. Wait, what was I thinking? I shook the thought from my head and slowly started to wake up. I slowly started to move away from Jordan’s hold deciding I really had to pee. When I got up I realized that Sidney was no longer asleep on the chair. He was nowhere to be seen. I quickly went to open the door to the garage to see if he had left. He hadn’t.

I let out a breath I hadn’t realized I was holding and told myself I was being silly. I went to the bathroom and when I walked out I saw Sidney walking down the stairs. He looked somewhat hurt. He was dressed in a pair of mesh shorts and a penguins t-shirt. He looked up and saw me standing in front of the bathroom. He smiled at me, but it wasn’t the smile I knew. He rarely directed a smile at me, but I could tell when he was faking it. He continued walking into the living room, not stopping and for a split second I was scared to death that he was going to yell at Jordan again, but he didn’t. He simply woke him up.

“Hey man- we’ve got afternoon practice.” He said.

Jordan quickly sat up and looked at Sidney then he saw me standing somewhat in the kitchen. He got up, nodding to Sidney.

“I’ll see ya there Sid. See ya later Jess.” He said to me. I gave him a hug and said goodbye and watched him walk out the door.

I heard Sidney take a breath and I was almost scared to hear what he was going to say. I turned to look in his direction, but he wouldn’t even look at me. Instead he sat down on the couch and looked at the T.V. where the main menu had been brought up for Casablanca.
I stood still, waiting for the moment when Sidney would either start to yell at me or just remain silent. After a moment or two or three he still hadn’t said anything and I decided he was going to give me the silent treatment.

“Do you want me to come to your afternoon skate?” I asked him softly.

He looked up at me and shook his head no. I nodded and started to make my way up to my room to take a shower. There was no point for me to argue with him right now. When I reached my room I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower waiting for the water to warm up. I took off my pants and was about to do the same with my shirt when I felt someone turning me around.

My instincts took over and I went to yell but a hand covered my mouth.

“Shh, it’s just me.” I heard Sidney say.

“What are you doing Crosby?” I asked him, “You scared the shit out of me.”

He didn’t smile, which was odd. He would’ve loved knowing that he had just scared me. I tilted my head at him waiting for him to say something, anything. He didn’t. It looked like he was having a silent battle going on in his head.

“Are you feeling alright? Maybe you shouldn’t go today. Why don’t you just get in bed and I’ll make some soup or something.” I told him, suddenly feeling the need to help him.

His arms dropped from my shoulders. He didn’t speak a word and started to make his way to his room. I sighed and quickly bounded down the steps to the kitchen. I went through the cabinets until I found a can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup. I quickly got out a pot and placed it on the stove. I opened the can up and poured the contents in the pot stirring it every once in awhile. When it was done, I placed it in a large bowl with a spoon and got some crackers out as well. I found a tray in one of the cabinets as I was searching and placed both things on it. I then realized that Crosby would need a drink and poured him a tall glass of water and headed up the stairs.

When I reached his room I knocked softly and then came in. Sidney was in bed, under his covers. He looked up at me as I walked in. I tried to smile at him, but failed. Quite miserably I might add. I gave Sidney the tray and he nodded in thanks.

“Nice underwear.” I heard him say as I started to walk back out of his room.

Shit! I had totally forgotten that I wasn’t wearing any pants. “Shut up.” I simply told him.

“Will you keep me company?”

He sounded like a little child who had come home early from school. I sighed and started to walk back. I sat down on the edge of his bed and just watched him eat his soup for a bit. I didn’t know why I was doing this. I should’ve been in the shower or I should have at least put some shorts on. But there was something that was making me feel bad for Sidney and I couldn’t leave him. I scooted myself further up on the bed and leaned back against the headboard.

“Thanks.” I heard Sidney say to me.

I looked at him and realized he had placed the tray on his side table. He had barely touched it.

“Sidney, seriously what’s wrong?” I asked him. I put my hand on his shoulder and didn’t break eye contact with him.

“I-I,” he faltered, “I don’t know.”

He looked away from me and I could tell he knew exactly what was bothering him.

“Sid, you know you can trust me. I mean I know we’ve had our moments and we hate each other-”

“I don’t hate you.” He said, cutting me off. He looked back at me.

“Well I know we’ve had our fair share of fights. But you can tell me anything. I won’t judge you,” I paused, “Is this about your girlfriend?”

I heard Sidney laugh, “At least you know it’s about a girl.”

“So…it’s not her?”

“No. And she’s my ex girlfriend.” He got really defensive.

“Sorry.” I said. I was getting frustrated. I was trying to help him and he was thinking there was some exterior motive behind it. I looked away from him and stared at the big screen T.V. on the opposite side of the room. I felt him shift his position but I ignored him.

“Jess look at me.”

I shook my head.

He sighed and I felt his fingers under my chin turning my head to look at him. I didn’t fight him, but I refused to look him in the eyes.

“Jessica. Please.” He pleaded with me. He seemed like he wanted to tell me something. So I looked at him.

“What?” I asked, frustrated.

“I- I don’t know how to say this-”

“Just say it.” I told him. I knew I was being an ass. I had never seen Sidney act like this before. He didn’t know what to say at all. The Sidney I knew would just tell you what was what. There was no holding back. But now I say a different side of him.

“I like you.”

“I like you too?” I questioned him. I didn’t hate him as one would like to think. I mean there were times were I wanted to place a couple bullets in his head but I would never actually do that.

“No Jess, I mean I like you. I have for awhile now. Although I never dreamed that we’d have to get married.”

I didn’t know what to say. He liked me? But we’ve been pretty much fighting this whole time. Hell- we’d been fighting since we were in diapers. I stared at Sidney, he was searching my eyes for something, anything I’m guessing but I was so shocked I had no idea what to say. He didn’t wait for me to respond though. He leaned in, still looking me in the eyes and kissed me.

My eyes went wide and I did the only thing I could, I pushed Sidney back. He looked at me like he had no idea what had just happened.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me.”

I didn’t know what to say so I got up and walked out of the room and into my mine. I heard the water to the shower running and cursed.

Stripping off the rest of my clothes I got in the shower and simply stood there. I had no idea what had come over Sidney. That guy back there wasn’t the Sid I knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick update. Yes, yes- I know. So I know some of you (not mentioning any certain names) won't like this chapter at all. But no worries!! I'm sure you guys will like the next chapter ;) I have some plans.