Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Sixteen: "I'm Leaving"

Disclaimer: Only own my characters, especially Jess. Crosby and his teammates belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Sixteen
~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got to Max’s apartment you could say I was a complete mess. Max was good though, he wasn’t getting mad or impatient with me, but instead he was caring and helpful. He sat me down on the couch and told me not to move. He disappeared for a few minutes before he returned.

By then I was falling asleep. I heard him sigh and mutter something in French which I didn’t catch.

I felt my shoes being pulled off my feet and then I was lifted and carried off. I was gently placed in a comfortably soft bed and tucked it.

“Bonne nuit mon cheri.” Max whispered to me before he left.

“Bonne nuit.” I responded automatically and fell asleep.

I was woken up awhile later by banging on the door and Max cursing. I winced, I had a major headache, my tummy hurt and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep without any interruptions.

“What are you doing here at this time in the morning?” I heard Max ask somebody.

“Where is she? Is she here? She has to be here, where else would she be?” I recognized the voice instantly, it was Crosby.

“Who are you talking about?”

“What the hell did you do to her Max?”

“Calm down Sid. I didn’t do anything with anybody…not tonight that is.” I could picture the smirk on his face.

“God damn it Max! Where the fuck is she?” Crosby screamed.

I squeezed my eyes shut- my head was pounding and the yelling going on was not helping. Why did he give a shit?

“Shut up Sid. She’s sleeping in my room-she had a little too much to drink,” there was a two second pause before he continued, “And no we did not do anything. You should know I would never take advantage of a girl in her state, especially Jess.”

I didn’t hear Crosby boy say anything else and I thought he had simply left.

I rubbed my temples, trying to soothe the pain. My eyes were still shut tight and I was trying to ignore the sick feeling in my stomach.

“Hey Jess.” I heard Crosby say softly.

I ignored him.

“I know you’re awake. And I know you heard-”

“Shut the fuck up.” I told him, wincing. It felt and sounded as if I had just screamed that at the top of my lungs.

I felt his arm wrap around my body and opened my eyes. I did not want him touching me, especially- especially since he had just fucked some puck bunny he didn’t even know. I tried to pull away from him, but I was on the edge of the bed and would have fallen off.

“I’m not leaving you Jessica.”

“Really now? Funny you should say that,” I laughed ignoring all the pain, “Just go away.”

“Jess-” he started.

“No, I want nothing to do with you. You’re an ignorant ass who thinks he’s all that and who can get any chick he wants!” I stood up, “How was the slut?” I felt dizzy, but wasn’t about to back down.

Crosby stood up too, “Is this what it’s all about? Macy and I didn’t-”

“Save it Crosbitch.” I told him, “I don’t give a fuck anymore.” I knew as soon as I said that I’d regret it.

“Anymore?” he questioned.

I sat down on the bed. Just the little bit of time I had been standing hurt too much and I felt as if I would fall down any second, “You know when you started to go somewhere with your hockey I told myself you would be great- you wouldn’t be like all those other guys. I knew you weren’t one of them, the guys always sleeping around,” I looked up at him, “But I guess I was wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.”

He looked at me with a puzzling look, “Not all of us are like that. And I’m not like that,” he sat down next to me, “Not all of us just want sex- some of the guys want an actual relationship.”

I didn’t say anything. I wanted to snap at him, but bit my tongue.

“I mean- yea sure there are guys who love having the one-night stands, but I’m not like that.”

“Bullshit! Bullshit Crosby! You couldn’t have fooled me tonight.” I yelled. I cupped my head in my hands and fell back on the bed.

“I didn’t do anything with her,” he emulated my movement, “Are you jealous?”

“Fuck off.”

“I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you.”

“Don’t talk to me- go away. I’m calling my parents tomorrow and letting them know I’m coming back home. I’m leaving. I refuse to go through with marrying you. I just can’t do it.” I looked at Crosby. He looked horrified. His dark, adorable brown eyes bore into mine and it took all my strength to look away from them.

“You’re just saying that.” He said. He sounded like a young boy who just found out his dog had died. I knew he was trying to convince himself that I wouldn’t actually leave, but we both knew I would and could. It would be going against the contract we had signed, but if I really wanted to- I could.

I remained quiet.

“Jessica, don’t leave. Please.”

“Why? You seemed to be doing just fine before I got here.”

He started to say something but I got a horrible feeling in my stomach and got up and rushed to a bathroom. Luckily, the door I pushed open was a bathroom and puked. I felt someone pulling my hair back and out of my face as I continued to vomit in the toilet.

When I was finished…for the mean time I looked to see both Max and Crosby. I inwardly groaned.

Max was laughing silently to himself and Crosby continued to hold my hair. I glared at Max who seemed to be quite amused.

“Advil? Tylenol? Do you have any fucking drugs I could take that would work and make me feel better and not like total shit?”

“Mon cheri. Bien entendu!” he said in French telling me that of course he did. He went into the medicine cabinet above the sink and pulled out a bottle of Advil. He handed me two of them and a glass of water. I took them from him gratefully and swallowed the pills with the water. He then handed me the rest of the bottle, knowing I would need them later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bonjour! So I hope you guys liked the new update. I wanted to make up for how long it's been taking me to post new chapters, so I thought I would post one now. I'll go back and edit later. So, Sid and Jess? Hmmm. You think she's just threatening him that she'll leave?
Anywaysss working on the next chapter.

Oh... and be grateful- I wrote this in my classes today. Hahaha, tots cool- I'd rather be doing this then learning shitttt.