Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twenty-One: Still Touchy with Jordan

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-One
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about half an hour I still couldn’t fall asleep and just sat up in bed. I decided since I wasn’t getting to sleep anytime soon I should shower. I walked into my room, with the bed still unmade and everything still packed in the boxes. I sighed.

“Maybe I should put some stuff away first and make the bed.” I said to myself and got to work. I found my box with my white sheets and put them on. I then threw my red, floral comforter on the bed and put my matching red pillow cases on the pillows. I stood up for a second, pausing my work and then took the rest of my sheets out and put them in the bottom drawer of my dresser.

When that was down I stacked the boxes up near the door and got out my dressy clothes and hung them up in the closet, along with my sweaters, hoodies and whatever else. I then started to put away my jeans, sweatpants, shirts, and pajamas away in the dresser. After most of my clothes were unpacked I decided to take a shower and continue unpacking when I was clean.

My shower lasted fifteen minutes top before I got out and dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants, a black tank-top and Eric’s old sweatshirt from his hockey team. I decided to braid my hair to keep it out of my face and didn’t apply any makeup. Once I was dressed I got back to working on my room- even though I knew I wouldn’t be sleeping in here for awhile.

I found some of my shoes in one of the cardboard boxes and threw them in the closet. I then got out my alarm clock and placed it on the nightstand, plugging it in and setting the correct time. After about another hour of work most of my things had been unpacked and I was bringing down some of the boxes to put outside so that they could be recycled.

When I was coming back up I saw Sidney walk out of his room stretching and yawning.

“Well good afternoon Sid.” I told him and walked back into my room to see what was still left in the rest of the boxes.

“When did you get home?” he asked me, following me into my room, “When did you do all of this?”

“About a couple hours ago,” I told him, “And when you were asleep.”

“Do you expect sleeping in here soon?”

“Well, of course, when the bet ends Sid.” I told him.

“Oh.” He said.

I turned around and looked at him, “You know, you really shouldn’t live with the person you’re gonna marry before you marry them,” I paused, “Or sleep with them.”

He didn’t know what to say to that. So I walked up to him and give him a kiss on the cheek, “Just saying. So when is this game and who are you playing?”

“Well, we need to leave early. Oh and there’s this extra seat, so if you have a friend you can invite, please do so. And we are playing the Flyers.”

Violetta popped into my mind. I could ask her, it would perfect! “Alright, do you want me to make you anything before we go? Yes, I do actually,” I smiled, “I’m thinking of wearing my Letang jersey tonight. What do you think?”

Sidney raised his eyebrow at me, “Letang, not Talbot or Staal?” he winced as he said his teammate’s last name.

“Well, I was debating between wearing Jordan’s or Kris’. But I decided on Kris.” I told him. I watched as Sidney tensed when I said Jordan. And I honestly didn’t blame him for it. I mean if I had seen the girl I was supposed to be marrying making out with another guy I probably wouldn’t be too happy.

“Kris is probably going to brag about that.” He said and started to head down the steps. I followed him and we made our way to the kitchen. He got out a bowel, the milk and a box of Raisin Brain. I made a face when I saw the Raisin Brain.

I mean, who liked that stuff? It was gross.

“I wouldn’t be surprised.” I told him. I figured that whoever’s jersey I wore to the game would brag about it.

“So you said you had a friend to invite?” Sidney questioned, sitting down after he had fixed his cereal.

“Yea I do actually!” I told him, “I met her when I went out shopping with your mom. Her name is Violetta. She’s really nice.” I decided to leave out the part where she asked if I was Jordan’s girlfriend.

“That’s good to hear. Penguin’s fan?”

“I think so,” I paused, “She said something about Jordan or other.” I shrugged.

“What’d she say?”

There was a long pause.

“Jess?” he questioned.

“Oh nothing, just said how he’s a good player or something like that.” I lied.

“Hunter.” He said in a stern voice.

“Crosby.” I said back.

“Tell me.”

“It was nothing Crosby. All she did was say he was a good player.”

“I know that you’re lying Jess. I’m not an idiot.”

“I never said you were Sid.” I said. I didn’t remember saying that in the last five or so minutes of this conversation. Sure I had said it to him plenty of times, but not during this conversation.

“Just tell me.”

“Fine. She asked me if I was his girlfriend.” I said, huffing.

He stopped eating and looked at me, “Why would she ask you that?”

I sighed, “Because apparently there’s a picture of us or something in some newspaper or whatever.”

“Oh.”

“But I told her I wasn’t. I said we were just friends.”

“Did you say anything about us?” he questioned.

“No I didn’t say anything about us. I thought you didn’t want anybody to really know yet.”

“Well she’s your friend right?”

“We just met Sid! I’m not going to tell her every single detail of my life.”

“Oh Sid, you’re up! Good, I was just about to wake you up.” Mrs. Crosby said, walking into the kitchen. She looked back and forth between Sid and I who were probably just about to get into a huge fight over nothing. But she had come just in time. And I silently thanked her for that.

“Well I should probably go and get ready for the game.” I said and walked away, leaving Sidney with his mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, updated! So, Crosby boy is still feeling a bit sensitive and angry about the whole Staal thing, if you couldn't tell. Thankfully his mom walked in before they really started to yell though. Please let me know what you think and please let me know if there happens to be any mistakes. I looked over everything and I didn't see anything, but sometimes I just miss something that's wrong.
Hope you liked this(: Have an amazing day(: