Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twenty-Six: Wedding Errands

Disclaimer: I only own my characters and the plot line. Sidney Crosby, Jordan Staal and all the other Penguin players belong to Mairo Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Six
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Come on darling, while Sid and Troy buy us some food, we’ll go look at dresses.” Mrs. Crosby said as I followed her into a store filled with dresses.

“May I help you?” A saleslady asked Mrs. Crosby only a few seconds after we started to search through the white gowns.

“Yes, actually you may,” Mrs. Crosby said, “We are looking for a wedding dress for this young lady.”

I smiled when the saleslady turned to look at me, “May I see your ring?”

My smiled faltered a little bit, “Uhm, I don’t have one yet. But soon.” I told her.

“No worries, I understand. Money is a big trouble these days, I mean, with the recession and all. Now, let’s look for dresses. What kind of style would you like?” she asked.

“Well, something I would like something traditional, but with an updated look.” I told the lady.

“Alright, well let me see what we have.” The woman said and started to look through the racks full of dresses. Mrs. Crosby joined her and they both started pulling dresses for me to try on. I freaked. Both their styles could be different than mine and I might not like what they chose. I stood there for half a second longer before I joined in on the search for the perfect wedding dress as well.

“You look absolutely beautiful!” the saleslady exclaimed as I came out of the dressing room for the millionth time. I walked out all the way and stood in front of huge, shiny, three way mirror.

I looked at my reflection and decided the dress didn’t look all that bad on me, but I wasn’t sure if it was the dress. Thankfully, though, Mrs. Crosby said something.

“I’m not sure if I like the way the bottom part is styled. It’s cute, but I don’t know if it really suits you, Jess.” She said.

“I like it,” I told them, “I just don’t think it’s for me.”

“No problem dear, we still have one more dress that we chose to try on.” The saleslady smiled. She had been very patient during the last hour.

I was helped out of the dress and helped being put in the next one. At a quick glance in the dressing room, I decided I liked it way better on the hanger than on me. As soon as I stepped onto the platform in front of the mirror, the saleslady quickly brought me back down.

“No, no, no. That doesn’t suit you at all. Bad choice right there.” She said and ushered me back into the dressing room. Once I was out of the wedding dress, I put my clothes back on and Mrs. Crosby and I headed back out after giving them our number to contact us. Both ladies in the store told me they would continue to look at dresses for me and call if they found some. I thanked them for all their help and followed Mrs. Trina out.

“Now where are those boys!” she exclaimed as we waited outside, “They were just supposed to get some food and come right-ah! There they are!” she pointed out as Sid’s vehicle pulled into the parking lot and both Sid and Mr. Troy got out.

“Hello boys, you’ve been gone for quite some time now. What’d you two do?” Mrs. Trina asked.

“Well, we figured you two were still shopping for dresses so we drove around a bit.” Mr. Troy told her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, who laughed.

“Oh alright then. Well come on then, let’s go eat.”

“We made reservations at the restaurant up the road. We’ve got ten more minutes to kill before they’ll seat us.” Sid said as we all climbed in the car.

“Well, it’ll at least take five minutes to get there and waiting another five minutes isn’t that hard to do.” Mrs. Crosby told her son.

Sidney started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot and drove up the road to a nice looking restaurant. We had a hard time parking, but after a few minutes of searching we pointed out a parking spot to Sid.

“Come on.” Sidney said, opening my door and helping me out. We made our way inside and were seated right away.

“Looks like we didn’t need to kill anytime.” Mr. Troy said as we sat down. We were in a booth in the back of the building.

“Of course not dear, now let’s take a look at the menu and see what they have.” Mrs. Trina told us, her menu already open.

“Hello, my name’s Ruby and I’ll be your waiter.” An older lady in her sixties told us. She had dark, curly short hair and was wearing bright red lipstick. “Can I start you off with something to drink?”

“I’ll have an ice tea and water.” Mr. Crosby said.

“Just a water for me, please.” Mrs. Crosby said.

“And for you dear?” she asked me.

“I’ll also have water with a Coke, please.”

“I’ll have an ice tea.” Sidney told Ruby.

She walked away to get our drinks and the table was filled with silence. Everyone was looking at their menu trying to figure out what they wanted. I had already decided I was just going to get a salad and so I was looking around.

The walls were a gold colour with mirrors and other pictures hanging on the walls. The place was dimly lit and the place was filled with people who were having a late lunch. Or an early dinner, whichever. Most of the people, however, seemed to be older, married couples enjoying a nice and quiet meal.

“Here are your drinks,” Ruby said, placing our drinks down, “Are you guys ready to order?”

“I am. How about you guys?” Sid asked.

Everyone nodded and we ordered our food. Mr. and Mrs. Crosby began talking quietly and I tried not to listen to their conversation.

“So, what took you so long?” I asked Sidney.

“Oh, uh, nothing.” Sidney mumbled.

I raised my eyebrow at him and he continued, “We were just looking around for a restaurant. Ya know- a good one.”

“Of course you were.” I said being sarcastic. It was easy to tell when Sid was lying and I knew he was lying.

“So, did you find a dress?” he asked.

I shook my head, “Nope. Not yet, but they asked me for my number to contact in case they find anything for me.”

“Well that’s nice of them.”

I took a drink from my water and nodded my head, “Yes it was.”

We continued talking and soon Sid’s parents joined in and we discussed what else we had to do before we had to get Sid to his practice, go home and then go back and watch Sid play again tonight.

“Here’s your food.” Ruby said. She had another guy helping her though.

“Greek salad?” the guy asked.

“That’d be me.” I said and he set the plate in front of me.

“Hey wait, you’re the girl I was just reading about.” He told me, after a bit of an awkward stare.

“What?” I asked him. Why was I all of a sudden showing up everywhere? I then gasped. I had a feeling I knew now what he was talking about.

“Well, at first they thought you were Staal’s girlfriend, but now they say you’re going with Talbot.” He said.

I laughed nervously, shaking my head. I didn’t know what to say.

“She’s with me, actually.” Sid said though, putting his arm around my shoulder.

“Evan! Stop chit-chatting.” Ruby scolded him and finished giving us our food.

“Sorry ‘bout that.” Evan said and gave me an apologetic smile.

“Its fine- no worries.” I said and both Ruby and Evan walked away.

I avoided eye contact with every Crosby and played with my salad before taking a small bite out of it. I felt like that Evan guy was going to be the only person to react like that. Most of the girls would probably chase after me and try to kill me for just even touching one of their boys.

Mr. Crosby cleared his throat after awhile, “Is there something that we should know about? Maybe some trouble that might come up once it’s announced you two are getting married?”

I looked up from my plate and looked up at him, “Well, maybe?”

“No, there won’t be any trouble. There have just happened to be some misunderstandings.” Sidney said. I looked over at him and gave him a look. Misunderstandings would cause some trouble.

“Nothing you can’t handle though, right?”

“We can handle it.” Sidney again spoke, telling his parents that everything was going to be fine. I, on the other hand, didn’t think it was going to be all the simple.

We all chatted over our late lunch and were soon finishing it all up. We still had a few things to take care of so we quickly paid and walked out.

“What are we doing?” I asked, as Mr. Troy drove.

“We are going to see this one place because I think it would be perfect for the wedding reception.” Mrs. Trina said.

“Cool.” I said as we pulled up this long driveway. As we got closer to the large building I gasped at the sight of it. It was huge! It was a huge mansion with many windows that were huge. The bushes were well trimmed and taken care of and had different shapes, no two were the same.

Mr. Crosby stopped the car right in front of the massive building and a few guys in red uniforms came running out to open the doors of the Sid’s vehicle to help us out. Well, mostly to help me and Mrs. Crosby out.

“This place is absolutely gorgeous. I love it already.” I said.

“You only like it because three guys came running out to help you.” Sid said.

“At least they’re gentlemen.” I said.

“They get paid for it.”

“They’re still gentlemen.”

“Just because-”

“Alright you two, come on.” Mrs. Crosby said and started to walk around the fountain. Even in the winter the place looked well kept and beautiful. I could tell that during the summer the place was filled with colourful flowers and everything was healthy. I quickly followed her leaving Sidney and his dad behind.

I couldn’t stop looking around the place. It was gigantic and I couldn’t believe that Mrs. Crosby wanted to hold the wedding reception here. It had to cost a million bucks to rent out or whatever it was to get a hold of the place for one event.

Sidney and Mr. Crosby soon caught up to us and when we entered the place I couldn’t take it anymore.

