Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twenty: "Are you Jordan Staal’s girlfriend?”

Disclaimer: I only own my characters (Jess, Eric, Violetta, etc...) Crosby boy and the Pens belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty
~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Jess! I think this would be a lovely colour to do the guest bedroom in. Subtle and calming.” Mrs. Crosby said to me, holding up a light sky blue paint chip.

“It is very pretty, but I was thinking of doing a pale yellow.” I said, but then I got an idea, “With designs! That would look awesome, blue and yellow go great together!”

“That house is going to be very colourful and a wonderful sight.”

I laughed, “Well, I’m sure you’re right about it being colourful, hopefully it will look good though.”

“Can I help you with anything?” a lady asked, coming up to us. She was tall and skinny with short dirty-blond hair and had freckles everywhere.

“Yes actually. We would like to buy all of this in the cart.” Mrs. Crosby told the girl.

“Oh of course! If you follow me I can check you out.”

“What it must be like for guys who are cashiers.” I said.

“Trust me, they use it whenever they can.” The girl told me.

“I bet they do. I bet they do.” I said.

We both smiled at each other and I followed her pushing the cart. Mrs. Crosby walked beside me. When we reached the checkout counter I helped load all the paint and other stuff that I had gotten to redo Sid’s house with. Mrs. Crosby’s phone started to go off and she excused herself. I was surprised to find out that it really wasn’t as expensive as I thought it was going to be.

“If you don’t mind me asking, but are you Jordan Staal’s girlfriend?” she asked me.

“Excuse me?” I asked, stunned at the question that had just been asked.

“Well there was this article in the newspaper this morning saying that he had been spotted at dinner with this girl- which is you- and yea. Sorry I had to ask. I mean here you are standing in front of me and I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity.” She told me, speaking really fast.

“Woah, slow down. You’re fine. But no, I’m not his girlfriend, just a friend.” I smiled.

“Oh. That’s cool.” She said.

I laughed, “Yea I guess it is. Hey- I just moved down here. Would you maybe want to hang out sometime?”

“Oh, a newbie. I would love too. I don’t have many friends down here, so it would be nice to do something for a change.”

“Great, why don’t we exchange numbers and I’ll call you sometime to hang out,” I said getting out my phone, “By the way I’m Jess.”

“I’m Violetta. I can’t have my phone out at work, but I can give you my number and you can just text me so I have yours.”

“Sounds good to me.” I told her and got my blackberry out. I quickly added her to my contacts and sent her a text saying ‘Hey, it’s Jess.’

“Great! I can’t wait. Well I guess I’ll see you around later.” She said when we saw Mrs. Crosby come back.

“Jessica! We have one more place to go and then we can start to head home.” She said.

I nodded and waved goodbye to Violetta and headed to my Land Rover, packing everything in the back and then climbing into the driver’s seat. I really loved my new ride. It was great.

“Where are we going?” I asked, starting up Matthieu. Yes. I had named my Land Rover. Get over it.

“There’s this jewelry store just down the road, I need to get my ring cleaned.” Mrs. Crosby told me and pointed me where to go.

I pulled in front of a small jewelry store and parked the car near the entrance. Mrs. Crosby got out as soon as I had turned the engine and I followed her. She greeted the man behind the glass cases filled with necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets, and much more. She then took her ring and handed it to the man.

“Jess, while we’re here you should look at engagement rings.” She said.

I shrugged and went to look at a case filled with rings. They were all very pretty, but there was one that stuck out to me. It was simple, but very classy. It had a single diamond in the middle that sparkled beautifully.

“Did you find something you like?” Mrs. Crosby asked, walking over to me.

I nodded my head and pointed out the ring.

“That’s very pretty. It has you all over it. Very sophisticated.” She said. I saw the man from earlier walk over to us and hand Mrs. Trina her ring.

“Is there anything you want me to get out?” he questioned. I looked up into his brown eyes for a brief second before I pointed out the one I wanted.

“A very good choice ma’am.” He said and handed me the ring.

I took it from him and examined it closely. It was a Tiffany and Company. I liked their jewelry, but they were expensive. I tried it on anyways. I gasped when it slid on my ring finger perfectly.

“Oh darling! That looks beautiful!” Mrs. Crosby explained.

“It does, doesn’t it?” I asked. I smiled, but then it was wiped away. It was probably worth a lot and I didn’t want Sid to be spending too much on a ring for me.

“How much is it?” Mrs. Crosby asked the man.

“That ring is about ninety-two hundred dollars.” He told her.

“Holy crap.” I said, I had never bought anything that expensive before.

“Thank you sir. But right now we are just looking.”

“I see. I’ll leave you be. If you need anything else, just let me know.” The older man said and walked away to greet another customer that had just walked in.

“I wish it wasn’t so expensive.” I told Mrs. Crosby.

“Don’t worry. There will always be other ones. In fact, why don’t we look at the other ones.” She suggested.

We looked at rings for another twenty minutes, but I still liked the other ring better. No ring could match it. Eventually we decided we should head home and grab a late lunch. My growling stomach agreed with her and so we went back to Sid’s house.

Sidney’s expedition was in the garage and I parked right beside it. Grabbing a couple of bags from the back we headed inside the house.

“We’re home. Did you miss us?” Mrs. Crosby said out loud.

No one said a word.

“They must be sleeping or something.” I told her.

She nodded, agreeing and we brought in the rest of the bags, setting them next to the garage door to deal with later. When that was done we found Mr. Crosby asleep on the couch with the television on, but Sidney wasn’t with him. I decided to go and check his room as Mrs. Crosby sat on the couch with her husband.

I took the stairs two at a time and went into Sidney’s room where I found him sound asleep in bed. I decided to join him and crawled into bed, making sure not to wake him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm back from the beach. I'm completely brunt and I now have sun poisoning! Yippy!
No, not yippy.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the update. Oh, and this is the engagement ring Jess likes so much.
Sorry this chapter was kinda lame. Next one should get more interesting, 'cept I'm not really liking the beginning/middle part of it. Jess gets a little....what's the word I'm looking for? Bitchy maybe. Yea, that's it.
But! I hope you enjoy this chapter and hopefully I'll be able to update soon(: Have an awesome week:D Love ya guys♥