Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Blindfolded Surprises

Disclaimer: I only own my characters and the plot line. Sidney Crosby, Jordan Staal and all the other Penguin players belong to Mairo Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Seven
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I arrived at the game with Sid’s parents, we tried to quickly make our way through the crowd to get to our seats. I had worn Sid’s jersey like he had instructed me to do with a pair of jeans that were slightly ripped.

When we had finally arrived in the suite, I quickly took a seat to declare as mine for when the game started. For long time I simply sat in my seat, just staring at the ice and watching the fans that were finding their seats. Everyone was looking so excited for the game- and I couldn’t blame them. I was pretty excited myself.

“Jessica?” I heard a woman’s familiar voice ask me, interrupting me from my thoughts.

I turned around and was met with the sight of my mom who was smiling proudly, “Mom? What are you doing here?” I asked, surprised, as I quickly stood up to give her a hug.

She kissed me on the cheek, “Sid called yesterday and invited us to his game. I wasn’t going to turn that down, especially since I’d get to see my favorite daughter.” My mom kissed me again on the forehead this time, “It’s so good to see you again.”

“Mom! It hasn’t even been that long.” I exclaimed.

“I know honey, but I miss you. It’s been eerily quiet at the house since you don’t stop up to visit us anymore.” She told me.

“Where’s dad?” I asked, once my mom finally let go of me.

“He was right behind me a minute ago. I swear that man just wanders off- it doesn’t matter where we go.”

“He probably-”

“There she is! My beautiful daughter- all grown up. I can’t believe it.” My dad said, bursting through the door, carrying an armful of stuff.

“Dad?” I questioned, my gaze staying on the items.

“Oh. Well I bought some Penguin merchandise- no big deal.” He said, shrugging, “Now give your father a hug.” He told me and dropped the newly purchased hats, shirts, and other “merchandise” on the couch in the suite.

I shook my head at him and quickly gave him a hug. My dad and I were pretty close and I loved that, especially since most of my friends didn’t have a good relationship with their dad.

“I’m so happy to see you guys, but why would Sid ask you to come to this game?”

“I’m not entirely sure, but let’s not question that boy- he always has a trick or two up his sleeve.” My mom said.

I nodded my head, agreeing with her. He was always up to something. Once he gets a little too quiet and stops paying attention to what’s going on around him, you know he’s either over-analyzing something he did or trying to figure out some new play for hockey- or how to improve it. It was almost always about hockey with him though.

“The game should be starting soon.” Mr. Crosby said, looking at his watch. “I wonder where the rest of the people are. I thought we were sharing this suite with another group.”

“Maybe they got stuck in traffic.” I suggested. But at the end of the second period, no one had still shown up. The Pens were up two and the game was an intense one. The other team- the Rangers- had been so close to scoring so many different times, but our awesome goalie- Fleury- was able to stop them just in time.

“Hey guys, uh, before you all leave to get your drinks and what not- I, uh, just wanted to tell you guys something.” I heard Sid’s voice say over the mic, so everyone could hear him, “If you stay after the third period I have some exciting news to share with all of you and I would really like it if you would stay to hear it.”

I turned around to look at both my parents and Sid’s and gave them a questioning look. They all looked at me with smiling, ‘I know but I’m not telling you’ faces.

“What is he up to?” I asked.

“I have no idea Jess, he didn’t tell us anything.” Mr. Crosby answered.

I have them all suspicious looks, but they continued to ignore me and avoided any eye contact. “Fine, be that way.”

My dad started to talk about buying more shirts and whatever else the store was selling that he might like.

“I think you’ve already bought enough, honey.” My mom told him.

“But I didn’t buy a keychain- do they make Penguin key chains Troy?”