“This would be such a cool place to live. I mean really- who wouldn’t want a place as gorgeous as this?” I paused for a second before continuing, “I mean I think at times it would be a little too big and I would get tired of it, but if I was royalty or as rich as they were- I’d definitely buy this.”

Mrs. Crosby laughed at me, “You always said you never wanted a big place to live.”

“True. I don’t. I want something that is nice and homey. Not saying that this isn’t, but personally, I wouldn’t want to live here year round unless I had twelve or so kids running around the place. And even then I’d be afraid they’d break a window or something.”

“This place is a little too much to be a home.” Sid said, coming up behind me and placing his hand on the small of my back.

I looked up at him and saw that he was looking around the place the same way I was. I smirked, “Very impressive isn’t it?”

Sid looked down at me and rolled his eyes, “I’ve seen better.”

“Sure you have.” I said and continued to follow Mrs. Crosby who was now walking down a hall.

“Are we allowed to walk around like this?” I asked her once I had caught up.

“Yes, they know we’re here. I alerted them in advance. They would love to have us book this place for the wedding celebration.” She smiled.

I smiled back and we continued walking around the place when we went outside again, but this time we were outback.

“This is breathtaking.” I whispered to myself.

“Just think what it’ll look like in the spring time.” Mrs. Crosby whispered to me.

“It’ll be even prettier then it is now. Which is hard to believe, considering.”

“Sidney- what do you think?”

“I like it mom. Very nice, classic and sophisticated.” He told his mother.

“You dear?” she asked, turning to look at me.

“It’s perfect. Absolutely amazing.” I told her.

“Good then it has been settled. We’ll be planning to have the wedding reception here. Now let’s go and get Sid home and what not so he isn’t late for his game.” She smiled and walked back inside the mansion and through the hallways to the front again.

“In the car.” Mr. Crosby said as the same guys came out to open the doors and close them once everyone was inside.

When we arrived home an hour later it was already four o’clock. Sidney went to his room and changed while I went to mine and looked in the bathroom mirror.

I pulled back my hair so that I could see my neck and groaned. I needed to put more makeup on. I quickly grabbed my cover-up and foundation and got to work on it again.

“I swear I’m going to kill that boy one day.” I said aloud to no one in particular when I had finished with the makeup and the hickeys weren’t visible.

“Now why would you want to do that?” I heard Sidney say.

I jumped and turned around to see him leaning against the doorframe. I then glared at him, “Oh, I don’t know.”

“Now I know that wasn’t sarcastic.” He said and he started to walk towards me.

“Oh no, me-sarcastic? Never.” I said, being facetious.

“Can’t imagine that,” he said, “Now how about a good luck kiss before I go.”

I shrugged my shoulders, “I guess it wouldn’t hurt.” I told him and then kissed him on the cheek as I watched him pucker up.

“Hey!” He exclaimed afterwards.

“Don’t hey me. Besides I gave you a kiss on the cheek yesterday before your game and you guys won- don’t want to jinx anything.” I smiled sweetly.

“Since when do you care whether or not you jinx me.”

“Oh I don’t. I just think it’s funny when you get frustrated.”

I watched him give me a look of disproval, “You need to go and get ready for your game and what not.” I told him as I started to push him out of the bathroom and then the bedroom and continued to push him down the hallway until we reached the stairs. Sid walked down the steps without me forcing him and walked to the door that connected to the garage.

“I’ll see you in a little bit. You’ll do great tonight, I know it.” I told him as I stood in front of him as he got into his car.

“Thanks. Oh and I meant to tell you- wear my jersey tonight.”

“What? Why?” I asked.

“Just do it. You’ll see why later.” He said and closed the door after giving me a quick peck on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so I didn't have the time to thoroughly go through this chapter and edit it. So sorry for any mistakes you may encounter. But, I will make sure I go back and fix those mistakes.
Anyways- I apologize for the long wait. I went on vacation for two weeks and I tried to finish the chapter before I left, but it didn't happen. I just didn't know exactly when to end it and I knew I didn't want to end it where it was at.
But hopefully, the 2,603 word count will make up for that.
And, to show you what the "venue" looks like here's a pic of the mansion.
I'll have the other pictures up with the outside and what it'll look like for the wedding in a later chapter. Along with the dress, shoes and the ring(:
So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please let me know what you think and if there is anything that would help me improve. I love constructive criticism. Whatever will help my writing, right?
Bye guys- thanks :D