Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twenty-Two: Practice

Disclaimer: You know the drill. My characters are the only thing I own, besides the plot line. The boys of the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Two
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting on my bed, staring at the wall. I had changed into Letang’s jersey and instead of wearing jeans I had put on black leggings. I had applied some makeup and kept my hair in its long braid. Eric’s sweatshirt was thrown onto the bed next to me which my one hand gripped.

I heard a knock on the door and Sidney poked his head in.

“Are you ready?” he asked when I looked up at him. He pushed open the door and I saw that he was wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and that he was holding his duffle bag.

I stood up, “Mhmm, I’m ready.” I told him and quickly grabbed a pair of boots from my closet. I turned around while putting my shoes on and watched Sidney watch me. He had a look on his face.

“Are you OK?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He said and stopped watching me.

I stood up straight and walked towards him. He could be such a woman sometimes, “Sid?”

“I’m sorry.” He said and didn’t look at me. He went to walk out, but I stopped him.

“For what?”

“Trying to start a fight over nothing.” He said and looked at me.

“It’s nothing. Besides, you have the right to be mad about what happened.”

“It’s everything! We are always fighting. I don’t want to fight with you anymore Jessica.” He told me and sat down on my bed.

I bit my lip and sat down next to him, “Sid, we have always fought. That isn’t going to change overnight. Besides, there’s nothing perfect about a couple who never fights or argues.”

“But we always fight.”

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand in his, “I don’t know where you you’ve been but we have not fought as much as we normally do when we’re visiting with each other. We’ve been so much better just these few days.”

Sid squeezed my hand, “I guess you’re right.”

“You guess?” I asked and laughed a bit, “Alright, come on buddy- you’ve got a game tonight and I still have to call my friend.”

We both stood up and made our way to the car together. I dialed Violetta’s number and she picked up on the third ring. We talked for a little bit just finding out a few new things about each other as Sidney pulled out onto the road and headed toward the Consol Energy Center.

“Awesome. I’ll see you there then and give you your ticket.” I told Violetta and then hung up, looking at Sidney and smiled.

“So she’s coming?” he questioned.

“Yup-she’s a big fan of hockey.”

“Penguins fan?” he asked.
“Nope.” I chirped. This was going to be a fun night.
“So, she isn’t a Pens fan, but she wants to come to the game?”
“She thinks the players on your team are hot. That’s why she’s coming apparently. But she’s a Kings fan.”
“Ah.” He said and nodded. He then turned on the radio and mostly remained quiet the rest of the ride.
I sent a quick text to Eric telling him good luck for his game and that he would do great like he normally did. I didn’t get a response back so I figured I had texted a little bit too late.

We soon pulled into the parking lot and Sid parked near the entrance doors. I got out and told Sidney where I was going and walked into the building, headed to the place where I was to meet Violetta. But I soon stopped dead in my tracks. I was here, with Sidney, which meant I was here earlier than most fans.

I heard laughing behind me and turned around to see Sid standing only a couple feet behind me, laughing at my mistake.

“Oh shut up.” I told him as Sid walked up to me.

“You forgot who you were with for a second didn’t you?”

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked him.

“You aren’t used to going to my games.”

“Except for when my parents would drag me down here to watch a few of your games each year.”

“You loved it.”

“Did not.”

“You did too. You love hockey.” He said.

“I do love hockey, but I didn’t want to cheer for you or your team.” I told him.

“But tonight you have to.” He smirked.

“I know, I know.” I huffed and we continued walking down the hallway where we made a left and stood outside a door.

“I’ll be right back and I’ll tell you if-”

At that moment the door was slammed opened and out walked Max Talbot and Kris Letang arguing about something, most likely it was something stupid.

“Jessica mon cheri! You’re here.” Max exclaimed and pulled me into a bear hug.

“Can’t breathe.” I told him after awhile.

“So sorry.” He said and let go.

“Nice jersey selection.” Letang told me and also gave me a hug.

“You didn’t wear my jersey tonight!” Max said, pretending to be hurt, “I’m disappointed. I thought we had something good going.”

“Oh please.” I said and rolled my eyes.

Sidney said hey to the boys and walked into the locker room to put his stuff down. When he came back out a few more of the guys had joined us. They all seemed in good moods and were all ready to kick some butt.

“Guys, what are you doing? We’ve got a game later tonight.” Dan, their head coach yelled at them from down the hall.

“We were hanging with our favorite person of all time, Jess.” Max sing-sang. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at him. He was such a freak sometimes.

Dan, obviously used to Max’s weirdness, ignored him and walked up to me and introduced himself, “I’m Dan Bylsma, coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins.”

I shook his hand, “Jessica Hunter, but just call me Jess.”

“Nice to meet you,” He smiled, “But don’t go distracting my boys from their games or practices.”

I laughed, “Don’t think that’s possible.” I told him, as the boys followed Dan into the locker room to get ready for practice. Well, all but Sid.

“Hey, here’s your ticket and your friend’s ticket. You can just kinda chill out and watch us if you want. It’s up to you.”

I smiled at him and took the tickets, “Thanks.” I said and started to walk away until I turned around and walked back.

“Good luck.” I smiled and stood on my tip-toes to give Sid a kiss on the cheek. I turned around and started to wander around the place arena until Violetta showed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm super sorry for the long delay of updating. Between school, driver's ed, and having writer's block I haven't been very good at writing.
Yea, so driver's ed has pretty much taken over my life, it's three days a week for three hours a night- which cuts into my time for writing and on the weekends I pretty much just sleep and do things to avoid doing my homework.
Oops.
But, in order to get over my writer's block I deleted everything I had written for this chapter and rewrote it again. I don't think this chapter turned out very well, but oh well. It isn't horrible.
I'll check back later to edit it. But I hope you enjoy it and hopefully the next update won't take forever. Fingers crossed.