I rolled my eyes at my dad and tried to think about what Sid’s big surprise was. I mean- it had to be about me, right? It only made sense. But he wasn’t really the kind to announce his undying love for me. And, besides, the fact he didn’t love me undyingly- he just liked me enough to put up with me- told me he wasn’t going to do that. And it wasn’t like either of us really had a choice with the whole marriage thing. But I couldn’t figure it out and it was bothering me. For the rest of the intermission, I sat pondering what the surprise could be or would be while slowly eating a plate of mashed potatoes with melted cheese on top that my dad had handed me.

>>>

“Fleury!” I exclaimed in excitement and nervousness as he scrambled around to block the puck. The Rangers had been trying to play dirty and were being much more aggressive, which had helped them get a goal during a power play for them. I was getting upset because by the way they were playing now I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up winning. And I was not going to let that happen, especially since Sid had texted me again before his game.

>>>

“We won! We won! We won!” I shouted, jumping up and down around the room after the period had ended.

“Now it’s time for you to go and see Sid.” A man’s booming voice said from behind me.

I quickly looked towards the door where a security guard was standing, pointing at me. He was super tall and bulky and was a bit intimidating.

“Wait!” Mrs. Crosby said as she pulled something out of her purse.

“What’s that?” I asked, looking at the dark piece of cloth.

My mom shushed me and then continued to tell Trina that was a good idea. About another minute later I knew what it was that Mrs. Crosby had pulled out of her purse. It was a blindfold and I could barely see anything out of it.

“Oh joy.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Now- all you need to do is follow Tim here.” I heard Mrs. Crosby telling me.

“And how do you expect me to be able to follow him when I can barely see the outline of him, eh?”

“You can see the outline of him?”

“Barely. At least I think it’s him.” I told them.

“Well, just grab a hold of his arm and he’ll lead you. Right Tim?” she asked.

“Uh, yea sure- that’s fine, I guess.” Tim said.

I reached my hand out to grab his arm, but all my hand made contact with was thin air, so I put my other hand up and tried to make contact with an arm, or a wall or something.

“I’m right here.” I heard Tim say, getting bored and he grabbed my wrist.

“Thanks.” I said, feeling stupid.

“Come on. We have to hurry up.” He said and he took off, dragging me behind him.

“Where are we going?” I asked him after a few seconds.

“It’s a surprise.”

“How come a lot of people aren’t leaving?” I asked.

“They want to hear the surprise.”

“So… you know what the surprise is?”

“Only one of few.”

“Who else knows?”

“Oh, so sorry to let you go, but it looks as if you’ve arrived where you need to be. Go ahead and take off your blindfold.” I was about to when Tim changed his mind quickly. “Oh, wait- never mind- don’t.” he told me and I felt him let go of my wrist and walk away.

I realized at that moment I must’ve been back in the arena because I could hear everyone talking and then I heard everyone gasp.

I was itching to take off the blindfold on my head so when I heard Sid to go ahead it was off in less than a second.

At first I was confused and discombobulated because all I saw in front of me was the ice and some of the guys standing out there, smiling. But I didn’t see Sidney and I knew he had just told me to take off the blindfold. I cocked my head to the side, but then saw Jordan looking down towards the ground. When I looked down my hands flew up to my mouth as I gasped when I saw Sidney kneeling.

He smiled up at me and then put his one hand up. “Will you, Jessica Isabel Hunter, will you marry me?”

I stood still, shocked, looking down at the beautiful, silver ring. Since I couldn’t find the right words to say, all I could do was vigorously nod my head. Sid’s smile grew even bigger and he stood up, putting the ring on my finger. After I took a quick glance at the ring on my left hand I threw my arms around Sidney.

“A hug?” he joked, “I was hoping for a little lip action.”

“Oh were you now? How would all your lady fans take that on top of the proposal?” I whispered, referring to his fans like Macy.

“They’ll live.” He told me as he pulled back just enough to French me right in front of everyone with the camera upon us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such the long wait, I was trying to figure out how I was going to make this all work out right. But, I finally got it!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you guys liked the ring! It wasn't the one that Jess really liked at that one shop, but hey! I wouldn't complain if that was my engagement ring. Hopefully the next chapter will have her dress and all that lovely stuff(: